New Stromer ST5 LTD

TRP four piston pads I don't know which ones they use though. A bleed kit for TRP should work.

Or take benefit from the extraordinary effective and scalable motor brake. Once you learn to use it, you'll never want to lose it.

I'm also still curious, what competitors in the market field of Stromer (45km/h commuter bike with gearless hub drive) are active in the US.

Once again a picture provided by the company. And of course, even Stromer did not invent fully wireless brakes. Despite the motor brake, the hydraulic brake system remain present.

ST5_LTD_parking.jpg

That e-bike is illegal in EU.

Yes, in fact, citizens in Europe do heavily suffer from the overwhelming EU bureaucracy.

Stromer, as a small company, is strongly affected from the EU regulations. To bring their bikes on the market, the had to register the company as a "Vehicle Manufacturer" in the EU. Next, every single version of a model needs to be officially certified. This must be done from scratch even if just a already approved component is mounted. The consumers pay all these extra-costs.

Lucky, the positive aspect is, all Stromer are street legal in EU (and of course in the unbound european countries also). If you want to investigate deeper, the relevant vehicle category is called L1e-B.

Yes, in fact, citizens in Europe do heavily suffer from the overwhelming EU bureaucracy.

Stromer, as a small company, is strongly affected from the EU regulations. To bring their bikes on the market, the had to register the company as a "Vehicle Manufacturer" in the EU. Next, every single version of a model needs to be officially certified. This must be done from scratch even if just a already approved component is mounted. The consumers pay all these extra-costs.

Lucky, the positive aspect is, all Stromer are street legal in EU (and of course in the unbound european countries also). If you want to investigate deeper, the relevant vehicle category is called L1e-B.

They can afford hiring some lobbyists and have them change the laws there. Or maybe that's not how the laws are changed in Eu ? But thousands are legally riding illegal speed pedelecs in Belgium , Netherlands , Germany and other EU states not countries !

Just watched Court’s review of the ST3. Is it true that the display does not provide a range estimate? If so, that is very disappointing for such an expensive bike! Is the ST5 the same?

Just watched Court’s review of the ST3. Is it true that the display does not provide a range estimate? If so, that is very disappointing for such an expensive bike! Is the ST5 the same?

All OMNI C have the same functionality - and the "est. remaining range" is part of it.

What kind of Stromer do you ride?

All OMNI C have the same functionality - and the "est. remaining range" is part of it.

What kind of Stromer do you ride?
I don’t. I thought Court’s review said the ST3 does not display range On the display.

I wonder what brand pads it uses? also what bleed kit do you need?

Tektro / TRP are made in the same factory.

These HD944 uses Tektro Hydraulic Hose Kit Brake Disc HYD Hose Kit Draco/Auriga Comp-ws 1800mm
The HD944 has a open vent reservoir I haven't seen anything that can interface with the vent cap.
Shimano makes a very expensive kit to bleed these type of brakes.
Shimano TL-BT03 Disc Brake Bleed Tool Kit (3rd gen.)

I just pushed fluid through the bottom until it leaks out through the top reservoir vent hole.

Same pads as Shimano Saint BR-M810 Zee BR-M640

There's no need to buy THE $25 versions... can be had for as cheap as $8 a set. (I'm running those.)

I tried 4 different brands to try to cur down on the squealing, but ultimately I had to reface the brake posts.
The factory posts were not square and could not achieve perpendicularity with the axle.
(Now I own the tool Disc Brake Mount Facing Set.

Tektro / TRP are made in the same factory.

These HD944 uses Tektro Hydraulic Hose Kit Brake Disc HYD Hose Kit Draco/Auriga Comp-ws 1800mm
The HD944 has a open vent reservoir I haven't seen anything that can interface with the vent cap.
Shimano makes a very expensive kit to bleed these type of brakes.
Shimano TL-BT03 Disc Brake Bleed Tool Kit (3rd gen.)

I just pushed fluid through the bottom until it leaks out through the top reservoir vent hole.

Same pads as Shimano Saint BR-M810 Zee BR-M640

There's no need to buy THE $25 versions... can be had for as cheap as $8 a set. (I'm running those.)

I tried 4 different brands to try to cur down on the squealing, but ultimately I had to reface the brake posts.
The factory posts were not square and could not achieve perpendicularity with the axle.
(Now I own the tool Disc Brake Mount Facing Set.

Good information.

Unfortunately I also have some squeaks when I brake but I am hoping that it won't come to resurfacing the brake posts. It is really disappointing that you needed to resurface a bike costs this much. Good thing is the regen braking usually eliminates the need for the brakes.

Good information.

Unfortunately I also have some squeaks when I brake but I am hoping that it won't come to resurfacing the brake posts. It is really disappointing that you needed to resurface a bike costs this much. Good thing is the regen braking usually eliminates the need for the brakes.
yes I cant imagine having to do that on such a high end bike.

yes I cant imagine having to do that on such a high end bike.

Due to the excellent motor brake, the mechanical brake is only rarely in use. Depending the environment (humidity / ºC) the Stromer is, the annoying noise is inevitable. Some people swear on the organic SwissStop brake pads. Give them a try.

Or take benefit from the extraordinary effective and scalable motor brake. Once you learn to use it, you'll never want to lose it.

I'm also still curious, what competitors in the market field of Stromer (45km/h commuter bike with gearless hub drive) are active in the US.

Once again a picture provided by the company. And of course, even Stromer did not invent fully wireless brakes. Despite the motor brake, the hydraulic brake system remain present.

That's a fantastic looking bike and I am sure it would perform just as well. If only Stromer could make electronic glitches go away ... and bring the price down to <10K, it would be a killer commuter bike.

Good information.

Well, even my regen is set to max
Good information.

I would disagree. My ST5 regen is set to max and at the speeds I'm rolling there's no way I would not be using the front brakes.

Even if regen is soo good, it's like saying you don't need front brakes. That's just not true.
How are you going to stop from 30mph with only regen? (Yes given enough distance...) that's just not realistic in a urban setting.

Even if regen is soo good, it's like saying you don't need front brakes.

I didn't say that, I am using the word "usually" not always. I definitely use the brakes, just not too often with regen. I also try to plan my speed accordingly to minimize braking.

That being said, maybe you can teach me how to hard stop with both brakes going 30mph while not getting thrown over the handlebars. Even at 17 it is very hard to stay on the bike on a hard brake.

Back