SONDORS is releasing it's first mid-drive EBikes.

I just asked about my LX. Seems they bumped me up a week. Originally I was slated for the week of 2/15-19th. Now they say 2/8-15th. Not sure how legit that is but I'll take it.

I'm seriously thinking about buying a second Elite ebike, the Cruiser once they start coming in and start to get good reviews I still don't see very much out there that can compare.

Nice, but this my next bike from Sondors... the Metacycle! ;)

1612491691770.png

Thanks for the link. Enjoyed watching it although now I'm not too happy about this seat height as mentioned in the video. Sondors said minimum height was 33" and that was going to be pushing it for me. I'm 5'7". Inseam right around 30" maybe 31" with sneakers. 37" seat height (claimed in video) is a real stretch for me. I know it's a step through but I like being able to sit while stopped and I had plans to install a Mac-ride child seat which will effectively act as a standard top tube, no longer a step through.

Thanks for the link. Enjoyed watching it although now I'm not too happy about this seat height as mentioned in the video. Sondors said minimum height was 33" and that was going to be pushing it for me. I'm 5'7". Inseam right around 30" maybe 31" with sneakers. 37" seat height (claimed in video) is a real stretch for me. I know it's a step through but I like being able to sit while stopped and I had plans to install a Mac-ride child seat which will effectively act as a standard top tube, no longer a step through.
Have you considered a dropper post... an easy fix for those that want a low seat height when stopped and a proper height when riding.

BTW, most people do not realize that bike sizes are designed for the correct saddle to pedal distance, not the saddle to ground distance. ;)

Have you considered a dropper post... an easy fix for those that want a low seat height when stopped and a proper height when riding.

BTW, most people do not realize that bike sizes are designed for the correct saddle to pedal distance, not the saddle to ground distance. ;)
I mean I'll probably be considering a whole bunch of things when I sit on it for the first time. I won't be ruling anything out at this point (including dropping to 24" wheels if need be). I understand saddle to ground is not the correct priority for bike manufacturers or hardcore cyclists. I am neither of those things. I just want to be comfortable and not feel like I'm going to fall over when I come to a stop with my 2 year old on the bike with me.

I mean absolute worst case scenario, nothing makes it fit right and I have to sell it. I'm sure there will be plenty of buyers not willing to wait for their June ship date 😉

I mean I'll probably be considering a whole bunch of things when I sit on it for the first time. I won't be ruling anything out at this point (including dropping to 24" wheels if need be).
I understand saddle to ground is not the correct priority for bike manufacturers or hardcore cyclists. I am neither of those things.
I just want to be comfortable and not feel like I'm going to fall over when I come to a stop with my 2 year old on the bike with me.

I mean absolute worst case scenario, nothing makes it fit right and I have to sell it. I'm sure there will be plenty of buyers not willing to wait for their June ship date 😉
I'm sure you can get the bike to fit your specific needs. ;)
Dropping the wheel size to 24" is not recommended... you will lower the bottom bracket height and may have pedal strikes.
Try the dropper seat post first. BTW, I remember carting my kids around on a rear rack-mounted seat... it was super sketchy. :eek:

1612494837252.png

I'm sure you can get the bike to fit your specific needs. ;)
Dropping the wheel size to 24" is not recommended... you will lower the bottom bracket height and may have pedal strikes.
Try the dropper seat post first. BTW, I remember carting my kids around on a rear rack-mounted seat... it was super sketchy. :eek:

View attachment 78290
Yeah that's why I chose Mac-ride. Mounts to seat post and stem. Child sits in front and holds on to handlebars.
1612496328116.png

1612496566425.png

I believe that it's a button that you push.
Interesting, we know that the Ultra is capable of much more and that Sondors programing has capped it, I am wondering if this will allow a temporary amp spike in the controller, hit the button and you jump from 25 amps to 35 amps for 30 seconds, like the nitro for a car. If they do that, it would be kind of cool for that big hill you need that extra power for, or for just passing.
We already know from WW X1 version that the ultra can run no problem at 1600W, a little turbo spike won't bother it all.
And it's a way around the "750W" law; yes it runs at 750W nominal "from a certain point of view" ;)

Last edited:
Apparently it isn't a thing after all, I asked Sondors directly about the Rockstar, here is their response.....

"There is no Turbo feature it is just a much more powerful mid drive motor (Almost double the torque of the Fold XS)"

This makes me think that Storm was basically referring to the throttle on this Ebike when in the highest PAS level, the throttle is like a turbo from his perspective on this Ebike.
Which is interesting because his other Ebikes have throttles as well, and Sondors has confirmed to me they are all tuned exactly the same as well.

Last edited:
Back