Our Rides in Words, Photos & Videos

Back In The Saddle Again

Has been quite some time since I last posted on this forum. Dreadfully hot spring and summer weather meant the bikes stayed home for months at a time while we stayed closeted with the AC. The few forays out were short around-the-block trips as the heat and humidity allowed. Nothing exciting to write about, and already well photographed from prior posts.

Today the weather had thrown off the suffocating cloak of wilting heat and panting humidity for a breath of fresh cool dry air. Perfect riding weather. My ebike neighbor and I got together at 10am to watch 18 carriages (mostly 4-in-hands) go off from a neighboring estate. We were joined by 9 cyclists who had paused in their ride to spectate as well. Much cheering and clapping on our part for each exquisite turnout was rewarded with tipped top hats from the gentlemen on the carriages and smiles and returned waves from the impeccably dressed coaching passengers. It was quite the exciting, unexpected treat for the cyclists who, one and all, had whipped out their cell phones to record the entorage of stunningly beautiful teams and pairs put to gleaming antique carriages dating back to well over a century when they were first put behind a team of horses. What a different world it was back then.

As the last of the carriages embarked on their 5 mile drive down the road and through neighboring estates, and the cycling group, phones now tucked securely away, followed at a sedate pace until they had the road to themselves again, my neighbor and I returned to my farm where she dropped me off to head home to grab her Vado and meet me back at my place for our planned ride.

We took off on our Vados, riding a 21 mile loop down into the next county and back - a loop that will be the route used for an ebike group club ride this October from my farm. Ride With GPS and my Garmin recorded the route for me so that I could uploaded it for the club participants to preview. I didn't take time to stop for photos because we were having too much fun talking and zipping along the roads, so here is a photo snatched from a prior ride on the same route:

IMG_20200930_125225444_HDR_copy_1512x1311.jpg

It was a beautiful ride, and exceptionally fun with lots of smooth paved rolling road just perfect for blasting down with the wind in your face and hands clenching the handlebars tightly, trying not to touch the brakes until the descents became too fast for one's nerves. Then up the next rolling slope to blast down the other side. We were like two kids on holiday!

Along the border of one large estate a terrific rain and wind storm last month had produced several wind sheers, one uprooting vunerable old oak trees and snapping other trees in half like matchsticks. The resulting carnage of now dead wood was still littering the landscape like the aftermath of a battle, but we noticed among the broken foliage the chipper trucks, vehicles and staff of the tree companies hard at work picking up the debris and returning the estate to its pristine condition. It was just a small area, and once we were past the sad remains of so many fallen trees, the landscape shrugged off the carnage, left the woods behind, and once again opened up to proudly present an endless vista of spectacular natural beauty. The charm of the views had been aided and abetted by the hardworking staff of the resident estates who had claimed the lands as far as the eye could see, grooming pastures, fields, woodlands, stone walls and fencing for the entire route home.

My neighbor and I whole heartedly agreed that this route was our favorite paved road ride. Bar none.

It is nice to be back in the saddle again.

I hope to be writing more as the rides begin again in the cooler pre-autumn days of September.

Last edited:
Badlands Loop Via the Dinosaur Trail – From Dinosaurs to Hoodoos, this ride might have it all.

On Tuesday, I had made plans with a friend to ride our e-MTBs out in West Bragg Creek country but recent foul weather would likely have made the DH trails a bit tricky to negotiate and for this reason we decided to defer the trip for a more favorable day. In a last-ditch effort to salvage lost time in the saddle, I came up with a backup plan to cycle the Badlands of Drumheller on Friday with my wife and brother-in-law. I suspected that there might be a few kms of unpaved road along the way so I took the liberty of installing gravel tires on both of our bikes. As it turned out, blue skies greeted us in the morning and it was so warm out that any thought of adding an additional layer was of little consequence.
1 Web capture_4-9-2021_203616_ridewithgps.com.jpeg

Horse Shoe Canyon – A suitable entry point that offers up some remarkable views just outside of the town of Drumheller.
IMG_20210903_1823264.jpg

One compelling reason why tourists are drawn to Drumheller is to visit the Royal Tyrell Museum of Paleontology which houses one of the world’s largest collections of dinosaur fossils.

Our first stop was this tiny church on the edge of town, just past the Tyrell. It could probably seat 8 people tops. I’ve actually heard of couples tying the knot here.
IMG_20210903_1131126.jpg

IMG_20210903_1131341.jpg

Horse Thief Canyon – A definite must see when visiting the area.

