specialized creo 2

Dazman, good to hear that you’re satisfied with the Comp. By the way, I agree with you about jettisoning the dropper for a suspension post— I just picked up an eeSilk carbon post at less than half-price on a close-out sale.

I went for the Carbon Comp as it was all I could get my hand in here in the UK. I had not used SRAM before and was nervous about the Apex to. However, I can report that bike has been brilliant. The Apex is wirelsss and works flawlessly. After many hours of research, I to found little difference in the groupsets and found not point in upgrading the shifters or derailleur. All carbon Creo 2 have the same frame, so the money you save on the cheaper comp, can buy some tasty upgrades v the expert model and you get exactly what you want. I went for wheels, seatpost (as don't need dropper), cassette tyres. The bike is about perfect
This mirrors my experience. I chose the Comp because the Apex components are functionally identical to Rival, and a whole lot cheaper to replace. I’ll be adding the Futureshock 3.3, the range extender and a better wheelset in due course (I’ll almost certainly go Enve for their incredible warranty, but I’m open to Rovals as they were awesome on my last S-Works bike). I also love the colour. At this point barring a few very minor things it’s equivalent to the S-Works trim for over a third less (the S-Works also only comes in black, which holds zero attraction for me).

By the way, are the Creo SL range extenders compatible with the Creo 2? The Specialized website does not list Creo 2 as a compatible model for the RE battery.

By the way, are the Creo SL range extenders compatible with the Creo 2? The Specialized website does not list Creo 2 as a compatible model for the RE battery.
The units are identical but you have to ensure the firmware on the battery is latest spec. I plugged mine in that was not and I did not get full power. Got Specialized to flash it the following day and full power was back

This mirrors my experience. I chose the Comp because the Apex components are functionally identical to Rival, and a whole lot cheaper to replace. I’ll be adding the Futureshock 3.3, the range extender and a better wheelset in due course (I’ll almost certainly go Enve for their incredible warranty, but I’m open to Rovals as they were awesome on my last S-Works bike). I also love the colour. At this point barring a few very minor things it’s equivalent to the S-Works trim for over a third less (the S-Works also only comes in black, which holds zero attraction for me).
I did consider the Future shock 3.3, but can honestly say the 3.1 on the comp is excellent. I have had the 1.0 on the Roubaix, the 2.0 on the Creo 1 and now the 3.1 and can honestly say the 3.1 is the best. The 2.0 was adjustable, but I never used it. Hardly notice the 3.1, which is exactly as it should be and I love the fact they is virtually zero bottom out on it, hence not feeling it.

The units are identical but you have to ensure the firmware on the battery is latest spec. I plugged mine in that was not and I did not get full power. Got Specialized to flash it the following day and full power was back
That is amazing that the battery needed a firmware to work with the Creo 2! Did you have to bring it to a Spesh dealer to update it? An online store is selling ‘new’ extender batteries on eBay for $349, but I’m a little wary.

That is amazing that the battery needed a firmware to work with the Creo 2! Did you have to bring it to a Spesh dealer to update it? An online store is selling ‘new’ extender batteries on eBay for $349, but I’m a little wary.
My RE was purchased with my Creo 1 a good few years back and I did not get the firmware updated. Yes a quick trip to Specialized dealer and they flashed it in 5 mins. It is the same with Creo 1 and Levo main batteries. These do work with Creo 2 but need to on the latest firmware. I have see a post in the Levo forums where a chap had pop in an old battery and not got full power, so when my RE had the same issue, it was my first and correct thought. Spec app will show the firmware version, but no issue if it does need updating, provided you are close to dealer

My RE was purchased with my Creo 1 a good few years back and I did not get the firmware updated. Yes a quick trip to Specialized dealer and they flashed it in 5 mins. It is the same with Creo 1 and Levo main batteries. These do work with Creo 2 but need to on the latest firmware. I have see a post in the Levo forums where a chap had pop in an old battery and not got full power, so when my RE had the same issue, it was my first and correct thought. Spec app will show the firmware version, but no issue if it does need updating, provided you are close to dealer
Thanks, Dazman- all this stuff is good to know!

Don't you need to bring the battery and the Creo 2 to update the Range Extender? My Range Extenders were updated on the e-bike.

An online store is selling ‘new’ extender batteries on eBay for $349, but I’m a little wary.
It could be legit. That was the RE price with the U.S. discount this year. S

It absolutely does.
Specifics of how it does so would be rather more helpful than a no-detail counterpoint.

What specifically can you accomplish by dropping the seat a whole 50mm? It doesn’t appear to be enough movement to let me clear the seat to get down behind it on my M size frame

You can also upgrade the future shock on the Comp model to the 3.3 system if you want.
yep, directly orderable in the US at least.

Specifics of how it does so would be rather more helpful than a no-detail counterpoint.

What specifically can you accomplish by dropping the seat a whole 50mm? It doesn’t appear to be enough movement to let me clear the seat to get down behind it on my M size frame
Anything you can do to lower your centre of gravity over loose ground helps; it’s also useful just to make sure the seat is low enough not to continually punch you in the balls over rougher stuff. Would I prefer it to be a longer drop? Probably. Does it still help? Yes.

Back