Show us pictures of where you ride your ebikes!

Yesterday and today were shorter rides. Weather was excellent, just no time for a longer adventure.
I did 22km yesterday and 30km today, so a little over 50 this weekend is OK for me under the circumstances.
Also, I'm very happy with the new battery. Last week started at 99%. That was a 40km ride. Add that to yesterday and today and I've gone 92km with 37% left.
Most batteries I believe lose power rapidly at 20% and under, so to me getting tantamount to 100km out of a charge is stellar.
Stopped at a local park and watched the opening inning of a beer league slow pitch game. Looked like fun but the batting was a crap ton better than the fielding.

The Greenway was open and inviting. I ended up getting to be the 8th fastest on the segment to Tynehead Park on Strava...

Water break...

Heading home...

Time for a beer...

IMG_7499.jpeg
I think I ran into your nemesis yesterday.............

In Erie PA at Presque Isle today. Quite beautiful as always and 12 miles of fun.

Attachments

• IMG_2054.png
    IMG_2054.png
    938.3 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_2048.jpeg
    IMG_2048.jpeg
    808.2 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_2047.jpeg
    IMG_2047.jpeg
    740.5 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_2046.jpeg
    IMG_2046.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_2045.jpeg
    IMG_2045.jpeg
    548 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_2044.jpeg
    IMG_2044.jpeg
    555.1 KB · Views: 74
Mowed the lawn, then grocery shopping, then off for a ride around 12:30pm today on the Delta flats...

This large ship is used for pile driving along the river...

Lookout at Deas Island park...

Potato?

Along the Millennium Trail...

Flora...

Corn... ucopia?

Machines...

This looks like a stripped fire engine being used as an occasional bandstand...

Practicing packing parachutes...

Much needed water break...

40 kms at 25C, and guess what time it is?

It’s been a dreadful week with smoke permeating the air pretty much 24/7. Mornings aren’t so bad but the rest of the day is shot to Hell.

I wonder sometimes what police are up to when they randomly park along the side of a relatively deserted country roadside. I have seen drivers speed down this stretch from time to time but I think the cops would have better luck ticketing offenders on a busier thoroughfare. The other roadie heading in the opposite direction might have been thinking the same. I’m sure he had a good reason for stopping. 🍩 ;)

GH012145 - frame at 0m29s.jpg

Shortly before I turned onto this road, I was passed by a younger couple on their e-bikes and we said our good mornings to each other before they sped off ahead. So that’s what that feels like.

Went to a ghost town. Centralia,PA where an underground coal fire has been burning since May 27,1962. The fire cannot be put out and the town was taken by eminent domain. Only 5 residents still live there. A very strange place indeed, and listed as one of the most haunted in the USA. The old streets are still there, but the houses are gone. Notice the smoke in one of the photos hovering over one of the roads.

Attachments

• IMG_2064.jpeg
    IMG_2064.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_2074.jpeg
    IMG_2074.jpeg
    611.6 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_2079.png
    IMG_2079.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2072.jpeg
    IMG_2072.jpeg
    506.5 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_2070.jpeg
    IMG_2070.jpeg
    571.5 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_2068.jpeg
    IMG_2068.jpeg
    798.6 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_2085.png
    IMG_2085.png
    658.8 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2071.jpeg
    IMG_2071.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 79
Went to a ghost town. Centralia,PA where an underground coal fire has been burning since May 27,1962. The fire cannot be put out and the town was taken by eminent domain. Only 5 residents still live there. A very strange place indeed, and listed as one of the most haunted in the USA. The old streets are still there, but the houses are gone. Notice the smoke in one of the photos hovering over one of the roads.
I have only driven thru Centralia, but years past it was a big bike ride destination. @J.R. and @6zfshdb were there way back when.

It’s been a dreadful week with smoke permeating the air pretty much 24/7. Mornings aren’t so bad but the rest of the day is shot to Hell.

I wonder sometimes what police are up to when they randomly park along the side of a relatively deserted country roadside. I have seen drivers speed down this stretch from time to time but I think the cops would have better luck ticketing offenders on a busier thoroughfare. The other roadie heading in the opposite direction might have been thinking the same. I’m sure he had a good reason for stopping. 🍩 ;)

View attachment 158299

Shortly before I turned onto this road, I was passed by a younger couple on their e-bikes and we said our good mornings to each other before they sped off ahead. So that’s what that feels like.
Bummer about the smoke. I can't believe how lucky we've been here.
Regarding the ebikers, I blew past a couple of them today, just for fun... :)

Bummer about the smoke. I can't believe how lucky we've been here.
Regarding the ebikers, I blew past a couple of them today, just for fun... :)
I’ve seen what the conditions are like in northern AB and BC and it’s not pretty so, yeah, I think we are fairing relatively better here.

As for being passed by the e-bikers, I didn’t feel bad considering that we were on analog bikes. Boy, they sure had huge grins on their faces though. 😁 I’m not sure if I would have reacted the same had I been riding the Creo.

Good to know that you had a clean ride. 👍

Last edited:
Back