M2S Bikes All Terrain Electric Fat Bike

m2sbikes

We're excited to launch our new fat bike that features a 750 watt rear hub Bafang motor and 17 amp hour 48 volt battery integrated into the downtube. The bike also comes stock with 4.5 inch tires, hydraulic disc brakes and 8-speed Shimano gear set. Optional upgrades include racks, panniers and a fat-tire beach trailer. You can check it out and grab one of five "early bird" specials for just $1050 using this special offer link: https://www.indiegogo.com:443/projects/1865656/x/12596322?secret_perk_token=f7ba4f9d

pw1t5fxjtae6bi0r533k.jpg

Nice looking bike! Why did you use a rear hub motor instead of bafang's mid drive?

Thanks. We opted to go with the rear hub for a couple of reasons, but primarily because it allowed us to produce a more affordable bike that had more power. We were initially going to offer both options, but for marketing purposes, especially during a crowdfunding campaign, it just got really complicated to try and explain the benefits of a mid-drive motor with less perceived power than to just offer a single version at first with the rear hub motor. We opted to spend the extra costs and the larger battery as longer ride times seem to be of high importance.

Personally, the mid-drive fat bike is my favorite ride and one that I truly believe is the future of the industry thanks to the ability to leverage the gears with the power of the motor. One limiting factor that I found though was the range. We hope to get that worked out and plan to offer it for sale next spring through our website and retail partners. For now we're excited to be producing a very high quality bike with a lot of power and range at a very affordable price point.

Last edited:
That's unfortunate, and another reminder to stay with brands that have a reputation. Unfortunately almost all Ebikes were either assembled entirely in China or use chinese made components if they are assembled elsewhere.

j. petersen- I am sorry to hear about M2s bikes quality are not so good. Looks like a lot of poor build quality and neglect on the mfg process. I thought the carbon ebike they offered had a lot of strong points and good build quality. If you had that much bad experience with 3, that is far too many red flags. I may opt for a similar ebike from Surface604, however, it is much more $$$. Thanks for the heads up. Hope you get the issue rectified. Good Luck.

@bob armani & @MLB, many customers have had excellent experiences with M2S bikes. Please don't pan this brand simply because one person keeps spamming hostile posts. I've contacted M2S and they are working to resolve this customer's issues.

@bob armani & @MLB, many customers have had excellent experiences with M2S bikes. Please don't pan this brand simply because one person keeps spamming hostile posts. I've contacted M2S and they are working to resolve this customer's issues.

Okay Ann, point well taken. Glad to hear you were able to contact M2S and assist with the issue.

That's unfortunate, and another reminder to stay with brands that have a reputation. Unfortunately almost all Ebikes were either assembled entirely in China or use Chinese made components if they are assembled elsewhere.

Almost all bike frames and components are made in China or Taiwan. The bias against their quality should be relative to the market they are trying to serve and the "price is king" mentality of many buyers. Also remember that the explosive growth markets like Eastern Europe, South America and other locations are where people can't afford cars or much else. The high demand for cheap bikes/transportation in those areas is often the catalyst for many of the inferior e-bike companies to get into the business. Most of these companies in China simply don't understand the U.S. market and they use the same "lowest price" and "flood the market" approach here that works elsewhere.

I'm starting a new e-bike company and quality is and has always been my biggest concern. In fact, I somewhat shared your opinion based on the bikes sold on Alibaba. Then I started looking deeper and after four months was able to locate and verify the quality of the assembly facility I use - they make all the bikes for Europe's version of the Sharper Image catalog. Then they flew to Interbike in Vegas to meet with me and had an engineer and account rep available to accompany me to every meeting with the major component manufacturers. The engineer checked specs and the rep worked the sales angles. It was awesome! In total, they have six full-time engineers with over 100 years of experience in designing bikes and e-bikes and integrating new technology. When I added Bafang bottom bracket torque sensors to all four of my bike models, engineers from Bafang met with "my" engineers in person over two days then returned to Bafang and made torque sensors specific to each e-bike. It delayed production by 6 weeks, but the quality of service and assembly is unmatched.

Yes there are some very cheap bikes made in China, but there are also some very good companies who are quality focused and test every component and battery used. I love my Chinese "partners," their passion for electric bikes, their pride in their craftsmanship, their willingness to pay more for better workers and their commitment to customers. Plus, they are just really good people. The type of positive energy people I like being around.

I'm sorry about the rant, but saying all e-bikes made in China or with Chinese parts are inferior is really unfair to those of us who do it the right way - and that is nearly every major brand of bike and e-bike out there.

I just think it's time to stop blaming the manufacturers and put the blame where it should be - on the re-sellers who put price and profit margin ahead of quality. For example, every one of my bikes was designed by my manufacturer to sell for $300 less than my cost, but I upgraded just about every component and part. Any brand can do that, some just don't want to spend that money even though they charge as if they did.

Just my two cents after pursuing this dream for over nine months and having many of my own misconceptions and myths shattered.

Hmm, well first of all, looping in China and Taiwan together in terms of quality is a mistake. Most stuff made in Taiwan is on par with Japan or South Korea. China is the wild wild west. As you mentioned, they can sometimes produce good parts, and are also willing to produce junk if that is what the buyer wants (or they think they can get away with it). Well known companies in Japan or Taiwan wouldn't do that for fear of damaging their reputation, but that doesn't apply to no-brand goods from China. I don't have personal experience with Bafang, but I have seen some tear-downs of the motors and it did not look pretty, with bad soldering, etc.

Back