SONDORS is releasing it's first mid-drive EBikes.

I think and I could be wrong but the purchase of the bike next year not when you receive it will increase. Meaning when you purchase it next calendar year, in January it will be at a higher price. So purchase now!

He stated in the live video intro to the new line of bikes that they would go up to about mid 3k to get to market price. clearly those bikes will not stay at 2k. it is a deal right now, thus why they sold out in just weeks. i don't agree with you, its elite class, not an introductory line of bikes. Sondors will remain the same....buy the lower line of bikes if you want a bike more inline with your budget.
Marketing you know... he didn't seem sure on what the price will be... Just saying if the price moves to far then they don't have the same appeal.

"buy the lower line of bikes if you want a bike more inline with your budget."
I don't think you know my budget, it is well beyond what Sonders is talking about for the right bike. I've spent around 8K on two bikes, batteries and accessories so far, and getting a good idea what I want in my next bike. If I find the right bike I will buy it. I would buy the Klever X-Speed Pinion right now just for fun, even though it is not perfect; but it is not available in the US.

Still I don't want to spend more than I have to, and in general e-bikes are over priced so I like companies that can deliver more value. It's only important to have the core components solid and a solid design, as one can add the quality of accessories they need if the bike is designed to accept standard accessories. Long term support would be nice, but unfortunately the world has changed, so I'm not really expecting any manufacturer to offer that, but I expect a bike I can maintain myself and get 3rd party support for.

Last edited:
I thought the first order was already over and will be delivered in October? If I go to the website I can still order the Rockstar for the introductory price. Granted delivery won't be till early next year. Unless I'm missing something? Thanks.

It was 2499 if you ordered for a October delivery and 2599 for a Jan 2021 delivery

All I know, is that for the LX ($1,999) and the Rockstar ($2500) is a steal and I wouldn't expect those prices to stay there. Sondors stated I am rewarding those that buy early that believe in the company and bikes. They will increase as they should to stay with market....how much is the question.

All I know, is that for the LX ($1,999) and the Rockstar ($2500) is a steal and I wouldn't expect those prices to stay there. Sondors stated I am rewarding those that buy early that believe in the company and bikes. They will increase as they should to stay with market....how much is the question.
The two things Sondors does really well is build quick loyalty and knows how to market. He makes people believe that he is doing them a favor. There are owners that 5 to 6 of his eBikes. You get what you pay for with their bikes, it's not a steal. You still get the best customer service from other owners on a Facebook page. I don't buy into it and that's why I'm not an early adopter.

Last edited:

All I know is the Rockstar is 2600

All i know is that am getting a bike i otherwise couldn't anywhere else for $1999. Marketing or not...no one can beat that price for what i am getting.

All i know is that am getting a bike i otherwise couldn't anywhere else for $1999. Marketing or not...no one can beat that price for what i am getting.
You get all the parts to make it a mtb, but you don't get high quality parts. That's why you get it at the price. Well that and you are willing to pay for something off a computer rendering and help finance the manufacturing and shipping without test riding and knowing what all the features are. I liked the rendering a lot, the prototypes not nearly as much.

You get all the parts to make it a mtb, but you don't get high quality parts. That's when you get it at the price. Well that and you are willing to pay for something off a computer rendering and help finance the manufacturing and shipping without test riding and knowing what all the features are.

Worse case scenario you blew 2 grand on a bike that will work just fine...

Worse case scenario you blew 2 grand on a bike that will work just fine...
Funny! That's the worst case? I didn't know all internet sold bikes work just fine. I guess all those complaints or issues asked on this forum about internet eBikes are made up? My Sondors fat bike worked for 1,600 miles before motor failure, my Haibike is at 4,600 miles and going strong. I have direct experience with their products. You?

Funny! That's the worst case? I didn't know all internet sold bikes work just fine. I guess all those complaints or issues asked on this forum about internet eBikes are made up? My Sondors fat bike worked for 1,600 miles before motor failure, my Haibike is at 4,600 miles and going strong. I have direct experience with their products. You?