IMG_20210903_1216319.jpg

IMG_20210903_1209059.jpgIMG_20210903_1212585.jpg

This field of baled hay appeared to go on forever.

IMG_20210903_1232154 (2).jpg

Gone in 60 seconds. - The Bleriot Ferry has to be the shortest that I’ve had the privilege of boarding.

GH010801_Moment.jpg

IMG_20210903_1244394.jpgIMG_20210903_1245006.jpg

The Orkney Viewpoint. - A spectacular view of the surrounding Badlands and of the river valley below.

IMG_20210903_1312087-panorama.jpg

IMG_20210903_1311489.jpgIMG_20210903_1310466.jpg

The Loop along the Dinosaur Trail would take us along more surreal looking landscape where we would finally end the ride with an out-and-back to the old coal mining hamlet of Wayne which I can imagine has a story or two to tell. A highlight of this leg would be the 11 bridges that we would cross over a 6 km stretch of road. A world record, according to Guinness, for the most spans within the shortest distance.

IMG_20210903_1502560.jpg

IMG_20210903_1502319.jpg

One of 11 bridges that we would cross on the way to Wayne.

IMG_20210903_1525325.jpg

.....and condensed obligatory footage of that ride. ;)

A bit of history behind the Last Saloon and of the Rosedeer Hotel is contained in the link below. Unfortunately, the place was closed to the public during our stopover there. A music fest was underway and all of the nearby campgrounds were filling up fast in a build up for the long weekend.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calg...deer-hotel-sale-real-estate-alberta-1.6024081

IMG_20210903_1535236.jpg

Symbol of the Badlands - The Hoodoos near East Coulee. Our final stop before heading home -These ancient sandstone structures are a major attraction and can be seen throughout the Badlands.

IMG_20210903_1746190.jpg

IMG_20210903_1752047.jpg

IMG_20210903_1750535.jpgIMG_20210903_1752310.jpgIMG_20210903_1754014.jpg

I’m afraid that my videography skills pale in comparison to @Chargeride and his cinematic creations but I do hope that you enjoy this video tribute of our ride in and around the Badlands.

IMG_20210903_1138025.jpgIMG_20210903_1151091.jpgIMG_20210903_1235104.jpgIMG_20210903_1252027.jpgIMG_20210903_1345367.jpgIMG_20210903_1536007.jpgIMG_20210903_1540576.jpg

Last edited:
Badlands Loop Via the Dinosaur Trail – From Dinosaurs to Hoodoos, this ride might have it all.

On Tuesday, I had made plans with a friend to ride our e-MTBs out in West Bragg Creek country but recent foul weather would likely have made the DH trails a bit tricky to negotiate and for this reason we decided to defer the trip for a more favorable day. In a last-ditch effort to salvage lost time in the saddle, I came up with a backup plan to cycle the Badlands of Drumheller on Wednesday with my wife and brother-in-law. I suspected that there might be a few kms of unpaved road along the way so I took the liberty of installing gravel tires on both of our bikes. As it turned out, blue skies greeted us in the morning and it was so warm out that any thought of adding an additional layer was of little consequence.
View attachment 98961

Horse Shoe Canyon – A suitable entry point that offers up some remarkable views just outside of the town of Drumheller.
View attachment 98962
One compelling reason why tourists are drawn to Drumheller is to visit the Royal Tyrell Museum of Paleontology which houses one of the world’s largest collections of dinosaur fossils.

Our first stop was this tiny church on the edge of town, just past the Tyrell. It could probably seat 8 people tops. I’ve actually heard of couples tying the knot here.
View attachment 98963
View attachment 98964

View attachment 98974

View attachment 98969View attachment 98977

View attachment 98970

Gone in 60 seconds. - The Bleriot Ferry has to be the shortest that I’ve had the privilege of boarding.

View attachment 98971
View attachment 98972View attachment 98973

The Orkney Viewpoint. - A spectacular view of the surrounding Badlands and of the river valley below.

View attachment 98965
View attachment 98968View attachment 98967

The Loop along the Dinosaur Trail would take us along more surreal looking landscape where we would finally end the ride with an out-and-back to the old coal mining hamlet of Wayne which I can imagine has a story or two to tell. A highlight of this leg would be the 11 bridges that we would cross over a 6 km stretch of road. A world record, according to Guinness, for the most spans within the shortest distance.

