Generic MD 1000 and HD 750 ebike model discussion

Yup, the outside diameter is 29”. Maybe even a hair more! 🤨

Thats awesome! I can roll over everything haha
If you’ve got the heart for it it’ll pull you right up a small flight of stairs. I’ve done 8 so far! It’ll do more once I get it “tuned” properly! You’ve just got to have the balls to get the front wheel up then get over the front end and hold on while you “thumb it” for all it’s got! lol

If you’ve got the heart for it it’ll pull you right up a small flight of stairs. I’ve done 8 so far! It’ll do more once I get it “tuned” properly! You’ve just got to have the balls to get the front wheel up then get over the front end and hold on while you “thumb it” for all it’s got! lol
It goes down stairs and things like that a treat too! The 4 piston breaks fairly bite on when you grab hold of them! They stop you great from speed too without locking up, the monster tyres help that too I suppose. 🙂

Guys a site I’ve found that I think some of you might find useful is

This is just a site I’ve found. I don’t know enough to say if everything is “coshsa” but the guy seems to know his stuff so use at your own risk. I’m gonna use it 🤪
I gave it a quick look and it seems applicable to the HD model only, not the Ultra. Even has a model disclaimer. There are a couple of threads here on EBR in the Bafang section that dive deep into the controller settings.

In any case, I'm sorry that you are the only MD 1000 owner posting here and appreciate your carrying the load. My bike is still sitting in Customs in LA. Apparently, they loaded the container with MD 1000's and some Delfast ebikes which uses a nonapproved Bluetooth interface. That has the entire container held up for an indeterminate period of time. I have been polite and only gently pushing Leili to move it along but they are at the mercy of their shipping agent which is an Alibaba subsidiary. Pretty f'd up situation but consistent with just about every aspect of this Pandemic ebike purchase.

The Delfast "ebike" looks more like motorcycle boasting a 50mph top speed. Guess that is a Class 4 ebike that you can legally ride ... well nowhere. I guess it's perfect for folks that want to ride really fast on their farm?
Delfast ebike.png

Last edited:
I gave it a quick look and it seems applicable to the HD model only, not the Ultra. Even has a model disclaimer. There are a couple of threads here on EBR in the Bagang section that dive deep into the controller settings.

In any case, I'm sorry that you are the only MD 1000 owner posting here and appreciate your carrying the load. My bike is still sitting in Customs in LA. Apparently, they loaded the container with MD 1000's and some Delfast ebikes which uses a nonapproved Bluetooth interface. That has the entire container held up for an indeterminate period of time. I have been polite and only gently pushing Leili to move it along but they are at the mercy of their shipping agent which is an Alibaba subsidiary. Pretty f'd up situation but consistent with just about every aspect of this Pandemic ebike purchase.

The Delfast "ebike" looks more like motorcycle boasting a 50mph top speed. Guess that is a Class 4 ebike that you can legally ride ... well nowhere. I guess it's perfect for folks that want to ride really fast on their farm?
View attachment 73125
Yes I’m speaking with the guy who writes the code or programs or whatever for the upgrades to the Bafang and he says the code for the HD model will be a little conservative for the Ultra model and I can up the settings even more if I want. I’m still waiting on my programming cable so I’ll find out exactly what I can turn up more before touch anything. I’ll probably use the HD settings to get a benchmark then go from there. I might even just leave the HD settings if I am happy with them. We’ll see though.
As to your hold up, I just “confirmed receipt” of my bike on the Alibaba site and 5 mins later got a message saying since I’ve confirmed I have my bike and all is good Alibaba will release my payment to Leili so I think Leili will be doing all they can to get your bike to you so they can get paid. Hope this puts your mind at ease a bit that they will be pushing to get you your bike ASAP.

I gave your link a quick squiz there and I’ll for sure be delving into it later! Thanks, all info is “good” info if you ask me. Can never be too prepared! 👍

One thing I am struggling to find is a decent front fender! I may buy 2 of the “mudhugger” front fenders and split them and make/botch 1 decent fender out of them. We’ll see though. Seems nigh on impossible to get anything to fit the 4.8 tyre width 🤨

Yes I’m speaking with the guy who writes the code or programs or whatever for the upgrades to the Bafang and he says the code for the HD model will be a little conservative for the Ultra model and I can up the settings even more if I want. I’m still waiting on my programming cable so I’ll find out exactly what I can turn up more before touch anything. I’ll probably use the HD settings to get a benchmark then go from there. I might even just leave the HD settings if I am happy with them. We’ll see though.
As to your hold up, I just “confirmed receipt” of my bike on the Alibaba site and 5 mins later got a message saying since I’ve confirmed I have my bike and all is good Alibaba will release my payment to Leili so I think Leili will be doing all they can to get your bike to you so they can get paid. Hope this puts your mind at ease a bit that they will be pushing to get you your bike ASAP.
Thanks, after riding the MD do you have any specific concerns about the current controller settings? I was thinking that I would ride the bike for a month or so and if I had any issues/concerns I might dive into the controller settings. Could be that I'm just old and conservative about these things but tweaking the controller settings might invalidate the warranty.

