Show us pictures of where you ride your ebikes!

Today up the Sinlahekin Valley in northern Okanogan County, WA. Had a pickanic in the piney woods too. My faithful dog is now recharging. It's good to make her tired. It took 13 miles to do it today.

So is the road between Conconully and Loomis passable?

A glorious Sunday for a change and not an opportunity to be missed for a cycle ride with my other half. Our destination was the Hölzersee, a place I rode alone to a short while back although in the space of such a short time it was surprising to see just how much the countryside had sprung into life. My wife likes the Hölzersee, especially when the hut serving as a cafe is open as it is one of the few places that she is aware of that sells Irish beer - her favourite tipple. Me - can't stand beer of any description although in my youth used to throw it down my throat as though it was going out of fashion. No, for me a nice mug/glass of tea does just fine thank you very much. Attached a picture of the sea, a pesky Duck who fancied a nibble of my sandwich little knowing it contained roast Duck ;), a cemetery that we passed by where a couple of old friends are laid to rest and.............

View attachment 31702View attachment 31703View attachment 31704View attachment 31705View attachment 31706View attachment 31707

1554253228735.png

So is the road between Conconully and Loomis passable?

I'd guess that it is. I haven't been on the Fish Lake to Conconully part this year but Fish Lake and others are almost melted out and from there to Loomis is dusty this week. I've been driving up the Pine Cr. road to get there but drove out through Loomis today.

Nothing gorgeously Scenic, but it’s the Pacific Electric Bike trail in Southern California. Several miles of a bike freeway, that’s lighted and has signaled crossings. It’s fun to ride on weekends when lots of people are out. This is the Upland portion

Attachments

• 1DDF8439-FD77-49FA-8D2D-08A7DA3CF190.jpeg
    1DDF8439-FD77-49FA-8D2D-08A7DA3CF190.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 415
Nothing gorgeously Scenic, but it’s the Pacific Electric Bike trail in Southern California. Several miles of a bike freeway, that’s lighted and has signaled crossings. It’s fun to ride on weekends when lots of people are out. This is the Upland portion
That's very cool looking, and a great idea!

Could you please tell me where this Pacific Electric Bike trail is. Would like to plan a trip down there knowing there is a great place to take the bikes out and get some good exercise. We do not really have anything like that up here in Santa Maria.

looks great bike route ....need some of them over here :D:D

I had the pleasure of meeting and riding with Chris @gadgetnut on Friday. We rode the Centennial Trail in Snohomish County, Washington, a delight rails to trails. Chris took this photo on the bridge across the Stilliguamish River just coming into Arlington.

View attachment 31613

Yes, definitely a great ride with @Alaskan last week! My first experience on the Centennial Trail and my longest ride, about 29 miles, on my new bike! I truly enjoyed your company, Richard, thank you for everything. You also gave me some great tips on safer road crossings, foot/pedal placement options and pushing with the heel, etc.

Isn’t it funny how physical experiences can bring back forgotten memories? I love your take off technique! It’s effortless and elegant and I can’t do it, but it reminds me of childhood. Here it is: you put all your weight on your left foot on the left pedal at 9:00 o’clock, your legs are pretty straight and your right leg is crossed a bit in (edited) back of your left, then as you start to roll, keep balancing everything on the left side and cross your right foot over and start pedaling away.

Ha-ha, I’m inspired. I will keep practicing. Thanks again! Cheers!

Last edited:
Back