View attachment 98975
View attachment 98976

View attachment 98978

A bit of history behind the Last Saloon and of the Rosedeer Hotel is contained in the link below. Unfortunately, the place was closed to the public during our stopover there. A music fest was underway and all of the nearby campgrounds were filling up fast in a build up for the long weekend.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calg...deer-hotel-sale-real-estate-alberta-1.6024081

View attachment 98979

Symbol of the Badlands - The Hoodoos near East Coulee. Our final stop before heading home -These ancient sandstone structures are a major attraction and can be seen throughout the Badlands.

View attachment 98980
View attachment 98981
View attachment 98982View attachment 98983View attachment 98984

I’m afraid that my videography skills pale in comparison to @Chargeride and his cinematic creations but I do hope that you enjoy this video tribute of our ride in and around the Badlands.

View attachment 98986View attachment 98987View attachment 98988View attachment 98989View attachment 98990View attachment 98991View attachment 98992
Cracking photos

Had to change our holiday last week. We like doing battlefield tours and were going to Normandy and Arnhem. Cancelled because of Covid so we did a six day cycling holiday, going to different places each day.

The first day was to Millennium Park in Marston Moretaine, which is now an environmental centre on some former clay pits.
91888308-342F-4C40-9E83-90518799F2FA.jpeg

The second day was to the Ashridge Estate, which is some local woodlands.
11F2F8DC-D7ED-4223-A995-46698BC4BBE7.jpeg

The third day was to the Brampton Valley Way, near Brixworth which is an old disused railway line. This had some interesting tunnels, one of which had a very slimy snd gloopy surface.
6B7C3ECE-1B35-4017-B332-FAD845258440.jpeg3B4E0003-7A79-45CB-B8D4-59A748F574ED.jpeg

The fourth day was Pitsford Water, which is a reservoir in Northamptonshire.
619661C2-D7F2-4B7A-A0A4-C327048C0478.jpegAD77A22E-3446-4DAD-B1D4-940DAAA5F39D.jpeg

The fifth day was to another reservoir, Rutland Water, thus tine in Leicestershire.
333EB92B-A454-4970-9A66-05A66797709F.jpeg

The sixth day was the Phoenix Trail, which is again, an old disused railway line, this time between Princes Risborough and Thame.
276A72CE-61C1-41E3-92B8-00A8BFDD7008.jpeg

We had a great time doing these trails and, in keeping with the English custom of taking a picnic with us each day, finding a nice spot to eat this.

As I said the Battlefield tour, which was already cancelled from 2020 was cancelled but re-booked for next year along some others tours.

But we enjoyed these trails that I have been selecting more to do on the wife’s days off. My days off are all the time, being retired, but cycling every day now, losing weight and getting fitter.

Attachments

• A4550872-67F5-4D2F-A8E0-788E227E86E1.jpeg
    A4550872-67F5-4D2F-A8E0-788E227E86E1.jpeg
    144.8 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Ten minutes to our coffee rendezvous…

Brisbane Valley Rail Trail, Clarendon – near Lowood

Brisbane Valley Rail Trail
Clarendon – near Lowood (below distant hill)
62 km; 10:50 am
It was a fast ride back from the furthest point in our group ride: back to Lowood for a coffee break during which we sorted out most of the world's problems – as is wont to happen in post-ride get-togethers – and then, for me, a lonely ride home.

The 'rules' for our group rides are simple: leave at 9:00 am; turn back at 10:00 am; coffee at 11:00 am. Newcomers are always taken aback: this group really does leave on time!

It's just over 21 km to the Cooragook Bridge where mucking around or taking photos is obligatory. Given that parts of the track are far rougher than the section above and that our ebikes are nobbled by EU restrictions, those of us who opt to travel to the old trestle bridge need to indulge in a bit of Turbo-riding!

Above: Warren passing me on his new Cube ebike. A beauty: 625 Wh battery, full suspension and 65 mm tan-sidewalled Schwalbe Nobby Nics. My Homage, trying desperately not to be upstaged by the Cube's fancy footwear, tried its chameleon trick of pretending to be coloured 'Deep Sea Blue' as R&M claim. (You can't fool me all of the time!)

