REVIEW: QR-E 250W ELECTRIC BOOSTER BICYCLE MOTOR AND B60i AND B70 BATTERY

Latest updates on my order;
Jason from Qiroll gonna include additional S-2 button and cables. Looks like i'll have both S-1 and S-2 to play around on Qiroll QR-E PRO. Nice!
However my 2nd ebike build going to be late, some parts like custom cranks and special bottle cage to compliment the build almost arrive.

That's some daring lane splitting commuting. Where I live I'm pretty sure people would be shouting expletives at you, or worse.
Hopefully Kinhsang will post his experience if/how his tire tread pattern works with the Qiroll. At some point I might use mine on a bike with similar looking Schwalbe Billy Bonkers but I don't see it could work with the standard friction layer. The sanding belt has been great for me so far.

That's some daring lane splitting commuting. Where I live I'm pretty sure people would be shouting expletives at you, or worse.
Hopefully Kinhsang will post his experience if/how his tire tread pattern works with the Qiroll. At some point I might use mine on a bike with similar looking Schwalbe Billy Bonkers but I don't see it could work with the standard friction layer. The sanding belt has been great for me so far.

The locals get used seeing me on the road daily for years so its normal to share the road and slip through.
Yes, can't wait to see Kinhsang review on how it roll on knobby semi slick mtb tires but can be a struggle if the tires are made from hard rubber compound. Schwalbe mostly made to be grippy and sticky even on semi knobs.

I wonder if it makes motorists, watching you zip by as they are stuck in slow traffic, want to consider bike commuting. Your Qiroll Pro looks like it's made for commuting, lightweight and obviously durable given your extensive experience. Probably the main reason I chose the Mute version was the 24v battery which allows other non-proprietary options like those for 24v power tools, or using a step down regulator like I've tried. Pro model 33v battery would be harder to match. Still, looking back I would have chosen to buy the used Pro that had been listed on Ebay at the time.
I'm confused, since Qiroll supplied you with both S1 and S2 switches does that mean that your new Pro now has USB micro connectors? The Qiroll shop doesn't specify on the product page but they only sell one version replacement switch and don't specify which model it is compatible with - makes me think they use the same connection (USB micro?) on all of their motors now?

I wonder if it makes motorists, watching you zip by as they are stuck in slow traffic, want to consider bike commuting. Your Qiroll Pro looks like it's made for commuting, lightweight and obviously durable given your extensive experience. Probably the main reason I chose the Mute version was the 24v battery which allows other non-proprietary options like those for 24v power tools, or using a step down regulator like I've tried. Pro model 33v battery would be harder to match. Still, looking back I would have chosen to buy the used Pro that had been listed on Ebay at the time.
I'm confused, since Qiroll supplied you with both S1 and S2 switches does that mean that your new Pro now has USB micro connectors? The Qiroll shop doesn't specify on the product page but they only sell one version replacement switch and don't specify which model it is compatible with - makes me think they use the same connection (USB micro?) on all of their motors now?
Go QR-E Pro, you won't regret it. Its a whole new experience making commuting more sensible for me.
About S1 and S2, i can't comment much because its a compliment optional package from Jason from backend request rather than front end shop. I'll have to wait for the parcel to arrived to see how S2 switch works on Pro. However i haven't received any news about parcel tracking number since last week order. I felt their delivery process kinda slow compare to other e-bike vendor on aliexpress. Suppose to get their responses by today on my email. All my conversion parts for my bike such as crankset, cable management tools/accessories, bar tape and etc already arrived early ready for QR-E Pro installation. I hate to wait to be honest.

....hmmm. I got scammed?

Last edited:
2024_5_01_ac_01.jpg

Already dismantled the 750w mid drive, awaiting for QR-E Pro. Man its been days of waiting with no answer from Jason from Qiroll.

Hi.
Thank you for mentioning me. I used a self-retaining spring hinge to force the Qiroll motor into the wheel. I use abric tape as friction roller tap. It is ok.

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 28
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 25
Hi.
Thank you for mentioning me. I used a self-retaining spring hinge to force the Qiroll motor into the wheel. I use abric tape as friction roller tap. It is ok.
I'm not smart enough to figure out exactly what you did to make the spring compress the Qiroll against the tire. It looks like the spring hinge pushes the plastic conduit pipe against the roller thereby pushing the roller against the tire (and requiring the roller fixing screws be loosened to allow the roller to contact the tire)? If that is correct how does the plastic conduit stay in place and also rotate with the roller? Forgive me if I'm way off base but it looks like the Qiroll body is fixed to the bracket and the chainstays so the roller is the only thing that can be acted upon by the spring?

Is that a Tongsheng TSDZ2 mid drive installed on the white bike in the background of your picture?

