Test ride on a Bikonit MD1000 (Mid-Drive) and HD 750 (Hub-Drive)

Hi everyone,
I just purchased a MD1000 bike from China. Anyone else did it? How was your experience?

I found them responsive and easy to deal with. Production delays were a factor in my cancelling my order but a refund was processed and received within the required timelines. The risk is after sales support and that is an unknown. The savings are considerable so if you're not in a hurry, it is a compelling option.

Does anyone know offhand of a bike (not necessarily electric) that is close in size and tire size, so I can get a general idea of how it is to ride something this big. I trust what others say, that it handles well for its size, but would like experience something this big before I pull the trigger

Not sure what to compare it to. In my search I did not find anything comparable. Suggest reviewing Bolton Ebike youtube video of Kyle riding and talking about its size. He mentions his height and size of the bike. Then you can see him ride it.

Does anyone know offhand of a bike (not necessarily electric) that is close in size and tire size, so I can get a general idea of how it is to ride something this big. I trust what others say, that it handles well for its size, but would like experience something this big before I pull the trigger
The problem is the weight. A non-electric version of a bike this big would not be a bike, it would be a torture device :cool: . Actually, Bass Pro Shops sell a similar model and have bikes for demo. They are usually available in the boats area of their large stores and are, like the Bikonit, considered hunting ebikes.

The problem is the weight. A non-electric version of a bike this big would not be a bike, it would be a torture device :cool: . Actually, Bass Pro Shops sell a similar model and have bikes for demo. They are usually available in the boats area of their large stores and are, like the Bikonit, considered hunting ebikes.
Thanks

Ok, my ebike "stable" now includes a Bolton Warthog HD750. This was an itch that needed scratching ever since I test rode both the HD750 and the MD1000 at Bolton two months ago. After an aborted attempt to purchase the the to good to be true deal via Alibaba, I pulled the trigger on the Warthog HD750. Bolton has assured me I will be riding before the end of August and that works for me. I got dual batteries for good to great range and, because I just love the stealthy dual battery design of these ebikes.
Clarification: My only issue with the Alibaba MD1000 order was multiple delays in the contractually agreed upon shipping dates. Ultimately, I could not get a firm commit to ship date so I cancelled the order. I received a full refund 7 days after cancellation.

Last edited:
Ok, my ebike "stable" now includes a Bolton Warthog HD750. This was an itch that needed scratching ever since I test rode both the HD750 and the MD1000 at Bolton two months ago. After an aborted attempt to purchase the the to good to be true deal via Alibaba, I pulled the trigger on the Warthog HD750. Bolton has assured me I will be riding before the end of August and that works for me. I got dual batteries for good to great range and, because I just love the stealthy dual battery design of these ebikes.
I recently took a stab at a Gravity Bullseye Monster XE and was fairly disappointed in the quality. I am now leaning heavily again towards the HD750. When you rode the HD 750 did you find the cadence sensor annoying (I realize a torque sensor is worlds better) or did it function fairly well?

I recently took a stab at a Gravity Bullseye Monster XE and was fairly disappointed in the quality. I am now leaning heavily again towards the HD750. When you rode the HD 750 did you find the cadence sensor annoying (I realize a torque sensor is worlds better) or did it function fairly well?

I'm used to the features (not bugs) of cadence sensors. I have a hub drive 20" fat tire folder that I have been riding the crap out of for the past 5 months (about 2K miles). I don't mind cadence sensor quirks and so I don't really notice much difference. Both of the bikes were very powerful and comfortable for me to ride (I'm 6'5") as opposed to the circus bear riding the bicycle fit of the 20" folder. ;-)

I'm used to the features (not bugs) of cadence sensors. I have a hub drive 20" fat tire folder that I have been riding the crap out of for the past 5 months (about 2K miles). I don't mind cadence sensor quirks and so I don't really notice much difference. Both of the bikes were very powerful and comfortable for me to ride (I'm 6'5") as opposed to the circus bear riding the bicycle fit of the 20" folder. ;-)
I'm always happy to hear ANY opinions that there are so thank you.

I'm always happy to hear ANY opinions that there are so thank you.

Sure, one obvious thing re cadence vs torque sensors is that torque sensors do not work with throttles as they rely on pedal pressure to determine the help provided. Cadence is activated by predetermined rotations of the crank or wheel.

Some new ebikes are incorporating both and how those work together is I'm sure an interesting engineering challenge but it should be transparent to the rider. I'm getting a new Specialized Turbo Creo road ebike that I believe uses both. I have to say that in my test rides of the MD1000 and the the Creo they both felt a bit smoother in the application of power while pedaling but it was subtle. The other difference is that the MD1000 had a throttle and the Creo does not.

Sure, one obvious thing re cadence vs torque sensors is that torque sensors do not work with throttles as they rely on pedal pressure to determine the help provided. Cadence is activated by predetermined rotations of the crank or wheel.

Some new ebikes are incorporating both and how those work together is I'm sure an interesting engineering challenge but it should be transparent to the rider. I'm getting a new Specialized Turbo Creo road ebike that I believe uses both. I have to say that in my test rides of the MD1000 and the the Creo they both felt a bit smoother in the application of power while pedaling but it was subtle. The other difference is that the MD1000 had a throttle and the Creo does not.
I’ve been following. This thread for some time now reading all the comments good and bad. This md and hd bikonit ebike I like the look and the style of it. Just been waiting for the right time and company. Shhhhhh check out biktrix already order mine your welcome

I'm always happy to hear ANY

How much did you pay for the extra battery?

How much did you pay for the extra battery?
It's $699. IMHO, twas worth it to get a total of 30ah on the HD750 for $3K. Also, I like the dual battery integration of these Bikonit ebikes. As my friend Chris C said, "I just do not like the batteries that look scabbed on or look out of place on ebikes." Amen to that!

Last edited:
The Juggernault Ultra Beast has a much more impressive name.

I purchased from a local dealer who will support the ebike and for me that is kind of a big deal especially when you're spending +/- $4K for a Chinese made ebike.

So you bought an Ultra Beast from LBS?
No, I bought one of the ebikes that this thread was created to discuss from a dealer that sells the ebikes that are the bikes being discussed here.

Last edited:
Yes and no. It (HD750 with dual batteries) is due in early Sept.

I bought my MD1000 from Alibaba.com and dealt with Frank. He was sorry that could not ship yours on time.They are very busy now and also have lots of bikes that are waiting to be shipped, may have shipping problems.
I will wait a few more weeks, hope to get a notification that bike was shipped. I also bought another ebike for my wife from them too. Got a good deal on it.
If someone gets the bike please share your experience!

I bought my MD1000 from Alibaba.com and dealt with Frank. He was sorry that could not ship yours on time.They are very busy now and also have lots of bikes that are waiting to be shipped, may have shipping problems.
I will wait a few more weeks, hope to get a notification that bike was shipped. I also bought another ebike for my wife from them too. Got a good deal on it.
If someone gets the bike please share your experience!

Unfortunately, Frank doesn't sell the HD-750. The Bafang 750 hub is a tried and true motor and with 30ah of battery, I think it will provide close to the 80 mile range I want. At the Bolton test ride, I hadn't planned on riding HD-750 but when I did, it left a very positive impression. For me, the HD750 was the safer choice while the MD1000 offered a higher risk/reward factor. It is actually unusual for me to opt for the safer choice ... I'll write it off to old age.

Last edited:
Back