New X Tour / Crosstour - anyone place a pre order???

LMAO- was going to suggest single speed via an IGH….
-BB (still my long term plan of record!)

In their last email update WW said the UC Pro and X-Tour frames would (hopefully) be delivered around mid February.
I'm really looking forward to this, as I've worked out an agreement with Pushkar to return my present old-framed UC Pro for a new-framed Pro, in a smaller size and with a Kindernay hub. I'm also considering ordering an X-Tour for my wife.....and I occasionally might ride it too ;)
Since the X-Tour will be throttle only power I hope Pushkar offers a motorcycle styled twist-grip throttle.

In their last email update WW said the UC Pro and X-Tour frames would (hopefully) be delivered around mid February.
I'm really looking forward to this, as I've worked out an agreement with Pushkar to return my present old-framed UC Pro for a new-framed Pro, in a smaller size and with a Kindernay hub. I'm also considering ordering an X-Tour for my wife.....and I occasionally might ride it too ;)
Since the X-Tour will be throttle only power I hope Pushkar offers a motorcycle styled twist-grip throttle.
You can easily add one if he doesn’t. I may sell my Buzzraw for this bike. Not sure yet.

A question on this type of ebike: can a rider get power from the motor from pedalling and/or using the throttle, or is it just throttle?

Given the past history on this, I would not expect to hear anything until he has completed and fully tested a prototype and has everything lined up to deliver it.
One can't have it both ways, push someone for answering question at uncertain early times, than blame him later for not delivering on his earlier words :)
So, at this time, I would say Patience is of the essence :)

Given the past history on this, I would not expect to hear anything until he has completed and fully tested a prototype and has everything lined up to deliver it.
One can't have it both ways, push someone for answering question at uncertain early times, than blame him later for not delivering on his earlier words :)
So, at this time, I would say Patience is of the essence :)
You say that, but you can purchase it from their website, with shipping ready to begin in 75 days. If you are selling something, you should know what you are selling. If it is in prototype phase, without a list of the components then I can completely understand, but if you are selling it and putting a price on it, then you should have a good idea as to what it is going to go on the bike. If you are taking people's money on it, then it should be past the prototype phase. Otherwise, you could end up with another Atom where the customer ends up with no belt, not the rack advertised, not the light promised, etc. But as you say, given the past history on this.....

You say that, but you can purchase it from their website, with shipping ready to begin in 75 days.
That is not what I see when I go to the site, I see Coming soon, out of stock, and launching spring 22. You can't configure it, and there is only a rendering, no real picture.

This is what I am seeing in the page. Maybe I am in the wrong. The only one marked coming soon on my website is the helios. Maybe I am on the wrong thread.

Attachments

• 0FD075F7-9C72-44A7-9DF9-F454A47D78AA.png
    0FD075F7-9C72-44A7-9DF9-F454A47D78AA.png
    179.5 KB · Views: 199
  • B5D09D9C-01A1-46A3-90F0-1C10567E55FB.png
    B5D09D9C-01A1-46A3-90F0-1C10567E55FB.png
    176.2 KB · Views: 195
OK, MY BAD, I am the one in the Wrong Thread :)
I was talking about the Helios .... my apologies

It’s my understanding the bike has both PAS and throttle, just like the Hydra.
That's good news. If it was just throttle it would be a pass for me.....or should I say my wife, as the bike would be mainly for her so we could do longer rides together.

I like where they are going with this high power cruiser styled, long range bike, just hoped there's a gates belt option with IGH that doesnt break the bank as there would be nothing like this in the market......was looking to add to my new Hydra that just came in this week with something like the Ariel Rider D-Class ($2700) just to cruise around town comfortably around town for 2 adults or 2 small kids.

Pushkar has been mum on the Cross Tour's components, but he did tell me in a phone conversation a couple of weeks ago that he's was in the process of getting at least one Cross Tour (or is that X-Tour) painted and built.
Hopefully, it won't be long now......

If you're buying a bike based on renders and promises from Pushkar having seen the issues they've had fulfilling Hydras, let alone the "off the plan" bikes they were selling two years ago that still have people demanding refunds while being ignored, I think you've got rocks in your head.
If these bikes ever ship (and they should knowing that this isn't a unique platform), there's absolutely bugger-all chance of the 75 day deadline being met. A sincere good luck to all of you though - I hope I'm wrong!

Back