Last edited:
Hi.
Hello:

Do I understand you use fabric tape instead of the friction roller tape that Qiroll sells? For me, the friction tape has always been the weak point of this system as it can degrade and come off after awhile and depending on how much your ride and over what kind of terrain, you may end up having to replace the tape every month or maybe even sooner.

I was always wondering about what a more suitable and maybe even stronger longer lasting replacement for the friction tape supplied by Qiroll would be. Can you tell me what Brand/model of fabric tape you use?
IMG_4674.JPG

Above is a pic of the old style Qiroll friction tape. As you can see the ends of the tape are cut straight across. This tended to eventuall peel off very quickly. Qiroll then changed the design to an angular/diagonal cut which seems to stay on the roller a bit longer. The old straight cut friction tape lasted me anywhere from 100-200 miles, the newer diagonal end cut tape lasts me up to 300+ miles.

Nevertheless, If you've found a suitable replacement for this tape, I'd love to see pics of how you cut it and what it looks like attached to your qiroll roller motor. And let us know how long (how many miles) your tape lasts and does it wear down your tire, provide sufficient grab against the tire.

Thanks again!

I couldn't quite figure out what kinhsang fabricated up but I like the idea of spring loading the Qiroll instead of fixed tension as stock. Gboost makes a friction drive with spring tension which you can see on their website. From what I can see on the product image the tension spring doesn't look very robust but apparently still gets the job done. Here's what I tried today on my Qiroll test bike which has a lot of room on the stays for installation.

IMG_20240519_141444369.jpg

IMG_20240519_141427920_HDR.jpg

I've only tested it a bit but it seems to work well without slippage. The spring hinge can be adjusted for more or less tension - I have it in the middle setting.

As an aside, has anyone else noticed that when the Qiroll is installed centered on the stays that the center of the roller isn't centered exactly on the tire? I had forgotten about this otherwise I would have drilled the holes in the hinge to compensate.

Last edited:
I couldn't quite figure out what kinhsang fabricated up but I like the idea of spring loading the Qiroll instead of fixed tension as stock. Gboost makes a friction drive with spring tension which you can see on their website. From what I can see on the product image the tension spring doesn't look very robust but apparently still gets the job done. Here's what I tried today on my Qiroll test bike which has a lot of room on the stays for installation.

View attachment 176148

View attachment 176149

I've only tested it a bit but it seems to work well without slippage. The spring hinge can be adjusted for more or less tension - I have it in the middle setting.

As an aside, has anyone else noticed that when the Qiroll is installed centered on the stays that the center of the roller isn't centered exactly on the tire? I had forgotten about this otherwise I would have drilled the holes in the hinge to compensate.
IMG_20240519_154928842_HDR.jpg
It also seems to work as well on the inside of the seat stays.

Hello:

I was always wondering about what a more suitable and maybe even stronger longer lasting replacement for the friction tape supplied by Qiroll would be. Can you tell me what Brand/model of fabric tape you use?
Above is a pic of the old style Qiroll friction tape. As you can see the ends of the tape are cut straight across. This tended to eventuall peel off very quickly. Qiroll then changed the design to an angular/diagonal cut which seems to stay on the roller a bit longer. The old straight cut friction tape lasted me anywhere from 100-200 miles, the newer diagonal end cut tape lasts me up to 300+ miles.

Nevertheless, If you've found a suitable replacement for this tape, I'd love to see pics of how you cut it and what it looks like attached to your qiroll roller motor. And let us know how long (how many miles) your tape lasts and does it wear down your tire, provide sufficient grab against the tire.

Thanks again!

IMG_20221102_173918.jpg

IMG_20221102_173933.jpg

As shown from previous page and discussion i use 3M industrial floor grip tape, have rough solid surface almost like sand paper but really grips and non-slip on roller. Feels faster, impossible to slip and really works in rainy condition. You can feel more torque and assisted power when climbing hills. After two years running it i never worn out my expensive tires and have 100% success rate keeping me riding for 3 months or daily fast ride or more before need to change. 100% strongly recommended to use industrial floor grip tape. Even aliexpress alternative e-bike roller kit uses rough sand paper like grip roller. This tape costs around $2 per-roll and it takes 3 minutes to change. 1x roll gonna lasts for years.

This 3M grip floor friction last me approximately between 2,520km ~ 3,257km (based on my watch GPS tracking) riding through dirty and rainy condition commuting everyday to work before i need to change Floor tape wins!.

*Important note: For 320W QR-E Pro owner if you need to use 3M floor grip tape you must adjust the clutch roller to press much harder on the tire else 320W power might slip and worn out the tape faster and slipping too much causing more gash on the tire. Don't let it slip, apply more pressure on the clutch adjustment. I always apply more turn on the clutch screw knob adjustment until the tire surface have full contact yet able to spin assisted.

Last edited:
Back