RadMini bike bag

Doug Edwards

Hello all. I've had my RadMini since Christmas, and I'm really loving it. Not loving that it doesn't have a cage for a water bottle though. Couple that with the need to carry stuff and I decided to get a bag for the rear rack. What I did not realize until after receiving a nice bag from Amazon was that most bags won't fit on the rear rack. The straps are just too short for the big beefy rack that comes with the RadMini. I went through every bag that I saw on Amazon, and while a few did look like they may work, those that may fit didn't have a water bottle holder. I opened up my search outside of Amazon, with the same result. Finally went to the largest bike shop in the Orlando area, and found a bag that worked. The KoKi Rover trunk. Really nice medium sized bag that fits the RadMini rack like a glove. Now, you may have to search a bit for it if you are interested in one, because they may have discontinued it, but if you find one it will make a nice addition to your RadMini.

You might want to look at a backbottle https://backbottle.com/. If you have a bike jersey, the jersey will have pockets in the back of them, this bottle is designed to slide in and out easily, but not fall out. Yah, the inventor is my nephew and I bought a few of them during his Kickstarter campaign. I also got a SuperBand from Bikase company during their Kickstarter that makes a bunch of innovative stuff for bikes. http://bikase.com/ I'm currently using the SuperBand I got to hold "fix it sticks" (another invention by my nephew). BTW, does anyone else find the tool bag provided by RadPower to be really cheap and useless?

Hello all. I've had my RadMini since Christmas, and I'm really loving it. Not loving that it doesn't have a cage for a water bottle though. Couple that with the need to carry stuff and I decided to get a bag for the rear rack. What I did not realize until after receiving a nice bag from Amazon was that most bags won't fit on the rear rack. The straps are just too short for the big beefy rack that comes with the RadMini. I went through every bag that I saw on Amazon, and while a few did look like they may work, those that may fit didn't have a water bottle holder. I opened up my search outside of Amazon, with the same result. Finally went to the largest bike shop in the Orlando area, and found a bag that worked. The KoKi Rover trunk. Really nice medium sized bag that fits the RadMini rack like a glove. Now, you may have to search a bit for it if you are interested in one, because they may have discontinued it, but if you find one it will make a nice addition to your RadMini.

I checked amazon, eBay and Overstock...no Koki Rovers so you probably can't find them again. I also tried Bikase grocery pannier but it didn't fit. I ended up making one from a horse saddlebag since I knew I could shorten the straps easily enough with a couple lines of stitching--even made an extra pocket for a water bottle. Given that there are hundreds of different bags for bikes, you would think more of them would fit our bike rack, but since there isn't a great bikeshop near where I live to try them out, I decided to create one. I'm happy with the results; easy on/off (one velcro strap), it is insulated and leak proof so it will do what I need. Best of all, it was under twenty bucks on eBay.

Back