specialized creo 2

Depends on how the light is falling on the bike. I think these pictures are a good example:

On the top of the frame it´s kind of an anthracite that shades to kind of a green color down to the part where the motor is placed.

Here´s another good example (the pictures that show the crank from both sides and the one with the range extender):

The crank, the screws, the plastic that covers the motor... they are all black. The part above is definitely not black, it´s the forrest green/moss green like advertised by Specialized.
May have been the lighting in the LBS!

Reminds me of the Specialized bike I bought recently.

What I ordered:
IMG_3969.png

IMG_3970.png

Versus what I got:
IMG_3800.jpeg

Still a cool color, but what the heck! Photos are quite a bit off from reality.

Reminds me of the Specialized bike I bought recently.

What I ordered:
View attachment 169078
View attachment 169079

Versus what I got:
View attachment 169077

Still a cool color, but what the heck! Photos are quite a bit off from reality.
Sometimes a Specialized bike looks better in real life than on pictures :) I can still remember my own shock when I saw my gray Vado in the store for the first time. It looked gorgeous when compared to the pictures.

Now, Giant... Sometimes the painting on Giant e-bikes looks cheap but it might be beautiful (depending on the model). When I went to an LBS to collect my Chameleon Giant Trance E+ and was waiting, an employee walked an e-bike to the store. I jumped and asked the salesman: 'What is this marvellous bike?!" to which he smiled 'It's yours' :D

Sometimes a Specialized bike looks better in real life than on pictures :) I can still remember my own shock when I saw my gray Vado in the store for the first time. It looked gorgeous when compared to the pictures.

Now, Giant... Sometimes the painting on Giant e-bikes looks cheap but it might be beautiful (depending on the model). When I went to an LBS to collect my Chameleon Giant Trance E+ and was waiting, an employee walked an e-bike to the store. I jumped and asked the salesman: 'What is this marvellous bike?!" to which he smiled 'It's yours' :D
I love a good gray color. Goes well with anything. More often than not things look better to me in real life, compared to photos. If you take the time to look really closely, this bike has a gorgeous textured paint job hidden by a layer of dark gloss. If you hit it directly with a bright flashlight it will reveal what's on the Spec site, but 99% of the time it looks to the eye like my photo. That said it was discounted further than the other colors, leaving room in my budget for a Creo 2. :p

FWIW the S-Works Creo 2 looked like charcoal in person.

They removed the “coming soon” graphics on all of the Creo 2 pages. Wonder if that’s to sell down stock of their other bikes. They’ve been on sale for what seems like 3-4 months.

I sat on the front of a group on the road at a pretty constant 35km/h yesterday for an hour after 2 hours on gravel. It rides very nicely indeed as a road bike.
There is a man who is regularly on the podium of gravel races I'm interested with, and he rides a road bike on wider tyres. So it is basically not the bike but the rider who wins. However, a "gravel bike" has the characteristics that allow most of us ride long rides in mixed terrain fast, often fully loaded. In this context, Creo 2 ticks all the boxes, and it is not a road e-bike unless heavily modified (such as the one of @Dazmanturbo). Of course you can make a Creo 1 more gravel capable. All in all, I made my Vado SL gravel capable...

There is a man who is regularly on the podium of gravel races I'm interested with, and he rides a road bike on wider tyres. So it is basically not the bike but the rider who wins. However, a "gravel bike" has the characteristics that allow most of us ride long rides in mixed terrain fast, often fully loaded. In this context, Creo 2 ticks all the boxes, and it is not a road e-bike unless heavily modified (such as the one of @Dazmanturbo). Of course you can make a Creo 1 more gravel capable. All in all, I made my Vado SL gravel capable...
Yes, mine is heavily road bias, but will still do light gravel such as the old rail paths and canal tow paths. With mine being more road, it is lighter and rides like an acoustic bike, meaning I can leave to motor in either off or low when not needed, to save the battery from when it is. Got them last few bits of mine due this week just to tidy the front end. The original Creo 2 has spaghetti junction with 5 cables coming out the frame, where as mine will have just the 2 ( brake hoses and remote wires in brake hose shroud). My bar have internal routing, to the remote will be hidden inside

Yes, mine is heavily road bias, but will still do light gravel such as the old rail paths and canal tow paths. With mine being more road, it is lighter and rides like an acoustic bike, meaning I can leave to motor in either off or low when not needed, to save the battery from when it is. Got them last few bits of mine due this week just to tidy the front end. The original Creo 2 has spaghetti junction with 5 cables coming out the frame, where as mine will have just the 2 ( brake hoses and remote wires in brake hose shroud). My bar have internal routing, to the remote will be hidden inside
Nice. I agree on the spaghetti; the cables are a bit of a mess. It would be great to see what you’ve done with all that when it’s finished.

Nice. I agree on the spaghetti; the cables are a bit of a mess. It would be great to see what you’ve done with all that when it’s finished.
This is my work in progress. The dropper cable has been removed and the two remote wire follow the rear brake hose and split inside the bars. Currently this is wrapped with electrical tape and the brake hoses are not routed internally into the bars. The hoses will go internally into the holes by the stem and the hose will shrink wrapped for neatness.

Attachments

• 0G6A7136.JPG
    0G6A7136.JPG
    263.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 0G6A7137.JPG
    0G6A7137.JPG
    258.3 KB · Views: 44
I have a couple of questions for you Creo riders who tend toward tarmac but also ride non-technical dirt and gravel:

1. Do you use Ride Wrap to protect your frame?
2. Do you install fenders/ mudguards and, if so, did you permanently install them or do you use clip-on fenders so you can easily remove them on sunny dry days?

I haven’t seen too many photos of Creos with fenders, so was wondering…

I have a couple of questions for you Creo riders who tend toward tarmac but also ride non-technical dirt and gravel:

2. Do you install fenders/ mudguards and, if so, did you permanently install them or do you use clip-on fenders so you can easily remove them on sunny dry days?

No ride wrap on any of my bikes, but I do ceramic coat them to keep the muck off or to a minimum. It does help to keep the bike nice and clean.
I do use clip on fenders, but only use them in bad weather

no, and no. i don’t ride dirt on rainy days, and when i do ride dirt, i have no expectations that everything will stay clean.

fenders or errands are for commuting, for which they’re great!

My other Specialized bike scratched pretty easily from my handlebar bag and clothing. I added 3M Helicopter tape to protect against future scratching. With a little practice it's not too hard to install. Ride Wrap is slightly thicker, and easier because it's pre-cut. When my Creo 2 arrives it will get wrapped first thing. Also looking into the fenders because this will used for commuting.

My other Specialized bike scratched pretty easily from my handlebar bag and clothing. I added 3M Helicopter tape to protect against future scratching. With a little practice it's not too hard to install. Ride Wrap is slightly thicker, and easier because it's pre-cut. When my Creo 2 arrives it will get wrapped first thing. Also looking into the fenders because this will used for commuting.
The best fenders I’ve identified so far are 1) Portland Design Works and 2) Rene Herse. Both are metal and seem well designed and constructed.

I’ve bought the Specialized fenders recommended for the bike, but haven’t fitted them yet as we are still in NZ summer. My hope is that taking them on and off won’t be too big a hassle. I’ve found that the matte finish on my Comp is holding only oil marks in quite a stubborn way and it’s definitely making me thing about getting the bike wrapped, as much for ease of cleaning as anything else.

Back