Reduce throttle start up.

Minor disagreement. In order to plug your new cable into the display cable, you'll need to disconnect the display..... ;)
Perhaps you should have read the comment prior to mine for a full understanding of my answer.
Unplugging a display is not removing anything and definitely not like removing the motor/controller... smh...

Perhaps you should have read the comment prior to mine for a full understanding of my answer.
Unplugging a display is not removing anything and definitely not like removing the motor/controller... smh...
Oh just relax. I was splitting hairs....

I think I would have opted for the £85 + shipping.
But that sure was some impressive problem solving applying the skills that you're familiar with.
I still haven't a clue what arduino is or why I should learn more about it... well other than for now knowing I could hack a display.

Last edited:
I think I would have opted for the £85 + shipping.
But that sure was some impressive problem solving applying the skills that you're familiar with.
I still haven't a clue what arduino is or why I should learn more about it... well other than for now knowing I could hack a display.

Arduino Google smart phone app.

I received my cable today.
Not going hook it up today.
Questions
Do I turn on battery before connecting cable then plug into PC.
Will my controller settings come up on the screen ?
Will there be prompts?
Thanks
Jon

I received my cable today.
Not going hook it up today.
Questions
Do I turn on battery before connecting cable then plug into PC.
Will my controller settings come up on the screen ?
Will there be prompts?
Thanks
Jon
Follow the instructions. It’s clearly outlined.

@looseheadset You're in business!

For some more information, Here's the settings I use... Be sure to read, understand and ask questions as these are very personal to my needs.
I updated them on Page 4/post 77
EDIT: and now also on Page 7 / Post 123
That said they are very tame and make the motor less powerful, safer and more efficient.

Then there's this specific setting... STOP DECAY
I have started experimenting with this a few months ago and it is a bit controversial as it goes against what most believe it's function to be.
That said I have found it to be one of the best adjustments available and it adds a level of smoothness and efficiency that is greatly appreciated.

Then there's also the Android app SPEED that allows you to make changes during a ride and if so desired, use your phone as a display. Excellent tool once you feel comfortable making changes to tweak things as you go. You'll need an OTG ADAPTER for your phone to use it with the cable you just received.

Lastly I found it helpful to trim the rubber off the end of the programming cable. It doesn't need to be water proof and trimming it makes it much easier to line up when plugging in.. and reduces strain on the wiring harness when you unplug it.

IMAG1274~2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks.I found the con fig tool.
Sorry
Jon

For some more information, Here's the settings I use... Be sure to read, understand and ask questions as these are very personal to my needs.
That said they are very tame and make the motor less powerful, safer and more efficient.

I have started experimenting with this a few months ago and it is a bit controversial as it goes against what most believe it's function to be.
That said I have found it to be one of the best adjustments available and it adds a level of smoothness and efficiency that is greatly appreciated.

Then there's also the Android app SPEED that allows you to make changes during a ride and if so desired, use your phone as a display. Excellent tool once you feel comfortable making changes to tweak things as you go. You'll need an OTG ADAPTER for your phone to use it with the cable you just received.

Lastly I found it helpful to trim the rubber off the end of the programming cable. It doesn't need to be water proof and trimming it makes it much easier to line up when plugging in.. and reduces strain on the wiring harness when you unplug it.

View attachment 98093
Thank you. I think we want the same comfort levels.
Looking forward to looking at your settings.

View attachment 98093
Do you live on flat land? I live in hilly area.That was my main reason for buying the kit. 15 years ago I didn't need pedal assist. I'm now 70.

Do you live on flat land? I live in hilly area.That was my main reason for buying the kit. 15 years ago I didn't need pedal assist. I'm now 70.
Yonkers is known as the "City of Seven Hills"
And the same with my reason for adding the motor. My knees want no part of any of the seven for a while now.

Back