Reduce throttle start up.

I don't know if it's my laptop, the board that is on my adapter cable or perhaps both... But I had none of the issues people mention.
Plugged in the cable... Windows loaded the correct driver automatically
Opened the software - connected to my controller
Easy peasy Japanesey
Easy Peasy.... Not me. When discussing computers, drivers etc. It never goes that easy.

The com port thing is right where I got my butt tied in a knot. From that point on, it's easy.
On my rig, you have to type in the com port, and it's picky about what case letter you use in the "COM", requiring that I use upper case, and there is no space between "COM" and the com port number. So in my case, depending on the USB port the cable is plugged in to, it will connect if I type in COM4, or possibly COM3. That's my laptop though. The bigger point is, on my laptop anyway, it goes out of it's way to mess with you in this regard. Proper context is important as is the space or no space between "com" and the com port number. You can't imagine the frustration it took for me to get though this total BS, but patience persisted, again....
Had Best Buy tune up lap top & update drivers.
Now I can click on connect and only com3 is available . but nothing happensI I can't click on read or write or the flash boxes. The info about motor/ controller does not come up on right side.

Attachments

• 20210911_191354_HDR.jpg
    20210911_191354_HDR.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 105
Had Best Buy tune up lap top & update drivers.
Now I can click on connect and only com3 is available . but nothing happensI I can't click on read or write or the flash boxes. The info about motor/ controller does not come up on right side.
Are you plugged in to the bike's display cable with the bike's battery connected and turned on?
Did you open the software after doing the above?

My battery is never turned off, not for any reason. I've always done my programming changes with it "on". Have to admit though, not sure it needs to be one way or the other to work here.

I'm not an IT person.
I would never learn it for work. I would never put myself through such torture.
I don't know If my numbers have been sent to my controller.
They assume people were born knowing EVERY step of this process.
I'm working on my bike in the house .
I hated the way my bike was programmed from the factory I didn't save the old data. I'll never go back.

Have only read to the middle of page four of this thread so far. Hoping to do programming of controler myself one day.

Boy the community of people on EBR and the help given are over the top.

I'll be starting out where you are or less....so you're the first person I'll hit up for info Looseheadset. (No slight intended.)

Now, how do I turn on a PC? :)

It does amaze me how much there is to learn in the tech world and people that have easy access to that by experience tend to not realize they have so much knowledge.

Yes the battery needs to be ON.
I've mentioned this several times in this thread... so just take a minute... slow down and review from the beginning and it should all make sense now that you got your hands dirty.

I'm still going with loose nut behind the keyboard as the problem here 🙃 🤣

My battery is never turned off, not for any reason. I've always done my programming changes with it "on". Have to admit though, not sure it needs to be one way or the other to work here.

My battery is never turned off, not for any reason. I've always done my programming changes with it "on". Have to admit though, not sure it needs to be one way or the other to work here

I'm not able to click on read, write,read flash or write flash which would send my data to my controller. Nothing appears under the ( controller info ) box lower right corner of page.
I'm stuck

There you go. Now YOU'RE the expert!

Thank you. I could not of done this with out the help of you all on this forum.
Even the simple software things don't compute in my head..I have no.logic when it comes to software or computers.

RIDE REPORT
Did a 20 mile ride today.
The ride was a big improvement
I spent most of the ride in PAS 6 & 4 And that gave me a good workout at 12MPH. Which I like.
When in PAS 4 I pushed the throttle lever it didn't rip the handlebars out of my hands. Same in PAS 6. It was much smoother. The only steep hill I went right up.No problem.
I just need to tweak PAS 7 & 8 for higher speed
I could easily leave the settings alone. It was an enjoyable ride.
Thanks to all .

RIDE REPORT
Did a 20 mile ride today.
The ride was a big improvement
I spent most of the ride in PAS 6 & 4 And that gave me a good workout at 12MPH. Which I like.
When in PAS 4 I pushed the throttle lever it didn't rip the handlebars out of my hands. Same in PAS 6. It was much smoother. The only steep hill I went right up.No problem.
I just need to tweak PAS 7 & 8 for higher speed
I could easily leave the settings alone. It was an enjoyable ride.
Thanks to all .
Glad you have some favorable results.
Typically on my rides the higher PAS are used with the higher gears, so that may be what you are experiencing.
That said... there are a lot of personal variables here so needing to tweak things is more than expected

Back