Issues with the Turbo Creo SL (all variants)

Any mountain bike 29er boost 110mm front / 148mm rear wheelset will work, provided you use a 15x110mm adapter. The MTBtools 15x100mm adapter can be special ordered on eBay with the extra 10mm length. Basically, the world is your oyster. You may need a 6 bolt Shimano rotor with a magnet for some wheelsets.

I have an Industry Nine / Atomic carbon 29er wheelset for mine and a DT 27.5 wheelset to fit as well.

I have been looking for just such an adapter and gave up thinking one did not exist. Thanks for the information, I'll do some more searching.

I was looking for adapters as well a month ago and did not found anything.
Yesterday I saw them in several german bike webshops, I'm not sure they are new there or if I was blind before:

I was also asking my wheel builder and hear clearly advised against that solution. Of course he also wanted to sell my new wheels but I had the impression, that new wheels with the wider hubs are really better.

I think if you're starting from scratch, sure wheels that fit without an adapter are better, but I have a spare set of wheels for my 27.5" MTB so I already have the wheels. The rear fits without an adapter, I just need one of the front. Way cheaper for me to just get an adapter.

But if you don't have the wheels already, yeah I would agree.

Any mountain bike 29er boost 110mm front / 148mm rear wheelset will work, provided you use a 15x110mm adapter. The MTBtools 15x100mm adapter can be special ordered on eBay with the extra 10mm length. Basically, the world is your oyster. You may need a 6 bolt Shimano rotor with a magnet for some wheelsets.

I have an Industry Nine / Atomic carbon 29er wheelset for mine and a DT 27.5 wheelset to fit as well.
Thanks very much, I just ordered the adapter last night and requested the 110 mm width. I am looking forward to getting it.

Given I already have a set of 27.5" MTB wheels that I got on close out because of the narrow rim this makes way more sense. Plus with a rim that is too narrow for current MTB trends is a perfect size for gravel tires.

Spending $30 on this adapter is way better than buying a new set of wheels!

My DT Swiss wheels arrived today. As soon as the smoke over Vancouver dissipates, I’ll head out for a ride and report back.
2C9D31B6-CC19-4E76-B685-B2E74B263BB2.jpeg

As described in post #62 above Mrs e-levity and I switched from the Praxis Wave chainrings to conventional Narrow-Wide chainrings. We were not experiencing significant problems with chain drop, but wanted lower gearing and chose to go with tried-and-true NW rings. We just returned from our first ride with 42t and 44t NW rings and they seemed smoother and quieter than the Praxis 46t ring.

When you changed to NW chainring, I assume you had to replace the chain ring bolts also? Which NW chainring did you go with?

When you changed to NW chainring, I assume you had to replace the chain ring bolts also? Which NW chainring did you go with?
Yes, the OEM Praxis chainring is threaded with screws that attach directly so we had to buy standard chainring bolts.

We ordered 42t and 44t Founo narrow/wide 110 BCD chainrings on eBay for ~$20 each.

Measuring the thickness of the chainring and spider I settled on bolts with a 4.9mm extension (~$8/set): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TYD3PXK/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_api_i_hZyyFbHWXMCH0

So far, so good.

I have encountered two new problems with my Creo and I've updated my original post to add these:

4. Futureshock rocks

In our recent ride, during take off on an incline, the fork turned left while handlebar still points straight forward. Thankfully, I'm not in a downhill or something. After slightly tightening the bolts, there is a forward rocking motion every time I apply the front brake.

5. Dropper post seized

The X-Fusion dropper post no longer drops. I was told by my Specialized dealership that I am another one that has the X-Fusion problem wherein the cartridge is "wasted."

Arnoldc:

4 - You will need to tighten the headset retainer ring that is under the plastic flap cover. Your headset bearings are migrating in the cups causing the rocking.

Easypeasy -

5 - I prefer a nice carbon post to a dropper. The x-fusion is not known for being robust. There are rebuild options available. I also have an extra I could sell.
Rebuild video here -

Arnoldc:

4 - You will need to tighten the headset retainer ring that is under the plastic flap cover. Your headset bearings are migrating in the cups causing the rocking.

Easypeasy -

5 - I prefer a nice carbon post to a dropper. The x-fusion is not known for being robust. There are rebuild options available. I also have an extra I could sell.
Rebuild video here -
Wow, thanks so much for these information! Haven't been here regularly, apologies, if I missed your story.

My Creo is at the Specialized Elite store and they're fixing the dropper seat post, the Futureshock 2, and cabling (they said needs overhaul!). Also due for firmware update. Hoping for the best!

New member and new owner of a Creo Turbo.
Very unhappy to report the TCU has an issue on mine. Mission Control "System Event" recommended checking cables and plug connections, but all efforts didn't work.
I am now waiting on a replacement TCU from Specialized.

I 100% agree with the chain ring comments, without being able to test ride the bike, this has been the biggest disappointment with an amazing bike.

My Creo has died ! Looks like a pick up issue but because of the fire at specialized HQ been told it could be many weeks before I get any warranty authority. Not happy :(
Got a replacement for my turbo levo arriving tomorrow so let’s hope it’s ok !!
my levo been pretty faultless for 4 years

Back