Test ride on a Bikonit MD1000 (Mid-Drive) and HD 750 (Hub-Drive)

I spoke to Frank Monday Morning (China time) and I was told that there is a small delay and after they come from the holiday on the 5th they will put them together and ship right away. There is a week holiday in China now

I spoke to Frank Monday Morning (China time) and I was told that there is a small delay and after they come from the holiday on the 5th they will put them together and ship right away. There is a week holiday in China now

I hope you are correct ... A quick look at this Chinese National holiday shows it from Oct 1-8 so my guess is that it will take another +/- 2 weeks to build and ship and that is if the information Frank have you is correct.

Considering what C-19 has done to the world bike market supply chain, It is amazing we can get anything built and delivered. At this point in my life, time is a valuable commodity and even in normal circumstances, patience is not my strong suit.

Last edited:
Well the long wait for the MD 1000 appears to be just about over. Below is a photo (more to come) of the final setup of the MD's. I believe the HD 750's will also be in this soon to be shipped batch. While the photo isn't the best, it does show a couple of interesting things. A headlight will be included on the standard model and, it appears that they will be using a trigger throttle on the left side vs the specified, 1/2 grip twist throttle on the right side. I'm happy with that change as I much prefer the trigger throttle and that was the way the prototype Bolton MD 1000 that I rode was configured.
In any case, I'm really liking the look of the flat black, no badging frame of the MD 1000 and can't wait to get in the saddle
MD's ready to ship.jpg

Well the long wait for the MD 1000 appears to be just about over. Below is a photo (more to come) of the final setup of the MD's. I believe the HD 750's will also be in this soon to be shipped batch. While the photo isn't the best, it does show a couple of interesting things. A headlight will be included on the standard model and, it appears that they will be using a trigger throttle on the left side vs the specified, 1/2 grip twist throttle on the right side. I'm happy with that change as I much prefer the trigger throttle and that was the way the prototype Bolton MD 1000 that I rode was configured.
In any case, I'm really liking the look of the flat black, no badging frame of the MD 1000 and can't wait to get in the saddle
View attachment 68566
This is awesome!! I hope mine is one of those...

View attachment 68566
Who did you order this with? I ordered mine through Changzhou Leili Vehicle Parts Co., Ltd

Who did you order this with? I ordered mine through Changzhou Leili Vehicle Parts Co., Ltd
Same, I suspect that Leili supplies most if not all of the HD 750 and MD 750/1000 models regardless of branding. The Chinese bike manufacturing supply chain is complicated and I don't pretend to fully understand the details nor do I want to. I do like the ability to speak directly with the person who handles the final assembly and shipping of the ebikes. Alibaba provided a means of finding Leili and a seemingly secure method for ordering. That said, it is the wild west (in this case, the wild east ;-) for ebike building so as always, Caveat Emptor.

great news. I spoke to the manufacture too and was told that they should send them this week.

View attachment 68566

Here are a couple of additional photos of the bikes being assembled. Shipping will be next week. The standard throttle will be a thumb throttle like the photo below:
Thumb Throttle.jpg
rmk md 1000.jpg

They all look like they are using a 11-speed vs IGH
I think questions about reliability of the SA IHG increased demand for the SRAM gearset on the MD 1000. I ordered the IHG but found out yesterday I was being sent a SRAM equipped bike. I caught the error and was able to change to the SA IHG. IHG was one of the MD 1000 features I wanted to try and I will modify my gear changing to accommodate the peculiarities of the IHG. This simple adjusting procedure (same #2 indexing gear for trigger shifter) should resolve one issue and not shifting under load is another. Again, I was fortunate to be able to ride this bike before ordering. If it doesn't work out, I have no one to blame but myself :).

Last edited:
Looks great in camo
I agree and that was my first choice. When ordering from the factory the color choices are limited and do not include camo. It's like the Model A Fords, you can have any color you like as long as it's black ...
Fortunately, I like the stealthy Batbike look of the unbranded black.

I agree and that was my first choice. When ordering from the factory the color choices are limited and do not include camo. It's like the Model A Fords, you can have any color you like as long as it's black ...
Fortunately, I like the stealthy Batbike look of the unbranded black.
Same, that's the color I got too. Looks like a nighthawk....

I ordered thru another Alibaba company (Steamoon) and was able to get camo. Camo wheels with the cutouts as well.

I originally ordered an MD1000 on May 20th. If I had known it would be 5 months to ship and 6+ months to delivery I would have probably gone in another direction. Seeing the photos of the bikes in final assembly is reassuring and this ebike is configured exactly the way I want for my use case.

There are so many branded variants based upon this frame and motor it can make shopping difficult. With the world bike parts supply chain in such disarray, it could be a good while longer before we see a return to a normal order/delivery process. I believe there are a few bikes still available in the pending shipment from Leili. An order now might be the best option if you want a bike before the holidays.

Last edited:
Well my MD 1000 has been shipped and is in Shanghai at the Port as I type this. I assume that shipment includes all the bikes that were ordered direct from Leili as well as a good number of Bikonit, Bolton and Biktrix units. I'm hoping for a quick trip across the Pacific. :)

Well my MD 1000 has been shipped and is in Shanghai at the Port as I type this. I assume that shipment includes all the bikes that were ordered direct from Leili as well as a good number of Bikonit, Bolton and Biktrix units. I'm hoping for a quick trip across the Pacific. :)
Since you have test driven the MD1000, you plan on doing any upgrades?

Back