The mauve wildflowers are Paterson's Curse or Salvation Jane: choose their name according to your opinion of Jane Paterson who, unwittingly, introduced them to the continent a century ago. 'Curse' because the plant is poisonous to livestock (especially horses and pigs); 'salvation' because it might be the last hope of nourishment for cattle in extreme droughts. Paterson's Curse is, generally, the preferred name!

The yellow flowers are Billy Buttons: they're native plants and are amongst almost everyone's favourites.

Do the scattered small cumulus clouds indicate that spring is with us? I've just checked yesterday's weather readings: around 24ºC at 10:50 am when this photo was taken. Last Saturday, when I left home, it was 3.5ºC.

Spring seems to have sprung!

TOP Cycling Ride : 2021-09-04

Apart from the first/last 750 m, Saturday's ride was entirely on the Brisbane Valley Rail Trail. It's a tough life, living two minutes from the country's longest rail trail.

In the SE (bottom right) corner of the map, you'll see some names – Pine Mountain (aka 'Home'), Kholo, Mount Crosby, Karana Downs, Chuwar. That should be tomorrow's ride. Some ups and downs, some gravel but mostly tar, fast and slow, picnic by the river, a few bird photos… let's wait and see!

Last edited by a moderator:
Saturday, Friday (and Other Funny Place-Names) Ride

I didn't have much of workout last week (working!) Restless to find new trails, I transported my Vado SL to Łowicz with the car on Saturday morning. (It is interesting that Mazovian Railways offer very few direct trains to Łowicz, so train was no option).

1630827860400.png

Łowicz is located upon the important River Bzura. I had planned an "MTB" trail; the trail turned out to be flooded by Bzura just at the beginning of my ride! Bottom: There is a lot of morass in the area, making birds such as wild ducks or herons happy there.

1630828074057.png

It was Saturday, so my first way-point was the village of Sobota (Saturday) :D (There are several place-names in Poland referring to days of week).

1630828259500.png

Finding that defunct petrol station in Sobota was a shock for me. Yes, the gas stations in the Polish People's Republic looked like this one (only the pumps were in better shape). True post-apocalyptic picture!

1630828425808.png

The impression of the petrol station took so strong effect on me that I forgot checking my GPS navigation. To my big surprise, I soon reached the village of Przezwiska (Nicknames) that I indeed planned to see but not at that stage of my trip! Happy pedalling, I realized I rode the wrong way. That cost me a couple of kilometres to return to Sobota.

1630828607287.png

And I reached the village of Walewice. There, you can find a serious stud, where some roads allow horses and equestrian only! I liked watching this steed, being so happy!

1630828916528.png

The famous Walewice Palace (1783). The access to the Palace is public. Unfortunately, the Palace was reserved by a movie crew, what a bummer! There, I met a group of cycling tourists (not touring cyclists). Members of the Łódź Division of the PTTK (Polish Tourist and Sightseeing Society) here. PTTK, with its 312 divisions, is an organization that promotes qualified tourism, maintains our hiking and bike trails, runs a number of tourist guesthouses, and more.

1630829410725.png

As a qualified tourist, the group leader acted as a guide, telling his group members stories about the places their visited. I specifically asked him about the story of the notorious Mrs. Walewska. He had a script on that at ready!

Story of Mrs. Walewska

Mr. Anastazy Collonna-Walewski was a chamberlain to our last King Stanislaus Augustus. He built the Walewice Palace. He took (as his third wife), the beautiful and wealthy Countess Maria Walewska from neighbouring Kiernozia. (The father of Frederic Chopin was one of her tutors!)

In 1806, one Napoleon Bonaparte briefly met her in one of palaces near Warsaw. She was so charming he requested an appointment in Warsaw. In hope Bonaparte would support the Polish independence, she sacrificed herself and became a mistress of the Emperor of the French. (Indeed, Bonaparte established the Duchy of Warsaw in 1807!) She actually bore a son of Napoleon (the Alexander's family survived to this day!) The Emperor gave her a palace in Paris, where she could safely live in the hard times of Napoleonic wars. She last saw him in exile in 1815.

In 1816, she married her long time love, Count Antoine-Philippe d'Ornano (d'Ornanos survived to this day, too) Maria died in 1817 due to illness. Her heart is buried in Pere Lachaise in Paris but her remnants are buried in her home village of Kiernozia.

