Issues with the Turbo Creo SL (all variants)

The screw is intact, still there. The cover popped out due to poor cable routing of the the brake cable. My LBS said the cable is already in when the bike was given to them, they just trimmed it. They will be routing a new cable at my convenience.

Attached is the photo showing bad routing (bent/angled) of the brake cable (top) in relation to the properly routed derailleur cable (bottom).

If they remove the cover when doing the new cable run install it should be going smoothly.

My Evo has an annoying knocking sound in the area of the head tube/down tube when riding over rough surfaces.
I'm wondering if it is related to the Future shock, or if it's emanating from the battery compartment.
Has anyone noticed the same?
Apart from the knocking sound, the bike is fantastic, especially on the long , steep hills on my doorstep in the Yorkshire Dales.

Yes, a double chain ring would be better. I'm guessing the motor would need to be a bit slimmer in order to get a double chain ring. I would think it's a chain line issue. For MTB a single ring makes sense, but I'm not sold on a single ring for a road bike.

I'm curious why you say this?

I've been riding an MTB on road (Bulls E-Stream EVO 2 hardtail, with slimmed down tires) for about 6K miles. It has two chainrings in the front and I NEVER use the smaller one. (OK, when my battery died once I needed the lower ring. But other than that - NEVER.) In fact, I've often wanted a larger ring when my RPMs get too high. So when I saw the Creo only has one chainring my first thought was - great, that makes sense. Less weight for something I'll never use.

Thanks for your advice!

I'm curious why you say this?

I've been riding an MTB on road (Bulls E-Stream EVO 2 hardtail, with slimmed down tires) for about 6K miles. It has two chainrings in the front and I NEVER use the smaller one. (OK, when my battery died once I needed the lower ring. But other than that - NEVER.) In fact, I've often wanted a larger ring when my RPMs get too high. So when I saw the Creo only has one chainring my first thought was - great, that makes sense. Less weight for something I'll never use.

Thanks for your advice!
Because with a single ring up front the spread of gears on the cassette is wider. My Cervelo has a 10 speed cassette that is 11-28, whereas the Creo has an 11 speed but is 11-42. There are simply more gaps in the cassette. If there were two rings up front on the Creo then I could use a cassette that had fewer gaps i.e. 11-28 and that would keep me in the cadence I want better. Maybe it's something you feel you don't need, but I do. Not everyone likes the same thing.

I now have a gravel bike, fat bike and Vado ebike with single chain ring. With proper cassette ratios on the back, which all my bikes came with fortunately, I find the 1x a real nice setup to ride. And the couple of rides on the Creo have been very satisfying on flats and steep hills.

I now have a gravel bike, fat bike and Vado ebike with single chain ring. With proper cassette ratios on the back, which all my bikes came with fortunately, I find the 1x a real nice setup to ride. And the couple of rides on the Creo have been very satisfying on flats and steep hills.

Hi Jimbo
Just wondering if you've felt any knocking/rattling noises in the area of the head/down tube when riding over rougher surfaces?
I'm finding the noise really annoying!
Andy

Hi Jimbo
Just wondering if you've felt any knocking/rattling noises in the area of the head/down tube when riding over rougher surfaces?
I'm finding the noise really annoying!
Andy
I had an annoying rattle that I traced to the TCU cables. If you remove the TCU from the top tube, you will find there are two cables but only one is connected (to the motor?). The loose end of the second was bouncing around when I rode over rough surfaces. I solved the rattle by wrapping the loose cable in a rag. No rattle since.

I had an annoying rattle that I traced to the TCU cables. If you remove the TCU from the top tube, you will find there are two cables but only one is connected (to the motor?). The loose end of the second was bouncing around when I rode over rough surfaces. I solved the rattle by wrapping the loose cable in a rag. No rattle since.

Brill!
Many thanks for the advice Dave.
I'll let you know how I go on with it.
Andy

Sorted the rattly sound! Top man Dave! I taped the cables, together with a piece of bubblewrap. Many thanks for the advice. :)

e-bike_rattle-knock-offender_P5050023.jpg

I think it's for a remote mode control (like the Levo SL).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 1.08.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 1.08.57 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 620
I think it's for a remote mode control (like the Levo SL).
I've wondered about that extra connection. It either had to be a connection for the TCD-W or a connection for a remote mode selection switch. If it is for the remote mode control, perhaps one can purchase the remote control and mount it on the Creo bars at a more accessible location.

One caveat for the E5 (Aluminum version). There is no cable port on the right side of the bike so adding a dropper cable (or this cable for the switch) is going to be hard. Unrelated note, the E5 has headshock 1.5 which basically means no adjustable damping or lockout.

One caveat for the E5 (Aluminum version). There is no cable port on the right side of the bike so adding a dropper cable (or this cable for the switch) is going to be hard. Unrelated note, the E5 has headshock 1.5 which basically means no adjustable damping or lockout.
I went and looked at my E5 and, yes you are correct about no port on the right but there is an unused port on the left of the top tube so I wonder if that is for adding the remote module? Would definitely be the wrong place for a dropper post.
65B5AF3B-7BEF-459F-BCF7-90DDB1E4CDD1.jpeg

Back