specialized creo 2

Just had a look and yes the All Road is the same post. I have the set back version. Split carbon leaf spring gives awesome comfort
Compared to seat post that comes with Creo, does setback version move you further from handlebars? I really would like to get it, but unclear which version to select based on Creo 2 geometry

Compared to seat post that comes with Creo, does setback version move you further from handlebars? I really would like to get it, but unclear which version to select based on Creo 2 geometry

all the creo 2 droppers are zero offset.

if your bike fits well currently, you would want the regular (non setback) version.

You were very right about the Roval Terra. It's OK, but doesn't do anything for really rough terrain. Have you compared the split carbon leaf to Redshift?
Not tried the Redshift. I had use the Ergon on my Roubaix before I got my first Creo, so I only had one choice in my book. On the Roubaix, it replaced the CGR (cobble gobbler), which all said was the best seat post, but the German's had other ideas. The Redshift may have good comfort, but the weight put me off. This seat post in still on my Roubaix, Creo 1 and Creo 2

It depends on the seat position, but the layback is 25mm on the setback version. Not been an issue for me

Don’t forget you can reverse the clamp on the setback version which makes it just 13mm. I’ve got mine now thanks to Dazmans recommendation of a well priced source for those in EU or Uk

Don’t forget you can reverse the clamp on the setback version which makes it just 13mm. I’ve got mine now thanks to Dazmans recommendation of a well priced source for those in EU or Uk
Good advice. I hope you are finding it an excellent seat post like me. Can be a touch awkward to set up and find that sweet spot, but oh my days.......so nice when it's dialed in

Wider tires are not only more comfortable but wider is smoother and therefore faster than a skinny tire. The tires on my Creo 2 are actually measuring out to a plump 48mm. This will be ideal for the 80+% gravel road routes I'll be riding in the Sonoran this winter. Obviously, Spesh sees the trend going towards gravel riding and wider tires (sorry, roadies!) for many reasons. Over-built e-bikes are harsh and stiff rides as compared to my custom steel frames. The absolute easiest way to add compliance to any bike is with wider tires set to lower pressures. Per a ride review report from someone who has actually ridden the bike:

While I like that the Creo 2 has room for massive 2.2″ tires, it should be noted that the frame and fork are incredibly stiff. The massive downtube and overall design to handle the power and weight means that the Creo 2 relies on high-volume rubber and the Future Shock to add comfort.

I wasn't comparing my Creo 2 to a Creo 1, but rather to an acoustic bike. E-bikes have to be overbuilt to support not only battery and added weight of an e-bike but also all the additional torque of combined rider and bike assist power. When you ride in Turbo mode combined with your own power input, it's like 3 riders putting power into that bike which is not normal. Everything has to be overbuilt so sustain that. Normal chains are not made for that kind of power so expect them to wear out twice as fast at least. Hopefully, there will be some new chains coming out specific to ebikes. Going with a skinny tire isn't going to make it faster. It may feel faster because of all the vibration and buzz in the hands, but that isn't indicative of speed.

Tyre width is horses for courses, ie if you ride gravel, wide is good and if you ride road, skinny is good. I agree that the frame is very stiff and the standard dropper with zero compliance, making not great comfort. This is way in junction with the skinnier tyres, I swapped the seat post to Ergon CF3. The bike now rides great with a fine level of comfort. My skinny 28mm tyres are faster for the riding I do. I did 3 rides back to back to prove it, one on old Creo 1 with 28mm tyres, one on Creo 2 out the box with 47mm tyres and Creo 2 with 28mm on lightweight carbon rims. This dropped 2kg out the bike and the course was 3 mile odd with a 10% climb. The Creo 2 with 28mm tyres was much faster as the motor is a big improvement over the Creo 1

Tyre width is horses for courses, ie if you ride gravel, wide is good and if you ride road, skinny is good. I agree that the frame is very stiff and the standard dropper with zero compliance, making not great comfort. This is way in junction with the skinnier tyres, I swapped the seat post to Ergon CF3. The bike now rides great with a fine level of comfort. My skinny 28mm tyres are faster for the riding I do. I did 3 rides back to back to prove it, one on old Creo 1 with 28mm tyres, one on Creo 2 out the box with 47mm tyres and Creo 2 with 28mm on lightweight carbon rims. This dropped 2kg out the bike and the course was 3 mile odd with a 10% climb. The Creo 2 with 28mm tyres was much faster as the motor is a big improvement over the Creo 1
I know there has been some discussion about motor tonal levels, but do you notice a significant difference between the SLs1.1 and 1.2? My Creo 1 does whine a bit on the uphill climbs in the easier gears and eco mode.

