Racktime bags

Isn't that a QL2.1? I was looking at getting a QL3 pannier but not sure it would work with the single stay of the rack on an ST2. I was looking at this site to find the differences in the various QL systems. http://cyclocamping.com/blog/2015/0...ortlieb-quick-lock-systems-ql1-ql2-ql2-1-ql3/

Very neat comparison.
Mine is QL 2.1 and if you're looking for commuting, QL2.1 is perfect.
QL3 has minimalistic approach but looks like it might be challenge to adapt to the single stay of ST2.

I had an Easy Motion Street and was very tired of dealing with a Velcro attached rack bags I bought off Amazon so I affixed the bungees to the bottom of the bag with heavy duty bra hooks from the fabric store. Looked silly when carrying just the bag but it was easy on and off the rack when I got to the office.

I just upgraded bikes to my new ST2S which did not have a rack at all.. The dealer offered to install one matching the ST2 racks but I opted for something a bit bigger. Now I have a large quick release trunk bag and pannier rack bars that do not interfere with the top bag at all.. I really like the large size hard shell bottom of this bag. I have a laptop pannier bag with secure clips and I am all set for my commute.
I am very happy with it..

Ibera PakRak IB-RA5 Touring Plus Bicycle Carrier & Ibera PakRak Bicycle Quick-Release Commuter Trunk Bag (I also needed the Rack mount seat post adapter M-Wave Seat Post Clamp with Rack Mounts, 31.8mm)

Here's a picture all dressed on our day trip to the beach..
upload_2016-5-15_12-40-59.png

The Racktime Black Box bag arrived. It has a rigid shell, and doubles as a backpack when removed from the carrier. I would say that the bag is a bit on the small side. It's big enough to bring a change of clothes, but not big enough to also carry a pair of shoes.

mk637VebG02h2GZ-dVulzNZ3JCzYirhKsClolXtWTfTJ=w1240-h698-no

m6Jj2HxQZzFKeH7AP3Idk59KhLFNLOdxosJ9EQIAm9_6=w393-h698-no

Edited: Incorrectly stated that this was the Racktime TrunkIt bag.
Hi Rick, your bag looks really good on the Stromer. Will the bag fit a 13inch macbook? Is it suitable to carry a laptop? Thanks!

Hi Rick, your bag looks really good on the Stromer. Will the bag fit a 13inch macbook? Is it suitable to carry a laptop? Thanks!

I have found that panniers are safer to carry laptops because of the lower center of gravity and they offer less drag compared to baskets.
Ortleib office bag has worked for me well on my ST2.

This may be obvious to you but just in case ... I've tried to find a bag to put on the ST2's rear rack. After a couple of failed purchases I realised that the rack is manufactured by a company called Racktime. And an Internet search showed that they make bags that clip into that rack. I just bought one from a supplier in the US (bikebagshop.com) and it works perfectly. Racktime bags come in all shapes and sizes and have an inbuilt device that clicks into the rack on the ST2. Just buy the bag and it fits. They are also really well made.

I don't know why there isn't more information from Stromer about the rack manufacturer - maybe it's obvious for a European consumer. But it certainly wasn't obvious for me!

Stromer uses the"narrow" version of the Racktime rack on their bikes and it takes the "properP adaptor to mount a bag that uses their rack. I ended up having to purchase it from the German eBay website because the bag I eventually selected came with an adaptor which fit only the "wide" version of the Racktime rack. It was a pain to make it all happen but I ended up with a great combination of adapter and bag that is the best trunk bag I have used.

Not likely. it may fit the 12" MacBook, but I think the 13.3" models are too large because of the rounded corners of the bag.

Hello Rick,

I really love the Racktime Black Box bag you have on your bike. Would you happen to know or have a link to where I could purchase one?

Thanks!

I was just looking at the place I purchased mine, and they no longer sell them. If you do find them, please post here. The zippers on mine are starting to corrode from the salt air here in Hawaii.

I bought a "Cool Change" (where do they come up with these names?) trunk bag on ebay for $50, and bought the racktime adapter for $30 including shipping from a German company on ebay as well. It works great. I also bought a pair of Seattle Sports Hydralite panniers. They seem to be functionally identical to the much more expensive Ortliebs. They are rubberized waterproof rolltop bags with a zippered pouch in the front. They fit the Racktime rack perfectly, and at ~ $90 for the pair they were a bargain.

Attachments

• 20180705_115137.jpg
    20180705_115137.jpg
    577 KB · Views: 867
  • 20180629_155206.jpg
    20180629_155206.jpg
    880.1 KB · Views: 892
Back