Pictures of an E-Bike Adventure

dm nelson

With our new e-bike issues resolved, my partner & I are greatly enjoying peddling further, faster and higher than we ever would without peddle assist. Thought I'd share a few pictures from the weekend.

With charged batteries we peddle assisted from home to get up, up the 2500 hills to see the valley below:

radmasonite-10.JPG

Careful to keep these nasty guys out of the tires:

radmasonite-3-3.JPG

The next evening we climb up, sometimes 14% grade, to view the hills for sunset:

radmasonite-3-2.JPG

Finally we stop at the local quick charge station to prepare for the next ride :) :

radmasonite-7.JPG

Next, hope to post images from a trip all the way over the Mendocino County hills to the coast & back. Will need spare batteries.

So, I'm wondering what did your adventure look like today?

Attachments

• radmasonite-9.JPG
    radmasonite-9.JPG
    925.7 KB · Views: 634
Last edited:
That looks like a awesome trip, how did you charge at the tesla terminal? all terminals where im at have plugs for a car only.

That looks like a awesome trip, how did you charge at the tesla terminal? all terminals where im at have plugs for a car only.
Preliminary attempt met with sparks & arcs, so was unsuccessful. Will need to find a better adapter for bike. If someone has a tesla adapter, please let me know. For now the home charger happily offers its services :D

Got the e-bike for the joy of (extended) cycling. Makes me happy knowing others are experiencing new-found joy on theirs. Here's today's view peddling up & out of town, about a dozen miles of climb. I'd had to really be prepared for this without the power assist. Image attached :)

Attachments

• radmasonite-3-5.JPG
    946.4 KB · Views: 573
Last edited:
Today's 30.2 mile, 3250 ft total ascent ride around local hills. Amazing the stock 48v 11ah batteries lasted (just barely) the whole route.goin up.JPG
rocks-5-4.JPG

Today a 15 mile peddle assist into the breeze, through valley vineyards :). Anyone else cycle for fun, or just commuting?radvin-6.JPG

For fun here, have worked out of the house for the past 13 years and now mostly retired.

Here we are the other day, running the bike over to the shore of Upper Saranac Lake in the boat for a trip to Lake Placid from the island we were staying on. Gorgeous up here this time of year!

Attachments

• Saranac.jpg
    Saranac.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 585
For fun here, have worked out of the house for the past 13 years and now mostly retired.

Here we are the other day, running the bike over to the shore of Upper Saranac Lake in the boat for a trip to Lake Placid from the island we were staying on. Gorgeous up here this time of year!
Just doesn't get much better than Bikes & boats! Not sure I'll get my ebike into either of my kayaks or canoe here in Mendocino County, CA :D

Glad you asked! Beautiful day around Lake George, NY. Looks like you had a pretty nice day as well.

Attachments

• LG.png
    LG.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 553
  • LG_Path.png
    LG_Path.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 593
Up a couple thousand feet within 5 miles, up the valley, out of the Ukiah valley. Nice view today at the top. Sounds of gunshots & strewn shotgun shells from the nearby shooting range had me heading down the steep loose-on-hard packed trail, testing the brakes and snow tires.

radpumpkins-5-2.JPG radpumpkins-6.JPG radpumpkins-5-3.JPG

Last edited:
Enjoyable 19 mile ride up, down and around oak covered hills of mendocino county. Hope you had a joyfully colorful ride today, also

radalong-5-2.JPG

After a short detour to vote, got back on the bikes and cycled past 20 miles of vineyards on the beautiful fall day. Wondering where other ebikers ventured out to day.

vintagebikes-9.JPG

All mtn RC 16.jpgGreat photos and country side, enjoyed the article. We have had a wet winter in South western Australia and are looking forward to spring weather before the heat sets in. Haibike 2016 all mtn RC Whicher ranges Jarrah forest.

Last edited:
Back