Our Rides in Words, Photos & Videos

Trail maintenance!
C193F7C5-9AB7-4029-9FBF-D19FD86D0D0A.jpeg

Tried for Baggy point during a storm with 70mph gusts and horizontal rain with hailstones thrown in.
Makes you feel alive and all, but what was really amazing is that they were still laying concrete on a house rebuild right next to where I took this photograph
Screenshot_20230418-213033~2.png

Things started getting silly here, I was getting blown three feet sideways by the gusts, then a runner came around the bend and shouting in my ear told me he had been nearly bowled over the edge.
I turned back, fat tyres act like little sails in the wind.
Screenshot_20230418-213359~2.png

So then I went to Woolacombe bay, which is a very popular upmarket beach resort, the algae foam from spray hit me right in the eye as I took this shot.
Screenshot_20230418-213506~2.png

We never lose a chance to say sorry in England and these dog walkers apologised to me because their dog was blown in front of my bike which I was equally idiotically riding on a beach in a storm.
Screenshot_20230418-213642~2.png

Then on to Westward Ho, this is a haunted house theme attraction that would just be superb in the storm at night I can imagine.

Screenshot_20230418-213709~2.png

Then back to Combe Martin and this rather offroady baja Beetle with full roll cage and a mannequin in the passenger seat.
Screenshot_20230418-214905~2.png

Got this lovely shot at Saunton beach of a kitesurfer by matching his speed on the bike
Screenshot_20230418-214413~2.png

Broke my chain trying to climb a stupidly steep hill, luckily I could coast all the way back to the airbnb.
Screenshot_20230418-214851~2.png

This rather snazzy house is quite the talk of the town , it was featured on CH4s Grand Designs and it all went wrong for the couple who divorced under the pressure and left it unfinished and millions in debt.
Its still empty to this day
Screenshot_20230418-214449~2.png

Ive only shown the bottom half of this controversial statue in Ilfracombe by the very edgy British artist Damian Hirst, the cows in embalming fluid guy..
Its very graphic with autopsy cadaver top end.
Its called Verity if you want a look, but its rather grotesque and not my cup of tea.
Screenshot_20230418-214940~2.png

Great holiday, loads of wind and sun, plenty of biking and meeting weirdos in the pubs.

Tried for Baggy point during a storm with 70mph gusts and horizontal rain with hailstones thrown in.
Makes you feel alive and all, but what was really amazing is that they were still laying concrete on a house rebuild right next to where I took this photograph
View attachment 151951

Things started getting silly here, I was getting blown three feet sideways by the gusts, then a runner came around the bend and shouting in my ear told me he had been nearly bowled over the edge.
I turned back, fat tyres act like little sails in the wind.
View attachment 151959

So then I went to Woolacombe bay, which is a very popular upmarket beach resort, the algae foam from spray hit me right in the eye as I took this shot.
View attachment 151961

We never lose a chance to say sorry in England and these dog walkers apologised to me because their dog was blown in front of my bike which I was equally idiotically riding on a beach in a storm.
View attachment 151960

Then on to Westward Ho, this is a haunted house theme attraction that would just be superb in the storm at night I can imagine.

View attachment 151958

Then back to Combe Martin and this rather offroady baja Beetle with full roll cage and a mannequin in the passenger seat.
View attachment 151953

Got this lovely shot at Saunton beach of a kitesurfer by matching his speed on the bike
View attachment 151956

Broke my chain trying to climb a stupidly steep hill, luckily I could coast all the way back to the airbnb.
View attachment 151954

This rather snazzy house is quite the talk of the town , it was featured on CH4s Grand Designs and it all went wrong for the couple who divorced under the pressure and left it unfinished and millions in debt.
Its still empty to this day
View attachment 151955

Ive only shown the bottom half of this controversial statue in Ilfracombe by the very edgy British artist Damian Hirst, the cows in embalming fluid guy..
Its very graphic with autopsy cadaver top end.
Its called Verity if you want a look, but its rather grotesque and not my cup of tea.
View attachment 151952

Great holiday, loads of wind and sun, plenty of biking and meeting weirdos in the pubs.
What Holiday?

Back