Nyon Upgrade for Delite

E14Delite

For those that are interested I queried R&M about what was needed to upgrade my Delite from Kiox to the new Nyon.

The response from Customer support was,

Thank you for choosing Riese & Müller.
In case of the Kiox cockipit additional R&M specific parts are indeed needed.
The correct article number for your request would be VBK0331.

I gather VBK0331 is the complete upgrade kit including the Nyon to provide the integrated Nyon cockpit as installed on their current models.

I have one on order through LBS so will report again later.

Cheers from Down Under. Stay safe, we are doing so here.

Done a few Kiox Cockpit-to-Nyon Upgrades this year. You are correct in that there is a proprietary mount that goes with the R&M adjustable stem. The swap itself is nice and easy, don't even need to drop the drive unit or dig into the Powertube cavity for cables.

Wondering if you have you learnt anywhere that if you choose to have just one item displayed on a Nyon screen (as we can currently do on a Kiox), does the Nyon text size increase to be a lot larger than the Kiox? I'm thinking of doing this also, really it's only to increase font size. Really keen to hear how your new Nyon goes compared to the Kiox!

Still waiting on delivery from R&M to LBS so no first hand experience yet.

I expect you will find with the larger size screen display you will be able to show probably 4 fields that each would be a similar size to 1 field on a Kiox.

Nyon Manual for download here. This perhaps suggest you can have a minimum of 3 fields displayed but even with 4 the text should be pretty visible if that is your concern.

Cheers Stephen

Last edited:
The new Nyon displays up to six fields per screen. There are three rows and either two numerical fields per row or one numerical field with graphics. You can add or delete screens and reorder them. Screens can either be preset and then individual fields with in can be deleted with others added or you can start with an empty screen and fill it in with custom fields. Visibility is sharp with good brightness. It boots quickly and the connectivity is excellent for wifi, and bluetooth, reliably connecting to heart rate monitor and phone as well as wifi to upload ride date to Bosch ebike connect when you get home.

Thanks Alaskan, would I right in guessing just one field on a Nyon screen would give you quite large text?

Thanks Alaskan, would I right in guessing just one field on a Nyon screen would give you quite large text?
No, field size is set at either one or two per row with three rows. If you have only one on screen it will be the same size with the rest of the screen empty. The only exception that I can recall is the big graphic speedometer which is one the primary default screen.

I am not sure what people are doing. Are they riding without their glasses so they need huge display letters?

I wear bifocals for a slight astigmatism and primarily for reading. I have a pair made for computer use where the lower reading section is set for medium distance. They are perfect on my bike and have a sunglasses clip.

I also have a pair of fitovers that work great in place of the sun clip. They are more of a wrap-around style that really protect the eyes from wind and dust. I never have a problem reading the values in fields when I have have six of them on a screen.

Distance vision is fine but with age my reading vision has suffered. Might have to just get over it & just don the bifocals when riding 👓. thank you for your detailed reply

I did the upgrade about a month ago and I could not be more pleased. There are two things I wanted and use constantly--1. Larger gear indicators for the Rohloff Hub and 2. A %age grade read-out. I ride on dirt roads, semi technical for about 30% of the ride. Two longish steep climbs on dirt (15%+grade). Mu route is quite varied with 500 ft elevation changes in 5 miles. Moguls, soft sand, crossing dry wash-outs and hard-pack washboards. Doing constant shifting the whole route and sometimes I transition from down grades to uphills and have the shift from gear 12/13 to 4/5 quickly or I get stuck downshifting on a steep grade. The large gear readout greatly helps get me in the right place. The beauty of the NYON is its flexibility--you can set it up just like you want it. The navigation is very nice though I have not used it that much so far. Pricey but you get real value.

I did the upgrade about a month ago and I could not be more pleased. There are two things I wanted and use constantly--1. Larger gear indicators for the Rohloff Hub and 2. A %age grade read-out. I ride on dirt roads, semi technical for about 30% of the ride. Two longish steep climbs on dirt (15%+grade). Mu route is quite varied with 500 ft elevation changes in 5 miles. Moguls, soft sand, crossing dry wash-outs and hard-pack washboards. Doing constant shifting the whole route and sometimes I transition from down grades to uphills and have the shift from gear 12/13 to 4/5 quickly or I get stuck downshifting on a steep grade. The large gear readout greatly helps get me in the right place. The beauty of the NYON is its flexibility--you can set it up just like you want it. The navigation is very nice though I have not used it that much so far. Pricey but you get real value.
Great post thank you. I've made an appointment to visit LBS tomorrow & hoping to put the Kiox side by side with the Nyon.