I know there has been some discussion about motor tonal levels, but do you notice a significant difference between the SLs1.1 and 1.2? My Creo 1 does whine a bit on the uphill climbs in the easier gears and eco mode.
The 1.2 is much quieter. Yes you can still hear it but gone is the mechanical whirr sounds like gears dragging. It is also much improved at speed cut off (mine cuts at 16.5mph here is Europe). The old 1.1 could hunt for limit and be on and off around that speed. The 1.2 does this much smoother

The 1.2 is much quieter. Yes you can still hear it but gone is the mechanical whirr sounds like gears dragging. It is also much improved at speed cut off (mine cuts at 16.5mph here is Europe). The old 1.1 could hunt for limit and be on and off around that speed. The 1.2 does this much smoother
Thanks!

I heard it’s going to be like Q3-4 next year before they see more Creo 2s in stock. Anyone hear differently? The website says ”coming soon“ on the comp models so that seems odd. Also wonder if a Sport Carbon model could be in the works.

I heard it’s going to be like Q3-4 next year before they see more Creo 2s in stock. Anyone hear differently? Also wonder if a Sport Carbon model could be in the works.
My LBS has one on order for early to mid Februar for the S Works Creo 2. Haven’t heard anything yet about a sport carbon model except the Expert Creo 2.

however, the downtube of either creo is gigantic to house the battery, and of course it connects to the chainstays, seat tube, and head tube, so you've got a very, very, very stiff frame. much more so than anyone would intentionally design a carbon fiber frame, and while i'm certain specialized thinned up the walls as much as is wise (given that the downtube has the battery in it and also has bottle bosses!) the ride is definitely very harsh compared to a super light carbon frame, or even an aero carbon frame.
Yes, though my point was more that the downtube didn't change between Creo v1 & v2, and people didn't really have issues with the Creo1 on conventional 28-32mm tires AFAIK.

While I didn't ride my E5 much with it's stock tires before putting 42mm tires on it (intended for gravel riding), it didn't seem to have any issues (as compared to my Domane SL5 with 32mm tires) that required going to 47mm or larger tires.

Last edited:
Yes, though my point was more that the downtube didn't change between Creo v1 & v2, and people didn't really have issues with the Creo1 on conventional 28-32mm tires AFAIK.

While I didn't ride my E5 much with it's stock tires before putting 42mm tires on it (intended for gravel riding), it didn't seem to have any issues (as compared to my Domane SL5 with 32mm tires) that required going to 47mm or larger tires.

i think road bikes, especially carbon ones, have gotten much more compliant lately compared especially to bikes with aero tube shaping. maybe i just got spoiled, but road eBikes seem to have pretty harsh rides in general which i attribute to the big tubes. i like the ride of my creo a lot on 32mm tubeless, 40-50psi, but of course it has a future shock and most people on more traditional road bikes are running 28mm at 80psi 😂 … or worse!

i don’t really mind a stiff ride, i don’t ride off road much and i like avoiding potholes rather than riding over them! it started to come into play a little more on 4+ hour rides.

i think road bikes, especially carbon ones, have gotten much more compliant lately compared especially to bikes with aero tube shaping. maybe i just got spoiled, but road eBikes seem to have pretty harsh rides in general which i attribute to the big tubes. i like the ride of my creo a lot on 32mm tubeless, 40-50psi, but of course it has a future shock and most people on more traditional road bikes are running 28mm at 80psi 😂 … or worse!

i don’t really mind a stiff ride, i don’t ride off road much and i like avoiding potholes rather than riding over them! it started to come into play a little more on 4+ hour rides.
The Creo 2 is stiffer than the 1 and with the dropper, it needs the 47mm tyres to make the comfort. Hence when dropping a tyre size, it is also worthwhile considering a seatpost change if the dropper is not essential. Fitting the Ergon CF3 to my Creo 2 transformed it. I now run 28mm at 60psi, but I come from the days of 18c and 120psi.........

The Creo 2 is stiffer than the 1 and with the dropper, it needs the 47mm tyres to make the comfort. Hence when dropping a tyre size, it is also worthwhile considering a seatpost change if the dropper is not essential. Fitting the Ergon CF3 to my Creo 2 transformed it. I now run 28mm at 60psi, but I come from the days of 18c and 120psi.........
seems like another reason the creo 2 isnt really an endurance road bike. it’s a gravel bike in almost every way. great for those looking for an e gravel bike :)

Back