Small Trunk Bag Recommendation

devgolfs

Region
USA
City
Manchester, NH
I’m looking for any recommendations on a small form trunk bag to put on the Vado 4.0 EQ Racktime rack. I don’t need panniers…that would be overkill for me. I just want something small to throw a couple items in (hand pump, tool, tube, money, small lock).

I liked the Racktime Yoshi but apparently this was either exceptionally popular or not produced much, as no one has them, and they aren’t available anytime soon.

Any other ideas out there? I’m leery of the random no-name stuff from Amazon, and most look to be too big.

I have a Givi 4L Metro roll bag that I purchased on clearance at a local motorcycle shop. I can use it in a pinch for small items/clothing/snacks although it doesn’t have a convenient top opening like most conventional trunk bags do. It has a separate compartment for your kit at the other end of the bag and gets attached to my Arkel rack with the aid of a couple of shock cords.

https://twistedthrottle.com/shop/luggage/tail-bags/givi-metro-t-fork-rollbag-4ltr/

IMG_20201005_1718212.jpgIMG_20201005_1718457.jpgIMG_20200729_1455060.jpg

I’m looking for any recommendations on a small form trunk bag to put on the Vado 4.0 EQ Racktime rack.
Actually I’m underwhelmed with the rack on my SL 5 EQ and racktime’s selection of bags. Also looking for a solution but leaning towards a simple bracket on top to hang an Ortlieb saddle bag from. I don’t like saddlebags either and panniers are overkill.

I picked up a pair of these. Very sturdy and light, fold flat when not in use and a bungee with a hook to keep it in place. carry-all-bag
I use Racktime Talis for my Vado 5. Easy on and off.
Also they can be stacked.

Attachments

• 36C4EA72-241A-43B4-A154-44CEE932FDE2.jpeg
    36C4EA72-241A-43B4-A154-44CEE932FDE2.jpeg
    482.7 KB · Views: 329
  • E4E09277-5220-4824-8656-28CFC488E8FF.jpeg
    E4E09277-5220-4824-8656-28CFC488E8FF.jpeg
    814.9 KB · Views: 314
  • AB5041DB-C738-4D58-AC28-F857530D1177.jpeg
    AB5041DB-C738-4D58-AC28-F857530D1177.jpeg
    741.6 KB · Views: 326
  • 3B218155-17D1-4696-9F0F-CF999EE9B4A0.jpeg
    3B218155-17D1-4696-9F0F-CF999EE9B4A0.jpeg
    465.3 KB · Views: 465
Last edited:
That’s my problem as well
The problem is that you can't teach an old guy new tricks. I've tried another method and I really don't want to land on my butt or hip or anything other than the saddle!

The problem is that you can't teach an old guy new tricks. I've tried another method and I really don't want to land on my butt or hip or anything other than the saddle!
@Stefan Mikes demonstrated something impossible. Maybe he had learned it in a summer flying trapeze artist camp, but it’s not physically possible nor very becoming for me to attempt.

I’m actively looking at a way to side mount a smaller bag. Panniers too big and become unorganized for my purposes.

@Stefan Mikes demonstrated something impossible. Maybe he had learned it in a summer flying trapeze artist camp, but it’s not physically possible nor very becoming for me to attempt.

I’m actively looking at a way to side mount a smaller bag. Panniers too big and become unorganized for my purposes.
I went with the Ortlieb front rollup mounted on the back. It does contain two interior pockets (one with zipper) inside the larger bag. There might be a tendency to disorganization. It goes on/off really easily.

It is pictured in my avatar picture.
PXL_20210715_212822387.jpg

PXL_20210311_231708225.jpg

... just want something small to throw a couple items in (hand pump, tool, tube, money, small lock).

For just those essential few items, I used the small soft box that came with the Como's accessories and manual. Atop a vintage Schwinn rack, the box/bag fits nicely holding tire repair equip., pair of gloves and wallet, phone etc ... . I used a fastener (bolt) thru the bag to secure to the rack.

Original tail light was moved to back of rack (not shown in pics) There's an extra bright snow plow lite-flasher added for safety on road and it is powered with a simple 9V in the bag, lasting a few months before fading.

. .

Attachments

• MINNW WS.jpg
    MINNW WS.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 187
I’m looking for any recommendations on a small form trunk bag to put on the Vado 4.0 EQ Racktime rack. I don’t need panniers…that would be overkill for me. I just want something small to throw a couple items in (hand pump, tool, tube, money, small lock).

I liked the Racktime Yoshi but apparently this was either exceptionally popular or not produced much, as no one has them, and they aren’t available anytime soon.

Any other ideas out there? I’m leery of the random no-name stuff from Amazon, and most look to be too big.
Very happy with my Topeak bag. You can also buy the rack adapter.

I have been looking at this and trying to try them. Amazon does not have.
did you purchase direct?
I’ve had them for quite a while. Last summer I got one for my Allant and January of this year for wifey’s Allant. Got them both at Amazon.

Back