1630830761381.png

A historical larch wood Mansion of Orenice. Fortunately, the mansion is not in the Register of Monuments. Therefore, the owner could renovate the mansion and put it in good use. There were other mansions on my route. One of them was in good shape and used as a healthcare facility. Most of the others were in terrible shape and inaccessible.

1630831021051.png

The Town of Piątek (Friday) :D We were there with Jacek a year ago.

1630831092629.png

The only attraction of "Friday" is the fact the town is located in the geometrical centre of Poland. On Aug 21st, 2021, the Piątek aldermen buried a "time capsule" there. It is to be reopened in 50 years from now. I hope the magistrates put a bottle of good vodka there! :D

1630831248421.png

A Vado SL forces you to really pedal the bike! For that reason, I was starving upon my arrival to Piątek, and was near to bonking. Fun fact: the only place of gastronomy in Piątek is a "da Grasso" pizzeria (that is a franchise). This "Polish Pizza" saved my life. (The actual name was "Countryside Pizza"). Sausage, onion, and pickled cucumber on pizza must be a Polish contribution... :D Yet I liked it very much! (Fun fact: I could find a da Grasso pizza box as far as 7 km away from Piątek, in some bushes) :D

1630831744799.png

There are not that many gravel roads in Poland nowadays, making gravel cyclist here weep :) I could find a route involving pretty many gravel roads for my friend Przemek anyhow :) (To get there, I also needed to ride a dirt road and forest paths).

1630831896505.png

Another important river: Mroga. In the morning, I found the river uncouth, at high level, reaching her banks. In the afternoon, I could see her and listen to her roaring at a weir.

1630832089354.png

It looks we have got proper marking for bike trails in recent years. I was on three bike trails on my trip: "Sabres & Bayonets", "Mansions & Churches", and "Chariot".

1630832205361.png

One of Rydwan (Chariot) lakes. Although the Land of Łódź is not a lake land, there are numerous fishing ponds and some lakes in the area. Several lakes and ponds around the village of Rydwan are collectively named Rydwan (Chariot!). Another lake there is Okręt (Warship). A village between Chariot and Warship was named Kórab (The Ark) :D

Fun fact: The capital city of the region, Łódź (Boat) is located where no river flows! (So many funny place-names...)

1630832517161.png

I was in the New Market Square of Łowicz just a week ago! Even if the last Saturday was a pretty cold day, I could not miss the Rainbow Ice-Cream shop there. So many exciting tastes available. (This time, I chose Mojito taste. I regret my diabetes prevented me from tasting the Mascarpone Raspberry...)

1630832701808.png

Ride map with POI.

I rode Vado SL in 60/60% assistance almost all the way. It was not too much for my weak legs. My own contribution to pedalling was about 50%, so the 110 km distance made me exhausted. Still, 24% of the combined main battery + Range Extender (150%) were left!

Last edited:
@Readytoride Its so good to see you posting again, no photos required as your descriptive words make us feel like we are there and we can picture the scene in our minds! 😁
@Prairie Dog Amazing post once again, what a beautiful part of the world you live in! Your photos and videos are just breathtaking!👍
@Stefan Mikes Great photos and stories once again, this is what this thread is all about!👍

Its great to read through this awesome thread when you can't get out on your bike, thanks @David Berry for this wonderful thread and all of your great stories and photos!

@Readytoride Its so good to see you posting again, no photos required as your descriptive words make us feel like we are there and we can picture the scene in our minds! 😁
@Prairie Dog Amazing post once again, what a beautiful part of the world you live in! Your photos and videos are just breathtaking!👍
@Stefan Mikes Great photos and stories once again, this is what this thread is all about!👍

Its great to read through this awesome thread when you can't get out on your bike, thanks @David Berry for this wonderful thread and all of your great stories and photos!
Sounds like you may be stuck inside as well. We have had so d@*n much rain the last month that this thread has keprt me somwhat sane. Only rides I can count on are the short jaunts between the rains, and a few nice days last week camping in Virginia.

Sounds like you may be stuck inside as well. We have had so d@*n much rain the last month that this thread has keprt me somwhat sane. Only rides I can count on are the short jaunts between the rains, and a few nice days last week camping in Virginia.
We have many more ebike adventures ahead of us this year, but I wonder whether it might be time to ponder whether there really is a need for a new thread each year.
I'm watching my dad on my own for the whole week so can't get out, the weather here is perfect for cycling...

Given the size of this thread I think we need a new one every year?

