specialized creo 2

Hi WildPaul. I’ve just ordered a Creo 2 and am wondering how easy it is to remove the dropper post. Does the control cable disengage at the post end then just pull through from the bars or is it more complicated? Did you do this yourself or have the dealer sort it?
Thanks. Andrew
Hi there! On the one I ordered (s-works) there was no cable to remove since it's a wireless dropper. Not sure how it works on the others, but I imagine it's not too bad.

Congrats, you're going to LOVE the bike.

Hi there! On the one I ordered (s-works) there was no cable to remove since it's a wireless dropper. Not sure how it works on the others, but I imagine it's not too bad.

Congrats, you're going to LOVE the bike.
Thanks Paul. Mine will be expert so I’ll ask the Specialized shop if it’s easy. Yes I’m sure I’ll love the bike ……. Except paying for it but I can’t take it with me and the grandkids would no doubt just spend it on expensive holidays and beer 🤣

Well - specialized gets my money again! I Plopped down for an Expert. My LBS is giving a decent return on the Creo 1 on trade, so I couldn't refuse.

I used the Creo 1 to much success racing some eGravel events in Colorado - this one looks competitive for that!

Interestingly, it is configured almost identically to how I set up the Creo 1 with the MTB mullet drivetrain.

I would have been on the top of the podium except for the lack of mud clearance for my tires! (I did win my age group). I'll run the new one next year and see how we do!
I am about to put down the money for a Creo 2. I am just wondering whether it is possible to do the opposite and put on a SRAM XPLR groupset to replace the mullet drive train setup that come in stock form.

I am about to put down the money for a Creo 2. I am just wondering whether it is possible to do the opposite and put on a SRAM XPLR groupset to replace the mullet drive train setup that come in stock form.
The SRAM XPLR kit will fit, but remember it can be 1x only as not possible to fit front derailleur. XPLR will only give you 44T on rear. I did look at this for mine, but will go with Garbaruk cassette and chainring, as both lighter and cheaper, but excellent quality

I'm curious if anyone going from an analog road bike to this bike (or Creo 1) can provide some insight for their experience regarding difference in Q-Factor. road-bike Q-Factor is considerably less than to something like this Creo2 - does it cause any knee or foot pain? was it unnoticeable or quick to get acclimated? i'm interested in 25-35+ rides where things may start to surface. really like this bike but wondering if this has been an issue for anyone.

I'm curious if anyone going from an analog road bike to this bike (or Creo 1) can provide some insight for their experience regarding difference in Q-Factor. road-bike Q-Factor is considerably less than to something like this Creo2 - does it cause any knee or foot pain? was it unnoticeable or quick to get acclimated? i'm interested in 25-35+ rides where things may start to surface. really like this bike but wondering if this has been an issue for anyone.
i have ridden both the creo 1 and analog road bikes quite a lot in the past few years, and the very large q factor of the creo did not bother me, rides up to 110 miles, more typically 20-70.

that said, i’m 6’2 or so and it may be that a smaller person would be bothered. i honestly can’t really tell.

i have ridden both the creo 1 and analog road bikes quite a lot in the past few years, and the very large q factor of the creo did not bother me, rides up to 110 miles, more typically 20-70.

that said, i’m 6’2 or so and it may be that a smaller person would be bothered. i honestly can’t really tell.
Yea same here at 6' 2". That said, I did notice the Q factor decrease nicely when I swapped from alloy to carbon cranks, as my alloy one were MTB one....

Yea same here at 6' 2". That said, I did notice the Q factor decrease nicely when I swapped from alloy to carbon cranks, as my alloy one were MTB one....
that's true, i put carbon cranks on my creo from almost the beginning, and definitely before i did any really long rides.

Got my Creo 2 today and just done a quick shakedown ride to test all was put together right. I went for the Carbon Comp as already have many of the upgrades I am looking to put on the bike. Out the box it dies feel good. Much quieter motor then 1.1 and can feel it is stronger. The seatpost is horrid and make the seat hard as hell, but luck that will not be staying on the bike.

I will do 3 rides tomorrow if the weather plays ball, each a 5 mile loop. The first on Creo 1, the second on Creo 2 as out the box and the third on Creo 2 with 28mm light carbon wheels on and seatpost changed. This will drop 1.5kg from the bike and roll much easier. This will give me a good understanding of the new bike and how it improves over the Creo 1.

I’ve an Expert on order so am looking forward to your review and re your replacement seatpost which is a mod I’ll be doing once I can decide a good shock absorbing carbon replacement. I’m hoping the bike doesn’t arrive at the local Specialized shop too soon as we are going through a cold spell and I’d be so fraustrated having the Creo 2 in the garage and not being able to try it!

Hi all,

I’m new on this forum. I really appreciate all the info being shared here by everybody, so I wanted to share some of my experience with the Creo 2, which I bought a month ago.

