SONDORS is releasing it's first mid-drive EBikes.

LBS ebikes have issues too.
Of course if you are the one that has the issue, then to you, it’s a bad and valid point. But for those that don’t have ebike problems then your point is not valid. We all take risks when purchasing anything and it is time that prevails...if it’s truly a bad product then the claims will come pouring out. Until then I’m taking that 2k to the sondors bank and cant wait to find out!

Of course if you are the one that has the issue, then to you, it’s a bad and valid point. But for those that don’t have ebike problems then your point is not valid. We all take risks when purchasing anything and it is time that prevails...if it’s truly a bad product then the claims will come pouring out. Until then I’m taking that 2k to the sondors bank and cant wait to find out!

I think you misunderstood my post. Rich c was saying that Internet ebikes have issues, and I’m saying that all ebikes have issues.

Interesting response to my question on Sondors Ebike FB group. Hi Stephen, we hear you. The LX and Cruiser are using a 7-speed cassette, not a freewheel. The cassette freehub body will accept 7, 8, and 9 speed cassettes with Shimano splines, as well as some 10 speed systems. We are constantly testing the ebikes, and may make additional gearing changes as we did on the Rockstar

I am considering ordering the LX. If I order now it will not be delivered until February. I believe the first batch of the Elite Class bikes are shipping this month. I can't wait to hear peoples impressions of the 3 mid-drive bikes, especially the LX.

Attachments

• SONDORS LX glance.pdf
    270.7 KB · Views: 395
I am considering ordering the LX. If I order now it will not be delivered until February. I believe the first batch of the Elite Class bikes are shipping this month. I can't wait to hear peoples impressions of the 3 mid-drive bikes, especially the LX.

Do you know the difference in weight between the Rockstar and the LX? They both look great and I cant wait to hear feedback...

I like the LX for 3 main reasons.

1 – M620 mid-drive and HUGE 21AH battery capacity (all the Elite Class have the same motor/battery)

2 – I will be moving to my place at the beach in the next couple years and I want the FAT tires for riding on the sand. I plan to do some trail riding too, but it won't be balls out enough riding to warrant the Rockstar.

3 – The LX is $600 less than the Rockstar.

I like the LX for 3 main reasons.

1 – M620 mid-drive and HUGE 21AH battery capacity (all the Elite Class have the same motor/battery)

2 – I will be moving to my place at the beach in the next couple years and I want the FAT tires for riding on the sand. I plan to do some trail riding too, but it won't be balls out enough riding to warrant the Rockstar.

3 – The LX is $600 less than the Rockstar.

Yeah for 2K you can't go wrong for that Ebike.

I think the “October” bikes are not going to be delivered until November. I did not order one, but I ask about it. I think the original estimate was later in October. Then there were some delays (yada, yada, yada). Now we probably won't get any reports on actual bikes until late in November. So, the wait continues....

The thing is, I can't find any Bafang M620 bikes that are under $3K. If this bike turns out to be solid, it will be a steal at $2K. If I wait until the reports come out to order then the price of the LX my go up to be more inline with what you get (i.e. About $2.5K - $3K).

I think the “October” bikes are not going to be delivered until November. I did not order one, but I ask about it. I think the original estimate was later in October. Then there were some delays (yada, yada, yada). Now we probably won't get any reports on actual bikes until late in November. So, the wait continues....

