Show us pictures of where you ride your ebikes!

Getting our first whiff of smoke from wildfires, but it does make for pretty sunsets.

Spent an hour poking around the Everett waterfront waiting for my kid's practice to wrap up last night.

View of the Naval station from the Rucker mansion
PXL_20230704_033522398~2.jpg

PXL_20230704_033525488.jpg

A working boat and NOAA research boat
PXL_20230704_031411857~2.jpg

A lot of open spots on the public docks
PXL_20230704_025051855~2.jpg

It was another glorious morning for a ride in the countryside. The canola fields are nearing their peak flowering stage and the blooms should continue to be visible for another 2-3 weeks.

View attachment 157499
View attachment 157500
Wow, that yellow! Reminds me of the spring superbloom in coastal San Diego County this year. At one point, yellow wildflowers seemed poised to take over the Earth.

20230424_141101.jpg

20230424_155415.jpg

First came the crown daisies.

20230502_171324.jpg

20230502_152404.jpg

Then the shortpod mustard.

Made me wonder if the yellow itself had something to do with their stunning success?

Please thank your farmers for harnessing yellow flower-power to support my french fry habit.

Wow, that yellow! Reminds me of the spring superbloom in coastal San Diego County this year.
The crops are even more dramatic against the green fields and trees surrounding them along with a backdrop of a cloud free blue sky.

PXL_20230705_170528334.jpg

Please thank your farmers for harnessing yellow flower-power to support my french fry habit.
Now that you mention it, I may have to pop out to Mickey Dees for a late-night snack. For some reason, the flavor profile of their fries is burned into my cerebellum. 😋

The crops are even more dramatic against the green fields and trees surrounding them along with a backdrop of a cloud free blue sky.

View attachment 157576

Now that you mention it, I may have to pop out to Mickey Dees for a late-night snack. For some reason, the flavor profile of their fries is burned into my cerebellum. 😋
Yellow and blue is hard to beat.

I used to worry about robots taking over the planet. Starting to think that yellow flowers could beat them to it.

Yellow and blue is hard to beat.

I used to worry about robots taking over the planet. Starting to think that yellow flowers could beat them to it.
Yellow breeds happiness and blue represents peace and tranquility. Together they yield green which symbolizes growth, new life and nature. That’s another way of looking at it, I guess.

I really enjoy how we all are able to share images here including your breathtaking vistas of the CA coast. We all reside in our little corner of the world that may comprise something special and valuable to us and acquiring just a glimpse of such gems that others have to offer in this vast world that they can call home is truly a wonderful experience. 🙂

I really enjoy how we all are able to share images here including your breathtaking vistas of the CA coast. We all reside in our little corner of the world that may comprise something special and valuable to us and acquiring just a glimpse of such gems that others have to offer in this vast world that they can call home is truly a wonderful experience. 🙂
Couldn't agree more. This thread and 2023 Our rides in words, photos, maps, and videos are my 2 favorites on EBR.

At typical bike speeds, the sights, sounds, and smells you pass have time to sink in. And you have time to reflect on them. These 2 topics really benefit from that heightened perception. Thanks to everyone who contributes with posts big and small.

At typical bike speeds, the sights, sounds, and smells you pass have time to sink in. And you have time to reflect on them.
Smell is another vital sense that I failed to mention when I’m out riding. There’s nothing quite like the heady aromas experienced during biking that make you feel alive. It could be as brief as the floral fragrance of a single lilac bush, the vague, fleeting remnants of distant wildfires during an evening ride, a freshly mowed lawn, the smell of pine needles along a trail after a rainfall, and who could forget the tantalizing odor of fried food or outdoor BBQ.

Some smells that I could probably do without would be ones such as whenever fresh manure is spread on surrounding farmland, cigarette smoke, diesel fumes, and strong cologne/perfume.

Yesterday, Kathy and I decided to pedal for our dinners. With the marine layer far offshore and the sun out for a change, dinner at the beach sounded right. So off to one of our favorite restaurants in all of San Diego County — the concession stand at Moonlight State Beach in Encinitas. Yes, concession stand.

20230628_095811.jpg

Understand, this is no ordinary concession stand. It's run by 2 well-known chefs who specialize in unusual venues with fresh, tasty, creative food at reasonable prices. They call this one Beach Wolf.

The tacos are the stars of the menu, and I'd put theirs up against anyone's anywhere. Sorry, once the food comes, it never lasts long enough to get a photo.

20230408_155126.jpg

Then there's the setting — literally right on the beach. Concession stand roof at lower right.

Of course, there are other beachside restaurants like Poseidon in Del Mar, but you'll pay at least 5 times more, it'll take 4 times longer, and the food will only be fancier, not fresher or tastier.

20230707_175352.jpg

After dinner, spent some time taking in the scene. Compared to Atlantic beaches, the water's never really warm here. But it's getting less cold, and we saw many people going in without wetsuits.

20230421_133911.jpg

Moonlight's a particularly happy beach. Can't say why it feels that way, but Kathy senses it, too.

20230707_181911.jpg

Just one problem with Moonlight: It's only 2 blocks from the most dangerous place in North County — the Cali Cream ice cream shop and bakery. Being prime peach ice cream season, we had no choice but to stop.

Ride by Cali Cream all the time. Ice cream would never make it home by bike without melting, even in the winter, but a pastry box of apricot squares and lime mini-cheesecakes fits perfectly in my front rack. Not a WORD to my dentist.

Screenshot_20230708_160223_Ride with GPS.jpg

The ride was only 11 miles round trip, but Kathy's Pilates instructor had decided to work on quads that morning. PAS to the rescue!

Last edited:
Say what you will, but it's hard to beat living in SoCal. I'm never leaving. My beach haunt is a bit more north in Ventura, Ca. I like simple food venues over the stuffy, hoidy toidy type establishments too.

Yellow breeds happiness and blue represents peace and tranquility. Together they yield green which symbolizes growth, new life and nature. That’s another way of looking at it, I guess.

Ornamental onion and lavender from the bike view and from the drone........
IMG_7489.jpeg

Screen Shot 2022-07-18 at 3.22.25 PM.jpeg

It’s been hotter than usual these past few days and even morning rides have become rather trying to say the least. It was already 23C when we started out and sleeveless jerseys have become the go to piece of apparel for my better half.

GH012136 - frame at 0m28s.jpg

GH012135 - frame at 0m36s.jpg

A friendly acknowledgement from the only other cyclist that we came across today.

GH012134 - frame at 0m8s.jpg

Last edited:
Back