I bought a Creo 2 comp after comparing with the Vado SL, the Santa Cruz Skitch (newer Fazua) the Pinarello Nytro (older Fazuas were on sale), Bulls and Canyon (Bosch drives). I test rode all of them except the Canyon.

For me, the Creo 2 hit the sweet spot as a fitness-oriented commuter bike that gave a smooth and quiet ride. For the price, I wish it had a bit more power but you can’t have everything.

I originally had the dealer swap out the stock tires for Pathfinder Pro 47mm tires. It was a nice ride but felt a bit slow on my commute (which is pavement + gravel) and I got one flat pretty quickly (with tubes+sealant!). So I switched to running tubeless tires that seemed to have a good combination of rolling resistance and puncture resistance:
Challenge Strada Bianca HTL 40mm
(The above web site has a ton of data on tires! Very interesting)

Picture of my bike with the 40mm tires:
IMG_9770.jpeg

So far the ride has been fast and without flats so I’m happy. However my confidence while cornering on gravel is definitely reduced.

In terms of real world performance, I can reach ~25mph on the flats in turbo mode with modest exertion (100-150W from me). The max motor output seems to be about 340W. It is definitely easier to hit >25 mph with the Bosch bikes but I couldn’t accept their noise level.

1701203279453.png

On my ~22 mile commute, I can average close to 20mph whereas it would be closer to 15 mph (including all stops needed). So I can meet my goal of keeping my commute close to 1 hour each way.

Once again, thanks to all who have been sharing info here, it was really helpful.

Attachments

• 1701203249157.png
    1701203249157.png
    298.5 KB · Views: 52
I’ve an Expert on order so am looking forward to your review and re your replacement seatpost which is a mod I’ll be doing once I can decide a good shock absorbing carbon replacement. I’m hoping the bike doesn’t arrive at the local Specialized shop too soon as we are going through a cold spell and I’d be so fraustrated having the Creo 2 in the garage and not being able to try it!
The best I have found is the Ergon CF3 / Canyon VCLS 15 (they are the same seatpost, the companies are owned by brothers). That is what is going on to mine from my old Creo

Hello...
new here in this forum and since a few weeks owner of a Specialized Creo 2 Expert in size 58.
I´m a mountainbiker since nearly 20 years now and I´m afraid that my rides on my Fuel EXe will be getting significantly less now that I own this incredible new bike;).
I exchanged the dropper and the bar against Roval carbon parts and got rid of the tubes to set up my wheels tubeless.
The only thing I would critizise is the all black paintjob that I find a little bit sad.

@WildPaul Can you explain a little bit what the pointwork of the S-Works model really is? Matte army green with sprinkles?

Attachments

• 20231101_154246.jpg
    20231101_154246.jpg
    871 KB · Views: 87
Hello...
new here in this forum and since a few weeks owner of a Specialized Creo 2 Expert in size 58.
I´m a mountainbiker since nearly 20 years now and I´m afraid that my rides on my Fuel EXe will be getting significantly less now that I own this incredible new bike;).
I exchanged the dropper and the bar against Roval carbon parts and got rid of the tubes to set up my wheels tubeless.
The only thing I would critizise is the all black paintjob that I find a little bit sad.

@WildPaul Can you explain a little bit what the pointwork of the S-Works model really is? Matte army green with sprinkles?
Hey there - sure thing :) I personally love the s-works paint job, which is a matte dark grey with shiny flakes that catch and subtly reflect the light. Not really sure why they call it green, I can't discern any green tint to it at all under any lighting condition 😂

This photo (from the spec website) does the best job of capturing what it really looks like in person, although the flakes are perhaps a bit more shiny than this when they catch the light just right. As you can see in this photo, it's 100% grey with no green to be found anywhere. I also love how the s-works logo is subtly embossed on the side.

98123-00_CREO-SL-SW-CARBON-FSTGRN-CARB-DKMOS_D7-TCU copy.jpg

I've only had the bike for a few months, so I can't speak to how it will hold up long-term, but so far: it hides dirt fairly well, but that's possibly because the matte/speckled pain already looks a bit "dirty" (which I personally like, compared to a full glossy paint job.) Anyway, when I have gotten it dirty it's been trivial to wipe it off and restore it to looking new. I already have a few scratches as well, but they're also pretty hard to see (despite taking some decent falls!) and hidden well by the dark/matte color.

Hope that's helpful!

Update on my road spec Creo 2. I have now done 60 miles on the bike, 3000ft of climbing and 27% battery remains. Given that I have been testing out higher modes and micro tune, I don't think that is a bad return. The Creo 2 can match my Creo 1 for range with the option of more help if it needed. I did a 30 mile ride this eve in -3c (26f), which is not the most efficient temp for a battery and I used 30%

Back