For those that are interested I queried R&M about what was needed to upgrade my Delite from Kiox to the new Nyon.

The response from Customer support was,

Thank you for choosing Riese & Müller.
In case of the Kiox cockipit additional R&M specific parts are indeed needed.
The correct article number for your request would be VBK0331.

I gather VBK0331 is the complete upgrade kit including the Nyon to provide the integrated Nyon cockpit as installed on their current models.

I have one on order through LBS so will report again later.

Cheers from Down Under. Stay safe, we are doing so here.
I am still waiting on the Nyon upgrade for my Delite but have just acquired a Roadster Vario with the Nyon display and certainly the Nyon is a significant upgrade from the Kiox. The Delite is still my multi-purpose bike but the Roadster is more sporty and great for local commuting. I suspect my wife will also do a lot of miles on the Roadster so good to have it as an option. I was a little concerned as to how the Vario would compare with the Rohloff but so far it works well and the more limited gear range does not seem to be an issue recognising that the Roadster is primarily intended for use on smoother surfaces.

Distance vision is fine but with age my reading vision has suffered. Might have to just get over it & just don the bifocals when riding 👓. thank you for your detailed reply
My eyes have aged the same. When out on the bike I wear safety glasses that have 'reader' lenses. I can see my Kiox and the outside world. Have a look at 'voltx safety' on Amazon... (there are lots of other makes). To read I use x2.5 reading glasses, but on the bike... well I first used x1.5, which were perfect for seeing the Kiox, but I eventually settled on x2.0 as in daylight the eye's are good to see the Kiox/world and read menus and stuff.

Wearing my bifocals on the bike means the bugs, dust, wind & rain will get their way with me. I've tried several sets of safety glasses over 30 years & found an arcylic medical type.. at AUD$20 they perfect ... except no bifocal model. You've done the yards here and I thank you for posting! Will check them out. PS still checking out the Nyon today...

Ha ha! 👍 Thank you! Purchasd acrylic workshop bifocal protective glasses. The best of what is offer at stores here. The bifocal magnification is quite good however the rest of the lens at standard vision is not clear compared to other safety glasses I've used, eg the medical and other workshop variety I've had over the years - I put that down to the fabrication of the product. In saying the bifocal part is good for moi it's still too slim in height for me. Dust and wind protection is very good so they are doing for now until / if I do the online roulette thing.

Depends on what you're asking:
- The Display by itself is $314
- The Bosch aftermarket kit is $367
- The R&M Cockpit conversion kit is $474
Hi. Does the R&M kit include everything, including the Nyon? I have a 2019 Homage with Kiox and E-14 Rohloff. Can you please tell me what I would have to order to get this to work? Do I have to go through my LBS for parts? Can I do the installation myself? Are there any special instructions or any instructions at all? Thanks for any and all the info you can provide.

Hi. Does the R&M kit include everything, including the Nyon? I have a 2019 Homage with Kiox and E-14 Rohloff. Can you please tell me what I would have to order to get this to work? Do I have to go through my LBS for parts? Can I do the installation myself? Are there any special instructions or any instructions at all? Thanks for any and all the info you can provide.
It did at the time of that post, but it looks like they've changed it since. The mount is now $47.00USD and the display is sold separately.

:edit: Still waiting on confirmation, but it looks like these new kits from R&M do not include the Nyon display mount either, just the proprietary R&M bits. Making it look like you have to purchase an entire Nyon Retrofit Kit ($367USD) AND the $47.00USD kit from R&M to do the conversion.

Last edited:
My LBS (Australia) can get the Nyon but R&M are currently unable to supply the kit as it's a proprietary mount. To do this on my Super Delite at the moment, LBS advise it means a new stem and pulling things down. I'll need to stick with the Kiox for now. I read in few places (sorry can't recall where atm) that if it is a Kiox to Nyon upgrade it can be without involving LBS.

Last edited:
Back