Nyon Upgrade for Delite

The kit comes with pictured instructions and you can update the firmware of the Nyon via Wifi. I can't think of anything that would stop you from doing the conversion at home.

It did at the time of that post, but it looks like they've changed it since. The mount is now $47.00USD and the display is sold separately.

:edit: Still waiting on confirmation, but it looks like these new kits from R&M do not include the Nyon display mount either, just the proprietary R&M bits. Making it look like you have to purchase an entire Nyon Retrofit Kit ($367USD) AND the $47.00USD kit from R&M to do the conversion.
This is correct. But I think you only get the Bosch Nyon Display for $367 and that will not include the wires or controls. The RM cockpit kits for the Nyon will be separate item and should be available sooner than the Nyon display. Kiox to Nyon should be part # VBK0331 and JV is correct with the prices. If you special order, you will be paying for shipping cost from Germany to your LBS. This is not cheap.

If your LBS has the Bosch Nyon display available, grab it. The wait times: July to August for us in the USA.

1620428627334.png

Easy to do retro-fit from Kiox to Nyon. Wifi will update the firmware and software as JV mention. No need to bring into you shop.

View attachment 86907

Easy to do retro-fit from Kiox to Nyon. Wifi will update the firmware and software as JV mention. No need to bring into you shop.
Glad you were able to source one!

We've reached out to R&M for clarification as to whether or not the attached piece is included in the new kits (VBK0372) and also reached out to Bosch to see if it can be sourced by itself if it turns out not to be included.

Really hoping an entire Retrofit Kit isn't required for this one part + the display.

Attachments

• IMG_2404.jpg
    IMG_2404.jpg
    581.8 KB · Views: 299
Last edited:
I was told from more than one knowledgeable source (which I know @JVBulman qualifies as) that the new Nyon does need to be brought in to the shop so that the bike can be attached to Bosch diagnostic system and the Nyon needs to be registered to the bike using the Bosch software which is only available in a certified Bosch facility. That was definitely not true of the earlier Nyon version which I installed entirely on my own and worked right away without any motor firmware handshake needed to establish communication between them.

Was the information given me about the new Nyon requiring an office visit not accurate?

I was told from more than one knowledgeable source (which I know @JVBulman qualifies as) that the new Nyon does need to be brought in to the shop so that the bike can be attached to Bosch diagnostic system and the Nyon needs to be registered to the bike using the Bosch software which is only available in a certified Bosch facility. That was definitely not true of the earlier Nyon version which I installed entirely on my own and worked right away without any motor firmware handshake needed to establish communication between them.

Was the information given me about the new Nyon requiring an office visit not accurate?
That can sometimes be the case - the Nyon will show a message asking to be hooked up to the diagnostic software - but we've only seen it happen once or twice across seven or eight conversions.

My wild guess is that maybe you get that message when you're switching from one of the older displays such as the Intuvia or Purion, but unfortunately I can't recall if that was the case the times we saw it. I will say I did a Kiox-to-Nyon swap today and it did not give me that message and ran just fine without being updated via wifi or the diagnostic.

That can sometimes be the case - the Nyon will show a message asking to be hooked up to the diagnostic software - but we've only seen it happen once or twice across seven or eight conversions.

My wild guess is that maybe you get that message when you're switching from one of the older displays such as the Intuvia or Purion, but unfortunately I can't recall if that was the case the times we saw it. I will say I did a Kiox-to-Nyon swap today and it did not give me that message and ran just fine without being updated via wifi or the diagnostic.
Thanks. My swap was Purion to to Nyon which required a different cable, unlike a Kiox to Nyon swap.

Back