looks like trek is jumping onto the moped style bikes

I can see the advantages buying one from trek and it has a torque sensor. but the range seems pretty optimistic.

I don't like those bikes, but if that's the style, maybe they don't care about range for throttle only riding. Still beats a truck for joyrides.

It looks like the brand has lost any sense of the direction.

I cannot wait for sponsored articles like "Ponto Go! Has Been Elected The Best Moped Style E-Bike Of The World" :D (Reminds me of the Specialized Globe Haul ST "chinese crap cargo e-bike" story).

There just chasing the market. I hate the look (and sound) of most of the popular ebikes nowadays, but that seems to be what the people want. So, Trek is just bowing to market pressure. That PR pic of riding 2-up sure looks appealing. I wont be critical until I do a test ride.

Perhaps true, but "England will never exit the E.U . " either . Never is a very long time...
Art,
Britain has exited Europe on the volition of more than the half of the voters. Some of us say "The UK is the U.S. if Europe". I travel to the UK often and it is not Europe for me :) Why should I need a passport to travel inside the Europe? The best proof is a bank transfer reaches the recipient inside the Europe on the same day but it takes three days to reach a British bank.

Why do I say it? Because I am sure the UK will gladly adopt the Trek Chinese e-bike soon :)

Going farther. Is Russia in Europe? I do not think so. Is Belarus in Europe? Oh well, why the Nyon maps do not work there?

"Never" is a strong qualifier indeed. I'd say first Trek adopts other 7 e-bike motor systems before EU would allow the throttle and 750 W Chinese motors :D

nice and functional as a car or moped replacement at that price point. I’ll have to try out one of the those flat seats but doesn’t look comfortable. As long as you don’t need insurance and registration for these types of bikes they will keep kicking them out Bd people will keep buying them because they are so much cheaper than mopeds all in costs. And you get to use sidewalks and bike paths.

The problem with this type of ebike is they're not very much fun to pedal because of the way the rider sits. Consequently, most riders will mainly use the throttle and then the bike becomes more of a e-moped than an e-bike.
Having said that, I wouldn't buy one, but I think they look kinda cool.

Back