Racktime bags

XL panniers passed their 1st road test .1/2 in. sag over back of rack . Probably will add another thin piece of plywood. 37 LBS is what was onboard. I think I like that two wheel cart to pull off of seat post. Don' t know if thudbuster will take the extra strain though.Off to test the Trunki t bag now.

View attachment 3470
Thanks Mark_O i've been looking for a while trying to figure out what would attach to this rack and never realized the name on the back of the rack thanks for for the original post just got the new bag great addition to the bike!
View attachment 3469

Since I can't see the Trunk-It in person, I was wondering if the Large will hold a laptop, change of clothes and shoes, and basic repair equipment/tube. Thank you!

I don't think it will hold a laptop. I can just about get an iPad in the top part along with tools, pump, inner tube and lock. The volume is ok but the dimensions of the iPad make zipping up difficult, it's right on the limit. The two fold-out side panniers are small. You could split a change of clothes between them if they aren't too bulky. Coats and shoes wouldn't fit.

I use Ortleib BackRoller Classic and it fits perfectly fine.
It is quite expensive and it's basically a waterproof sack but it has proven quite effective. I think Racktime bags make more sense and cost effective.
Ravi, I am leaning closer to purchasing an ST2. Since I bike to to work, and would use the ST2 of this, panniers are very important to me. Do you have any problem with the Ortlieb bags hitting the wheels? The ST2 rack doesn't seem to offer much structure to keep the panniers from contacting the wheel. I looked at the Rack Time panniers but they don't have as much space as the Ortlieb panniers you use.

Ravi, I am leaning closer to purchasing an ST2. Since I bike to to work, and would use the ST2 of this, panniers are very important to me. Do you have any problem with the Ortlieb bags hitting the wheels? The ST2 rack doesn't seem to offer much structure to keep the panniers from contacting the wheel. I looked at the Rack Time panniers but they don't have as much space as the Ortlieb panniers you use.

Hey Jonah,
I took some quick pics for you.
There is plenty of room b/w tires and the panniers. The 2015 Ortleib panniers have adjustable clamp and this ensures panniers don't get unhinged. They don't block the rear light.

Ravi - Ortleib - 1.JPG
Ravi - Ortleib - 2.JPG

I picked up my new ST2 yesterday and ordered a Ortlieb office bag QL 2.1 with laptop sleeve, this will solv the laptop problem.

Ravi, thanks much for the info and pictures. Would you buy your panniers again?

Last edited:
Could you tell me what model that is JFane, I am looking for that softshell bag and cannot seem to find it.
Neilap Looks like the original site I purchased my bag that does not carry it anymore try this site should be the same bag I have
(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
The original site I purchased it at is at this address :

Neilap Looks like the original site I purchased my bag that does not carry it anymore try this site should be the same bag I have
The original site I purchased it at is at this address :
Many Thanks. Just bought my Stromer ST2 yesterday, need to get it kitted out for the work commute

I just ordered a Stromer ST1 Elite yesterday with the City Kit. Is the rack setup the same between the ST1 and ST2? Just curious if I can use the info in this thread as "interoperable."

Back