On Tuesday, I had made plans with a friend to ride our e-MTBs out in West Bragg Creek country but recent foul weather would likely have made the DH trails a bit tricky to negotiate and for this reason we decided to defer the trip for a more favorable day. In a last-ditch effort to salvage lost time in the saddle, I came up with a backup plan to cycle the Badlands of Drumheller on Wednesday with my wife and brother-in-law. I suspected that there might be a few kms of unpaved road along the way so I took the liberty of installing gravel tires on both of our bikes. As it turned out, blue skies greeted us in the morning and it was so warm out that any thought of adding an additional layer was of little consequence.
View attachment 98961

View attachment 98962

View attachment 98963
View attachment 98964

View attachment 98974

View attachment 98969View attachment 98977

View attachment 98970

View attachment 98971
View attachment 98972View attachment 98973

View attachment 98965
View attachment 98968View attachment 98967

View attachment 98975
View attachment 98976

View attachment 98978

View attachment 98979

View attachment 98980
View attachment 98981
View attachment 98982View attachment 98983View attachment 98984

View attachment 98986View attachment 98987View attachment 98988View attachment 98989View attachment 98990View attachment 98991View attachment 98992
Oh, so this was the awful fallback bike ride that you just threw together when the other option did not work out!!!

BRAVO! And I saw your bike defying gravity again.

Back In The Saddle Again

Has been quite some time since I last posted on this forum. Dreadfully hot spring and summer weather meant the bikes stayed home for months at a time while we stayed closeted with the AC. The few forays out were short around-the-block trips as the heat and humidity allowed. Nothing exciting to write about, and already well photographed from prior posts.

Today the weather had thrown off the suffocating cloak of wilting heat and panting humidity for a breath of fresh cool dry air. Perfect riding weather. My ebike neighbor and I got together at 10am to watch 18 carriages (mostly 4-in-hands) go off from a neighboring estate. We were joined by 9 cyclists who had paused in their ride to spectate as well. Much cheering and clapping on our part for each exquisite turnout was rewarded with tipped top hats from the gentlemen on the carriages and smiles and returned waves from the impeccably dressed coaching passengers. It was quite the exciting, unexpected treat for the cyclists who, one and all, had whipped out their cell phones to record the entorage of stunningly beautiful teams and pairs put to gleaming antique carriages dating back to well over a century when they were first put behind a team of horses. What a different world it was back then.

As the last of the carriages embarked on their 5 mile drive down the road and through neighboring estates, and the cycling group, phones now tucked securely away, followed at a sedate pace until they had the road to themselves again, my neighbor and I returned to my farm where she dropped me off to head home to grab her Vado and meet me back at my place for our planned ride.

We took off on our Vados, riding a 21 mile loop down into the next county and back - a loop that will be the route used for an ebike group club ride this October from my farm. Ride With GPS and my Garmin recorded the route for me so that I could uploaded it for the club participants to preview. I didn't take time to stop for photos because we were having too much fun talking and zipping along the roads, so here is a photo snatched from a prior ride on the same route:

View attachment 98948
It was a beautiful ride, and exceptionally fun with lots of smooth paved rolling road just perfect for blasting down with the wind in your face and hands clenching the handlebars tightly, trying not to touch the brakes until the descents became too fast for one's nerves. Then up the next rolling slope to blast down the other side. We were like two kids on holiday!

Along the border of one large estate a terrific rain and wind storm last month had produced several wind sheers, one uprooting vunerable old oak trees and snapping other trees in half like matchsticks. The resulting carnage of now dead wood was still littering the landscape like the aftermath of a battle, but we noticed among the broken foliage the chipper trucks, vehicles and staff of the tree companies hard at work picking up the debris and returning the estate to its pristine condition. It was just a small area, and once we were past the sad remains of so many fallen trees, the landscape shrugged off the carnage, left the woods behind, and once again opened up to proudly present an endless vista of spectacular natural beauty. The charm of the views had been aided and abetted by the hardworking staff of the resident estates who had claimed the lands as far as the eye could see, grooming pastures, fields, woodlands, stone walls and fencing for the entire route home.

My neighbor and I whole heartedly agreed that this route was our favorite paved road ride. Bar none.

It is nice to be back in the saddle again.

I hope to be writing more as the rides begin again in the cooler pre-autumn days of September.
Oh, so nice to have you back - I/we have missed your wonderful, well written reports.

Back