Horn, Bell or Voice, how to warn others of your presence and intentions

I think I have found my new bike bell, sounds like the real thing. Just have to figure a way to turn it off, when not needed.
Awesome! Maybe have a pulley to lower the device to make contact with the wheel. I kind of want one now.

That one time... you were 🤣

On a crowded path that gets taxing fast.
A bell sound travels much further and clearer then your voice... Usually clearing a 100ft+ with a single ring
Having done both... a bell is far more effective.
And don't forget about the mommies smiling back

hmmm.. I wonder if I can set up a speaker to play a nice variable V8 rumble and tie it to my throttle rotation ?
I would prefer a recording of a Harley, especially one that can set off car alarms.

Try clear the way!!!
I've got...
crab7.gif

I am giving some more thought to getting a bell. The one that was on my Gazelle I removed because I didn't think it was all that useful.

Is there a certain aftermarket bell that people on here have really liked?

You really should listen to some. Some are louder or more pleasant than others. Some have a gear toothed arm inside so each push of the thumb give a dozen rings making for a good Doppler effect indicating you speed and direction. My favorite was a classic clown horn because it makes people smile and does not seem rude as in, Get out of my way.

You really should listen to some. Some are louder or more pleasant than others. Some have a gear toothed arm inside so each push of the thumb give a dozen rings making for a good Doppler effect indicating you speed and direction. My favorite was a classic clown horn because it makes people smile and does not seem rude as in, Get out of my way.
Good thoughts, but I'm not sure how many people interpret a "ding" as "get the hell outa my way!". I imagine some people do.... but I think a simple ding is mostly taken as a polite and good-natured, "on your left". As far as getting the job done, I think any old bell, including the very inexpensive bell that came on my Rad Rover, serves the purpose on a MUP, not so much in auto traffic.

TT

I really like the sound of the Timber! and the other jangly ones.

A seed shaker instrument on the handlebars might even work well.

I have a louder than average ROCKBROS dual bell that Amazon no longer carries. Pedestrians still largely ignore it till I'm right behind them— even when by themselves with no earphones, but especially in groups.

If I had a good way to mount one, I'd try an even louder clown horn next.

Another good question is how many of you are annoying like me that when someone passes you on the left without giving any sort of notice will shout at them "pased on your right" loud enough to make sure they heard me

Back