Reduce throttle start up.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 126
First thing I checked......it was scary
I may have to have the Geek Squad (Best Buy) to get a lap top check up.
Have you checked in device manager with the cable plugged in to the USB port to see if there is an unknown device or if there are driver updates?

The com port thing is right where I got my butt tied in a knot. From that point on, it's easy.
On my rig, you have to type in the com port, and it's picky about what case letter you use in the "COM", requiring that I use upper case, and there is no space between "COM" and the com port number. So in my case, depending on the USB port the cable is plugged in to, it will connect if I type in COM4, or possibly COM3. That's my laptop though. The bigger point is, on my laptop anyway, it goes out of it's way to mess with you in this regard. Proper context is important as is the space or no space between "com" and the com port number. You can't imagine the frustration it took for me to get though this total BS, but patience persisted, again....

I don't know if it's my laptop, the board that is on my adapter cable or perhaps both... But I had none of the issues people mention.
Plugged in the cable... Windows loaded the correct driver automatically
Opened the software - connected to my controller
Easy peasy Japanesey

That's good to know. I felt the same way... If I could just at by the COM1. I'd be good to go. I'll try that if it will let me type it in.
My bikes are in a detached shop/ garage with no wifi so I bring the bike into the house to do this where there is wi/ fi.
Thank you for helping.

Back