SONDORS is releasing it's first mid-drive EBikes.

I understand your point, that the tyres you need are available in many different sizes. I was looking for something very particular last winter, studded 27.5 commuter tyres. I realize that isn't something most cyclists will ever need. However, it was enough to make me give up on 27.5, it just didn't fit my purposes.

Back to the point, I recognize that making the Rockstar meet my needs will require me to make changes to it once I get one. Right now I am waiting to see some use reviews to decide if It will be attractive enough to go with, in light of those needs.

As another example, Sonders says a rack will be available. Again, for me, that is an essential item. No, it isn't something that most buyers will value, I recognize that. However, I am interested in how it will mount. Will it be a, "Wow, that is brilliant! Someone finally did a rack on full-suspension right!" Or will it be, "Eww, not so great. . . "

Again, I am waiting to see.

I was too hoping that a back rack would be an option

I am really thinking hard about the Rockstar. However, this concerns me, I am 5'6", are any of these mid-drives going to fit me?
Well i'm 5'6" also and have a Rockstar ordered for October. I will let you know how that works out.

That should be fine for the Rockstar or the Cruiser. The Lx is the one people need to be careful of when ordering. It is not short people friendly if you want a decent suspension seat post.

I mentioned this in a separate thread, however, I noticed that the Cruiser has a break in the seat-stay. I see this as indicating that it may be offered with a belt drive at some later date. Does anyone have any information about the roadmap for this model?

1597835110946.png

I mentioned this in a separate thread, however, I noticed that the Cruiser has a break in the seat-stay. I see this as indicating that it may be offered with a belt drive at some later date. Does anyone have any information about the roadmap for this model?
The LX with it's chain seat stay could also go belt drive.

Another update from Electrek on the timing of the next production run. ;)

Less than two months ago, electric bicycle manufacturer Sondors quietly announced three new high-powered e-bikes that were unlike anything the company had made before. The new e-bikes are part of the upcoming Sondors Elite line and are now taking orders for the second production run of the new models. Don’t expect these new e-bikes to be mass-produced, at least not according to Sondor’s marketing.

The company says that the new Sondors Elite e-bikes will be part of a small production batch, described on the Sondor’s site as “Small Batch Precision Production — Extremely Limited Reservation Opportunities Now Available in North America Only.” After selling out of the initial production run that will ship in October of this year, the next batch of production is expected to begin shipping in January 2021.

1597876524443.png

Love the look of the Rockstar. Anyone remember how much it weighs?

65 lbs per their website in the Specifications expanded listing. It's a nice design but I keep breaking parts on my bike when I go trail riding...thinking perhaps I could have bought a more expensive bike for the same amount I'll end up spending.

65 lbs per their website in the Specifications expanded listing. It's a nice design but I keep breaking parts on my bike when I go trail riding...thinking perhaps I could have bought a more expensive bike for the same amount I'll end up spending.

You have a Rockstar?

You have a Rockstar?

No I do not - and sorry if that the impression I gave! I bought an NCM Moscow which cost me $1100. Cheap for sure. But it was my first ebike and in-stock at the time which was important during this pandemic. Now I need to save up for something I will use multiple times/week that is more durable. Looking at Sondors, FLX, Luna, maybe Zen, and I'd say Watt Wagons has grown on me the most.

No I do not - and sorry if that the impression I gave! I bought an NCM Moscow which cost me $1100. Cheap for sure. But it was my first ebike and in-stock at the time which was important during this pandemic. Now I need to save up for something I will use multiple times/week that is more durable. Looking at Sondors, FLX, Luna, maybe Zen, and I'd say Watt Wagons has grown on me the most.

I am looking forward to hearing reviews on the Rockstar...

I'm in the first batch, (Oct) so I'll be back on here folks to give you my (unprofessional ;)) review with pics. My Sondors X was my first time on ANY bike in 30 years so tractor full of salt on my thoughts. :) Folks just like pics usually anyway. :) At least me anyway, love, love the gentleman's reviews on Youtube of all the e-bikes..

Rockstar will be an upgrade from my Sondors X, I'm sure. I bought this Rockstar blindly based on the promo pic, but happy I did. I am that impressed with my X!

Back