specialized creo 2

I have got some responses from the group.

The guy who said "the protection is problematic" said that if his gravel bike allowed that, he would install full fenders. He mentioned SKS Bluemels, which are available in many sizes. I hope your Creo 2 has proper mounting bosses and you could try the Bluemels?
Thanks for your research, Stefan! I actually haven’t taken delivery of the Creo 2 yet (scheduled for late Feb), but wanted to have a mudguard plan beforehand. I’ll assume the negative reviews were based on poor installations and also check out the Bluemels you mentioned.

The guy who recommends Bluemels specifically names the model named Matt. However, I am not sure whether the Matt is not to narrow for your tyres!

More and more people responsing with their positive experiences regarding Speedrockers 😊 What they like is you can remove and then reinstall the fenders in few seconds. Just saying.

More and more people responsing with their positive experiences regarding Speedrockers 😊 What they like is you can remove and then reinstall the fenders in few seconds. Just saying.
That’s definitely a key benefit, so I’m tending towards that model!

The guy who recommends Bluemels specifically names the model named Matt. However, I am not sure whether the Matt is not to narrow for your tyres!
I just had a look at those, and at first glance they appear to be exactly the same fender as the Specialized ones I just got for the Creo 2 - I suspect there's an OEM/rebadging thing going on there. The front fender at least appears to be identical.

@Amazer98: Another friend (whom I personally know) recommended SKS Velo 55 fenders. Although not the most sexy product, these fenders are far more effective than Speedrockers, he said. The Velo fenders are both within the Creo fork clearance and are good for the 47 mm tyres of Creo 2.

The friend rides everyday during the winter, so his opinion is valuable.

A few photos from yesterday's ride with my Creo 2 in full gravel ramble mode. Mixed surface rides around Tucson tend to be in remote areas with limited services, so I carry my own water and snacks for the day plus room for clothing layers. This was my first proper dirt road ride on this bike and it handled the terrain with aplomb. PSI was around 30 and with the future shock taking the edge off, I found the carbon fiber ride to be pretty smooth. Looking forward seeing how it handles on a variety of terrain including chunkier stuff and how rougher terrain could affect battery life. Also the first bike I've ever setup with with flat pedals and I'm still adjusting to it.

P1056092.JPG

P1056112.JPG
P1056108.JPG

@Amazer98: Another friend (whom I personally know) recommended SKS Velo 55 fenders. Although not the most sexy product, these fenders are far more effective than Speedrockers, he said. The Velo fenders are both within the Creo fork clearance and are good for the 47 mm tyres of Creo 2.

The friend rides everyday during the winter, so his opinion is valuable.
Thanks, Stefan. I’ll check that model out and add it to my short list of candidates. My bike is not due to be delivered until the end of February or perhaps March, so I’ll wait until that arrives and then make a decision for the spring riding season. Really appreciate your help with this!

A few photos from yesterday's ride with my Creo 2 in full gravel ramble mode. Mixed surface rides around Tucson tend to be in remote areas with limited services, so I carry my own water and snacks for the day plus room for clothing layers. This was my first proper dirt road ride on this bike and it handled the terrain with aplomb. PSI was around 30 and with the future shock taking the edge off, I found the carbon fiber ride to be pretty smooth. Looking forward seeing how it handles on a variety of terrain including chunkier stuff and how rougher terrain could affect battery life. Also the first bike I've ever setup with with flat pedals and I'm still adjusting to it.

View attachment 170063
View attachment 170065View attachment 170064
Awesome. Out of curiosity, why the flat pedals? How are you going with the range extender? I got mine last week but I’ve been away so haven’t had a chance to test it yet.

View attachment 170063
View attachment 170065View attachment 170064
Real feel of Fury Road about these pics… very cool.

Awesome. Out of curiosity, why the flat pedals? How are you going with the range extender? I got mine last week but I’ve been away so haven’t had a chance to test it yet.
Use of the range extender has been limited as I've only depleted the battery beyond 100% twice. Once I used a 131% (almost all in Turbo trying to deplete it) and another time 112%. On this ride I used 87% over 35 miles and 1600 ft climbed with 90% of the time in Sport mode. I didn't need the RE on this ride, but on a remote gravel ride over 35 miles I think I'll always have it available since things could arise I didn't plan for. Right now, based on the miles I've spent on the bike, I estimate I could do a mixed surface ride 50-55 miles long with 3000ft climbing with the RE. There is a dirt route in Patagonia, AZ with that exact profile which I hope to hit soon to prove that out. With how I use the battery (mainly Sport mode), my weight (210lbs) and riding mixed surfaces I'm at about 2.5% battery used per mile. As I get more fit, I could drive that number down a bit by using Eco more.

Regarding the flat pedals, I wanted to make the bike more versatile. For example, I can hop on the bike in jeans and t-shirt, wear regular shoes and go out for a little 10-12 mile spin around then neighborhood just for fun. This is about my max distance without bib shorts. Or maybe take it down to a shop or pub where I can lock the bike where I can see it. I did buy a pair of Giro Latch flat pedal shoes for longer rides which are comfy. I've also viewed some videos where they compare a rider's speed wearing clipless versus flats and there's never much of a difference in power or speed. What I don't like about flats is that on rougher terrain my feet can bounce around the pedals. I'm hoping this is just me being new to it and I'll learn to keep more pressure down on the pedal.

How are Creo 2 owners liking the gold color? It's really growing on me especially since it's a matte finish. They just stocked some more comp models, but the gold isn't in my size.

I love the colour…but beware the oil staining it can suffer. Being a matte finish it’s quite a bit more work to clean (for me anyway).
Had some paint issues with my new Diverge, so I was going to hit it with 3M Helicopter tape right away. Hopefully there is a matte version... it was pretty cheap and easy to install.

Does yours have noticeable stains already?

Had some paint issues with my new Diverge, so I was going to hit it with 3M Helicopter tape right away. Hopefully there is a matte version... it was pretty cheap and easy to install.

Does yours have noticeable stains already?
It did, but they came off with a touch of degreaser. It’s just the slightly rough finish that holds onto the oil or whatever I think. It does come off but it’s not as easy to just wipe down as a gloss finish would be.

It did, but they came off with a touch of degreaser. It’s just the slightly rough finish that holds onto the oil or whatever I think. It does come off but it’s not as easy to just wipe down as a gloss finish would be.
the other thing to be aware of with the matte finishes is that they can get rubbed glossy. in particular, make sure your legs don’t rub the top tube! after about 10k miles my aethos got a slightly shiny area on the top tube.

the other thing to be aware of with the matte finishes is that they can get rubbed glossy. in particular, make sure your legs don’t rub the top tube! after about 10k miles my aethos got a slightly shiny area on the top tube.
I think I’m going to invest in getting the bike ride-wrapped before much longer.

i’ll admit, i don’t really get wrapping things. yes, it protects the original paint for when you sell the bike, but the whole time you own it, it’s covered in cheap plastic. what’s the point of a really nice finish if you’re just covering it up and adding all those seams? makes sense for chainstay for sure.

Back