Show us pictures of where you ride your ebikes!

r. Great ride and post as eveHow many of those 104 miles were ridden without any electrical assist? I know your battery is not big enough to last for that distance. You keep posting these epic rides through stunning countryside with glorious weather. Whatever happened to the "gloom in the glomen"? Nice to see climate change benefiting someone somewhere. Your rides are a perfect chamber of commerce advert.
Thanks Alaskan, its great to see you are back to your best again :) I would guess about 45 miles without assist, hard to tell though due to all the ups and downs! Looks can be deceiving of course, I still had my winter gear on and was very glad I did ;) It was very pleasant when the sun broke through and very cold when the clouds covered it up!

I woke to sunshine and light winds so I made the most of it and had a truly epic trip today :D 104 miles with almost 7000ft of climbing and I didn't even need to clean the bike, this can't be Scotland :pAll the way to Moscow today (photographic evidence included :p) The Scottish Moscow is a little smaller than its Russian counterpart, blink and you will miss it :p My total for 2019 is now 959 miles, I would never have thought I would have covered this distance so early in the year but I'm not complaining ;) I don't think I will have any trouble sleeping tonight...
Looks absolutely amazing!
A copy of that sign at Moscow (.. drive carefully) should be presented to the Russian namesake. I have seen a few dashcam compilations from Russiao_O

Looks absolutely amazing!
A copy of that sign at Moscow (.. drive carefully) should be presented to the Russian namesake. I have seen a few dashcam compilations from Russiao_O
So true, they are crazy there! Thankfully the drivers were good to me today, except for a crazy farmer in a huge tractor...

Hang my bike from the Park Tool stand the same way although the purist say it should be hung from the saddle post.
I can't think of a compelling reason to use the seatpost. And the instructions say you can do it either way, so this seems convenient to me.

At Mazama Airstrip:

IMG_9004.JPG

At the Silver Star Gate, Highway 20, WA:

IMG_9007.JPG

When do you think the narrow window will be when we can bike across Highway 20 but cars won't be on it yet? I have been hearing great things about that. Thinking about starting in Marblemount, spending the night in Winthrop and heading back across the next day.

That, of course, totally depends on the year and how the plowing schedule goes.

They tend to like to open the highway on a Friday. My guess right now based on observations of the snowpack is that we are on track for an opening around the third week of April, so if any window opens up where they aren't actively plowing but the road is passable to bikes will likely be around mid-April.

A lot of times when those openings happen you will have several miles, and sometimes several dozen miles, of one-lane road. Makes it sporty when you meet heavy equipment.

Marblemount-Winthrop is 88 miles and about 7500 feet of elevation gain. You'll need more than two batteries and possibly as many as four.

Check the avalanche forecast before you go. Safest conditions are cooler and cloudier weather after a few warm sunny days.

Last edited:
A glorious Sunday for a change and not an opportunity to be missed for a cycle ride with my other half. Our destination was the Hölzersee, a place I rode alone to a short while back although in the space of such a short time it was surprising to see just how much the countryside had sprung into life. My wife likes the Hölzersee, especially when the hut serving as a cafe is open as it is one of the few places that she is aware of that sells Irish beer - her favourite tipple. Me - can't stand beer of any description although in my youth used to throw it down my throat as though it was going out of fashion. No, for me a nice mug/glass of tea does just fine thank you very much. Attached a picture of the sea, a pesky Duck who fancied a nibble of my sandwich little knowing it contained roast Duck ;), a cemetery that we passed by where a couple of old friends are laid to rest and.............

20190331_124902.jpg20190331_125308.jpg20190331_125346.jpg20190331_143306.jpg20190331_143958.jpg20190331_153431.jpg

Paso Robles, California. 78F about 10 degrees warmer than the coast. This is the Central Valley region where the film
Sideways was shoot.
I live in Santa Maria. Not many bike trails down here. Looks very nice up in Paso. Will be up there 6 April for a wine release party.

Today up the Sinlahekin Valley in northern Okanogan County, WA. Had a pickanic in the piney woods too. My faithful dog is now recharging. It's good to make her tired. It took 13 miles to do it today.

Attachments

• DSC00729.JPG
    DSC00729.JPG
    7.9 MB · Views: 436
  • DSC00730.JPG
    DSC00730.JPG
    7.9 MB · Views: 440
  • DSC00734.JPG
    DSC00734.JPG
    7.8 MB · Views: 461
Back