Ultimate Electric Bike - long range, high power, all terrain all weather bike, no registration...

A little guidance on the idea of touring around with a trailer ...

Pay close attention to his care in weight saving. Notice that most of his "on the road" examples are actually off road and on bike paths/trails.

Take one of these on most long distance roads in the North America and it will eventually end up in little teeny pieces scattered all over the road. I think you'd be lucky to survive it.

"The road not taken' or less traveled because it is winding and interesting, People these days do not seem to enjoy the ride, one of my 'chums' was having conniption fits because I was traveling about 35-40 mph on a country road because it was "terra incognita" for Me( as the old "Nissan" commercial sez" enjoy the ride".)
I hate the dam interstate; there´s just nothing pleasant about driving on one. Maybe in a bus where i´d
be a spectator relaxed & taking in the scenery, but not while clinging to the wheel at 70, & most
certainly not stuck in urban rush hour. Thatś what hell must be like.

A little guidance on the idea of touring around with a trailer ...

Pay close attention to his care in weight saving. Notice that most of his "on the road" examples are actually off road and on bike paths/trails.

Take one of these on most long distance roads in the North America and it will eventually end up in little teeny pieces scattered all over the road. I think you'd be lucky to survive it.
I admit to hesitation when if comes to trailers, but there are limits to what I can haul on the bike. If I
use 4 panniers, inframe, & what I can tie on the racks, I can carry all the toys & creature comforts
needed, but spare batteries are out, having already exceeded my frame limit. I have two trailers,
the smaller of which is more practical,( 45 pd, load). The larger will handle 90, but for how long?
It´s quite possible that either one could fail over X miles. I think I could get by with just 25 pds.
on the smaller one if I leave the inflatable corracle & my beautiful carved cedar paddle behind.☹️

BUDGET: 15 000 Euros (around 17 000 USD)
THE AIM: Build a highly reliable, long range, high power, all terrain, all weather bike....

Hello, I have a question:
1. Can you build a bike that is 10 000 watts?
2. Can you reduce power down to 1000 Watts for light cruising speeds on the road so it is still legal
3. Has storage for many battery packs on the back so it can go very long distances.
4. Instead of 5 or 10 battery packs, can you build 1 big battery pack?
6. Could such a bike pull a trailer?
7. Can you make that bike drive on its own without peddling at all?
8. How many miles could it do without any peddling and just using its own power?
9. How big of a trailer could it pull legally I mean the volume, are there some limitations? Or can you just pull a huge bike...
10. Could that trailer be long and have a bunch of solar panels on it and provide let's say 500W of power on a sunny day or somewhat higher to make it easier to ride?
11. Could somehow the rear tire be modified be turned into a track, sort of like a ski jet?
12. Could the trailer be quipped with a gasoline motor sort of like an ATV to provide extra boost in off-road environment or snowy terrain? (this is extremely practical and would not be used on the road at all, so the bike is still legal?!)

I am asking this because I have saved some money and I want to go around the world with a bike and a small trailer where I would store a tent and food and other important things like clothes and some food.
THE AIM: Build a highly reliable, long range, high power, all terrain, all weather bike.... Not an electric motorcycle so (one can still pedal it and it is legal without registration)

Please share your thoughts and enumerate answers so that we know about which part (aspect) of the idea you are referring to. I am sure there are many people out there who would want a bike that can go anywhere as far as they want under any conditions.
I had a recent conference call with the CPSC based on my effort to get the 3-class state regulations preempted. Interestingly they will not execute a "rule making decision" because they view their LSEB definition as a bike and the eBike classes the states have adopted as unique mutually exclusive products. I did anticipate this as a possible outcome given the regulatory agencies tend to be very strict when the carve out a product definition and safety regulations.

I am planning to make more information on this available to the industry and I expect that it will create a lot of debate.

Back