Show us pictures of where you ride your ebikes!

Cross winds will get ya ...

I didn't notice any difference in the crosswinds when I added the windshield.
The bike weighs 93 pounds with the tool kit. 😂
It takes a lot to blow it around.

The windshield has a pretty thin profile of less than 2 inches.

Last edited:
I sit up straight anyway, so it might actually help with my aerodynamics?
(That would be hard to try to measure though.)
I do notice less wind noise.

Well aerodynamic or not, i think they are cool. I don't ride hunched over either, so there's that.

Today's aimless 16-mile coast ride took me from North Ponto Beach in south Carlsbad to Swami's Beach in south Encinitas. A few highlights...

20230626_151142.jpg

South Ponto Beach looking NW from a bluff across the Coast Highway. Bataquitos Lagoon, the mouth of San Marcos Creek, is at bottom right.

20230626_152114.jpg

The bluff was also a great lagoon overlook.

20230626_152535.jpg

The rail causeway effectively divides Bataquitos into inner (right) and outer lagoons.

20230627_002934.jpg

Earlier, the kids belonging to this pile of fatties below the bluff passed me doing wheelies down busy La Costa Avenue, very litte pedaling involved. They clearly saw themselves as an ebiker gang.

20230626_152420.jpg

Meandering sand bars dominate the outer lagoon. The entire lagoon is a wildlife preserve — all of it closed to bikes, and much of it to foot traffic as well.

20230626_155149.jpg

All along the coast, surfers were enjoying this 11-second WSW swell, here seen from the H Street Overlook in Encinitas. The sea lavender's going nuts right now.

20230626_163149.jpg
20230626_163448.jpg

The elegant park above Swami's Beach — a world-famous point break accessible only via these stairs down the cliff.

20230626_162955.jpg

Just a few simple rules, eh?

20230626_162612.jpg

Brand-new and most welcome bike infrastructure running from south Encinitas almost to Solana Beach. The previous bike lane had no barrier, and pedestrians and runners often took it over. So far, so good.

Last edited:
Here is a funny one! We are in Romney, West Virginia and here is the name of a small island near the South Branch of the Potomac River.
Official name… Piss Pot Island!!

Attachments

• IMG_1825.jpeg
    IMG_1825.jpeg
    440.3 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1827.jpeg
    IMG_1827.jpeg
    996.8 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_1826.jpeg
    IMG_1826.jpeg
    770 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1830.png
    IMG_1830.png
    613.8 KB · Views: 78
Another rambling ride on Canada Day with little care as to destination.
Started on a familiar route to Mud Bay.
I haven't seen the Nemesis puddle this low in over 3 years...

10km to the parking lot and a short sit down for water with Nuun tabs...

Then decided to head East on Colebrook Road which lands you at a local driving range...

From there a path North to join King George Hwy...

But not a fan of joining traffic for a few km...

Headed West on 68th Ave to escape the cars and tripped over this park I'd never seen.
My sick mind decided that whomever named the park won something but got caught cheating...

Then stopped at Newton Athletic Park to watch a few minutes of footy and finish my water...

Not quite 30... Ah well, battery is charging so maybe another ride after grocery shopping...

Started on a familiar route to Mud Bay.
I haven't seen the Nemesis puddle this low in over 3 years...
That low water level speaks to just how dry it must be out there, Dave. Looks like there’s some high ground on the right side of the path for times when it does get nasty and deep just as long as the grass and weeds are cut down which I assume only gets done during rare occasions like this.

That low water level speaks to just how dry it must be out there, Dave. Looks like there’s some high ground on the right side of the path for times when it does get nasty and deep just as long as the grass and weeds are cut down which I assume only gets done during rare occasions like this.
We had a fairly wet spring for sure, and now some weeks of dry. I can't remember the last time I DIDN'T get my tires wet there!

It’s been a couple of days since my ride at Bragg Creek and I discovered that I re-aggravated a previous body injury which occurred when I crashed along the Moraine Lake Highline Trail almost a month ago. My ribs were still sore during my encounter with the rock gardens at Powderface and breathing somewhat labored but I did manage to get out for a 30 km evening ride tonight.

PXL_20230703_025804485.jpg

My wife picked up this rural casualty along the route that we cycle and couldn’t help but notice that the poor thing was barely clinging to life. I’m no expert but think that it might be a warbler. We do enjoy listening to the birds that frequent the area during our outings but I’m afraid this one had sung its last song. :(

PXL_20230703_030543144.jpg

The yellow blossoms of the canola fields are just beginning to come alive and should provide a cheerful backdrop for anyone fortunate enough to pass by them.

PXL_20230703_032224749.jpg

It’s been a couple of days since my ride at Bragg Creek and I discovered that I re-aggravated a previous body injury which occurred when I crashed along the Moraine Lake Highline Trail almost a month ago. My ribs were still sore during my encounter with the rock gardens at Powderface and breathing somewhat labored but I did manage to get out for a 30 km evening ride tonight.

View attachment 157271

My wife picked up this rural casualty along the route that we cycle and couldn’t help but notice that the poor thing was barely clinging to life. I’m no expert but think that it might be a warbler. We do enjoy listening to the birds that frequent the area during our outings but I’m afraid this one had sung its last song. :(

View attachment 157272
The yellow blossoms of the canola fields are just beginning to come alive and should provide a cheerful backdrop for anyone fortunate enough to pass by them.

View attachment 157273
Nice you got out, looks serene.
Sorry to see the warbler go down, but what can you do?
Hope you heal 100% soon!

Last edited:
Nice you got out, looks serene.
Sorry to the warbler go down, but what can you do?
Hope you heal 100% soon!
It was a relatively serene outing albeit a bit gusty. Actually, it’s been quite windy this week with sporadic showers though nothing like the tornado that touched down over the weekend near Didsbury about 80 km south of here. We were placed under an alert but it was lifted soon after it passed. The damage that it caused was extensive but thankfully no reported deaths or serious injuries.

As for the bird, my wife just wanted to find the little fella a more comfortable resting place nestled in the tall grass instead of on the side of the road. Never would see her doing that with a skunk or porcupine. ;) I’ll continue with the road rides but might stay off the trails until I feel better.

Back