I have 2 internet bikes that are both somewhat new. 350 miles and 100 miles and I have about 2k invested. If they break, I try and get them fixed. If it does not make financial sense to fix, I scrap. If I get 1600 miles out of either one before they break, so be it. Life is short, take a chance-hey you never know I may end up buying a Bulls one day...

You get all the parts to make it a mtb, but you don't get high quality parts. That's why you get it at the price. Well that and you are willing to pay for something off a computer rendering and help finance the manufacturing and shipping without test riding and knowing what all the features are. I liked the rendering a lot, the prototypes not nearly as much.

For all we know the parts on Sondor's bikes will be ok for recreational riders, which will be the huge majority of those who buy them. Racing parts are coveted by racers and extreme trail riders. Most of us on this board it seems do not ride that way. Maybe the forks will die an early death like other cheap forks. Maybe they'll go a couple years ... or more. I doubt the drive train will die early. Brakes? Not with recreational riding. There really is no logic in judging this type of bike by high end pro/semi pro standards.

For all we know the parts on Sondor's bikes will be ok for recreational riders, which will be the huge majority of those who buy them. Racing parts are coveted by racers and extreme trail riders. Most of us on this board it seems do not ride that way. Maybe the forks will die an early death like other cheap forks. Maybe they'll go a couple years ... or more. I doubt the drive train will die early. Brakes? Not with recreational riding. There really is no logic in judging this type of bike by high end pro/semi pro standards.

I fully agree. I mostly ride on trails but before I judge if its suited for it, i will wait for the reviews that come out in October and the listing of components. I don't mind investing some money on better components if they are lacking. Like you said, for most I am sure it will be sufficient.

Some are writing like they would scrap the Ebike if stuff failed.

WHY ?

The most expensive part on this Ebike is the motor by far, if it failed I would buy the upgraded version from Watt Wagon, everything else tires, rim, brakes, shocks, chains, cassettes are not super expensive to replace comparatively and will be subject to faster wearing with a stronger motor, but that would apply to any Ebike with an Ultra motor.

The only reason worth scraping the Ebike would be if it had a total frame failure that was either off warranty or not covered by it's warranty, and how I ride that's not going to happen.
Also maybe if your motor and your battery died at the same time then yeah, otherwise just replace what fails or wears out.

I shure hope the LX comes with a cassette instead of a freewheel. I know the Rockstar is getting an upgrade but it didn't sound like the other 2 were. At least if it had a cassette I wouldn't have to change the hub and re-spoke the wheel just to provide more gearing options.

I shure hope the LX comes with a cassette instead of a freewheel. I know the Rockstar is getting an upgrade but it didn't sound like the other 2 were. At least if it had a cassette I wouldn't have to change the hub and re-spoke the wheel just to provide more gearing options.

Although i looked it up, I didn't readily find a good explanation of the difference and why the cassette is a better option. Can you explain please?

Although i looked it up, I didn't readily find a good explanation of the difference and why the cassette is a better option. Can you explain please?
Some of the advantages that I'm aware of include a much larger choice of gear ranges and the ability to replace individual gears as they wear. A freewheel set up uses a different hub than a cassette set up and cannot be adapted one to the other. Most freewheel set ups are used on entry level bikes. The cassette configuration also has better load capability because of the bearing locations. Park tool has some good videos on Youtube that explain it and there are some others as well.

Some of the advantages that I'm aware of include a much larger choice of gear ranges and the ability to replace individual gears as they wear. A freewheel set up uses a different hub than a cassette set up and cannot be adapted one to the other. Most freewheel set ups are used on entry level bikes. The cassette configuration also has better load capability because of the bearing locations. Park tool has some good videos on Youtube that explain it and there are some others as well.
Thank you!

LBS ebikes have issues too.

Back