The thing is, I can't find any Bafang M620 bikes that are under $3K. If this bike turns out to be solid, it will be a steal at $2K. If I wait until the reports come out to order then the price of the LX my go up to be more inline with what you get (i.e. About $2.5K - $3K).
It won't be November either. Here is the email being sent to those that ordered one.
You're one of the first SONDORS Cruiser owners, and being first is the best!
And while we all love to be first, it also means we're leading the way for everyone following us, and we're ready to brave whatever lies ahead, as the reward always outweighs the risk!
And today, we're writing you with a couple of announcements...
First, we have a new estimated delivery time for your SONDORS Cruiser.
Due to the extreme demand for high-end bike components around the globe, we've encountered challenges in obtaining all the necessary components to hand-build your Cruiser within our original production timeline. Therefore, we're having to update our delivery estimate from the end of October, now to the end of December.
Secondly, we know this likely comes as a disappointment. So in the meantime, to keep you engaged, informed and excited about your new purchase, we'll be creating a series of weekly videos called "Elite Fridays".
Every week on Friday, we'll be sending you a new video highlighting the features, components, riding experiences and more of each of our Elite Mid-Drive models.
Rest assured, all of us here at SONDORS have been working day and night to bring you the best electric transportation at the best prices possible, and to build and deliver your SONDORS Cruiser as quickly and seamlessly as possible.
We don’t mind rolling up our sleeves and putting in the extra time and work, because life is truly a ride, and we’re committed to ensuring that you love yours!
While the journey of getting your SONDORS Cruiser to you may be slower than any of us would like, we also know that some things are well worth the wait—like being the first, and your SONDORS Cruiser!
Thank you for being the best part of SONDORS!"

It may be worth it to wait.

Yes but this isn't unique to Sondors....the waiting game, the demand for Ebikes has never been greater, as more people get them, they talk about how great they are to their friends,co-workers and family it's snowballing the total demand.
For example, I have had mine for a year and I keep telling my co-worker about my ebike and now he wants to buy one for his girlfriend so she can keep up with his MTB riding.

my Rize RX has a Bafang m620, it cost $2599 shipped and it has the stock controller so its not limited to 750w like the Sonders, this could be a + or - i reckon.

Hello guys;
Any feedback on LX component? I am thinking about placing January Order; is this good value for the money?

What components are below par? What component can I upgrade in future for better riding experience?
This is what I got from Sondors yesterday

BATTERY SONDORS 48V21AH,LG 3500 cell ,CAN protocol
MOTOR system Tuned for SONDORS M620 ,48V750W mid motor,built-in controller,CAN protocol
DISPLAY SONDORS KD986 Color LCD,with USB clamp,
CAN CHARGER 48V3A GEARSENSOR 5V,300MM,
CAN FRAME SONDORS - AF2780-4.9,26*4.9
FORK SONDORS Air shock fork,
26″ REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano ARDM310DL,RD-M310,ALTUS SHIFTERS Shimano SL-RS35-7R,
TOURNEY 7-SPEED FREE WHEEL Shimano CASSETTE SPROCKET, CS-HG200 7-SPEED 12/32T
FRONT BRAKE including brake cable,brake lever Tektro Auriga,E-SUB(HD-E520), 180mm disc ,black ,hydraulic disc brake,oil cable length:900mm REAR BRAKE including brake cable,brake lever Tektro Auriga,E-SUB(HD-E520), 180mm disc, black ,hydraulic disc brake,oil cable length:1700mm
PEDALS Wellgo B087 9/16 CR-MO , aluminum ,
black BS FRONT RIM PM-80*26*13G*36H REAR RIM PM-80*26*12G*36H
OUTER TIRE Chaoyang - H-5176,26*4.9,black,
MAX INNER TUBE 26*4.9,A/V SPOKES 13G&12G ,14MM NIPPLE,BLACK HANDLEBAR Promax HB-3188-W640,
8° STEM Promax MA-410,alloy GRIP Velo XH-G79BL(G09836),black,L: 130MM R :90MM
HEADSET Neco H383 AEM SEATPOST KSP625 with suspension ,30.9*2.6T*350mm,alloy
SEATPOST CLAMP Promax 319QA,¢36.4 ALLOY SADDLE SR LIFT-1404D,
BLACK 7823 CHAIN KMC #X8,EPT,1/2*3/32*126L/grey,7sp FRONT HUB 203DSE,M9*135*13G*36H REAR HUB M10*14*13G*36H*175W*225L*36A
THROTTLE FT-130X,300MM REAR LIGHT connect to battery,LED,12V Rim tape black,for inner tube
rear kickstand CL-TA42,alloy Spoke reflector 722SS C reflector 122C,Front reflector 122R,Rear

Back