Show us pictures of where you ride your ebikes!

It’s been a dreadful week with smoke permeating the air pretty much 24/7. Mornings aren’t so bad but the rest of the day is shot to Hell.
This screenshot I took during a bit on the morning news pretty much says it all:

IMG_003726.jpg

If you do the math, .01% of the total land area of Canada is on fire! That's already double the acreage burned in an average year and they are on track to exceed it by a factor of three!

I had planned a ride today here in Northeast PA. but local health officials advise against it. I'll wait until Wednesday and try again.

That would be a first for me though I’ve heard of cyclists being fined for speeding in high foot traffic areas such as parks in other major urban centers. This Torontonian was stopped for going 26 kph in a 20.

1689608318150.png

Last edited:
This screenshot I took during a bit on the morning news pretty much says it all:

View attachment 158323

If you do the math, .01% of the total land area of Canada is on fire! That's already double the acreage burned in an average year and they are on track to exceed it by a factor of three!

I had planned a ride today here in Northeast PA. but local health officials advise against it. I'll wait until Wednesday and try again.
Sad isn’t it and to think that we potentially still have several months of this to endure. Our AQHI rating is currently 3 on a scale of 10 but expected to be bumped up to 7 by the afternoon. Just enough of a window for morning rides until the winds shift.

Here's hoping that you have better luck midweek. 👍

View attachment 158323

According to the news this morning, we have no less than 375 simultaneous fires today in B.C. alone!
The most of any province currently. It's insane...

I went off roading at the end of my trip today.

20230718_135837.jpg

I hit a hidden stump or rock or something and fell over. 😂

20230718_134124.jpg

I rode through the overhanging branches, now my windshield is all scratched. 😂
That's OK. I don't need to see through it. I could have bought a black windshield.

20230718_133806.jpg
20230718_133817.jpg

20230718_132713.jpg

We are staying in Quinby, VA out on the Eastern Shore above Norfolk and below Ocean City, MD. Here is a shot of the Atlantic from my location. Beautiful location and a Thousand Trails location, so we can stay here for 21 days free!!

Attachments

• IMG_2109.jpeg
    IMG_2109.jpeg
    756.6 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_2110.jpeg
    IMG_2110.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 88
  • IMG_2105.png
    IMG_2105.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 79
Back