The MD 1000 warranty as described on Leili's Alibaba listing:
Q: What about your warranty?
A: Motor: 24 months
Battery: 12months
Other parts: half year

If this information is correct and if the controller is considered part of the motor, then it does have a very generous warranty. I would hate to tweak the motor settings and invalidate a 2 year motor warranty. Dealing with a Chinese manufacturer makes this all very fuzzy but for me, in this situation, the bottom line is if it ain't broke, don't fix it. YMMV

One thing I am struggling to find is a decent front fender! I may buy 2 of the “mudhugger” front fenders and split them and make/botch 1 decent fender out of them. We’ll see though. Seems nigh on impossible to get anything to fit the 4.8 tyre width 🤨
I got the fenders as well as the front and rear racks included in my purchase. This video (full screen it to view) shows a nice closeup of the front rack and fender. It appears the front rack will do most of the job of the front fender but it also provides an attachment point to better secure the provided, slightly cheesy front fender. I wasn't thinking I would even use the racks and fenders until I saw this video. I was surprised that I kinda like the look of the bike with racks and fenders.

Thanks, after riding the MD do you have any specific concerns about the current controller settings? I was thinking that I would ride the bike for a month or so and if I had any issues/concerns I might dive into the controller settings. Could be that I'm just old and conservative about these things but tweaking the controller settings might invalidate the warranty.

The MD 1000 warranty as described on Leili's Alibaba listing:
Q: What about your warranty?
A: Motor: 24 months
Battery: 12months
Other parts: half year

If this information is correct and if the controller is considered part of the motor, then it does have a very generous warranty. I would hate to tweak the motor settings and invalidate a 2 year motor warranty. Dealing with a Chinese manufacturer makes this all very fuzzy but for me, in this situation, the bottom line is if it ain't broke, don't fix it. YMMV
I got the fenders as well as the front and rear racks included in my purchase. This video (full screen it to view) shows a nice closeup of the front rack and fender. It appears the front rack will do most of the job of the front fender but it also provides an attachment point to better secure the provided, slightly cheesy front fender. I wasn't thinking I would even use the racks and fenders until I saw this video. I was surprised that I kinda like the look of the bike with racks and fenders.
No concerns, I’ve found it to be a bit of a blast tbh. The throttle is kinda violent which is fine when your looking to “wring it’s neck” but sometimes it would nice to have more of a gentle push. The throttle is not a totally on or off deal
but close to it. This can be fixed in the settings too so there is more than just “adding a turbo” to messing about with them.

Have you considered a supermoto fender custom fitted (attached) of course? I used to ride motard and the front tires are 120mm wide which is very close to 4.8". Just a thought, I'm thinking that's what may try to adapt once I get my MD1000. They look pretty cool too.

Have you considered a supermoto fender custom fitted (attached) of course? I used to ride motard and the front tires are 120mm wide which is very close to 4.8". Just a thought, I'm thinking that's what may try to adapt once I get my MD1000. They look pretty cool too.
That may be an idea buddy! I'm open to trying anything that will work at the moment. I think it will be a work in progress for quite a while yet!
I also think as you guys get your bikes there will be more of us searching things out and different things will be found. As RMK suggested, if i use the front rack that will give me a decent anchor point for the front fender but i only intend to use the front rack to carry my drone. I may end up just fitting it full time though because as RMK also said "it looks pretty cool" with the front rack fitted too! I'm just thinking out loud with a lot of these ideas too. So we'll see!

It's cool enough to get away with it as they say! 👀

Anyone have an idea what the rear axle thread is? Is it 3/8 x ??? Also, does anyone know what axle length, thread count/pitch etc is in the MD1000 with IGH? Been looking on Leili website for specs but not seeing it. I would like to find it on the Robert axle project but they don’t have one listed for the bike yet. Thanks guys!

That may be an idea buddy! I'm open to trying anything that will work at the moment. I think it will be a work in progress for quite a while yet!
I also think as you guys get your bikes there will be more of us searching things out and different things will be found. As RMK suggested, if i use the front rack that will give me a decent anchor point for the front fender but i only intend to use the front rack to carry my drone. I may end up just fitting it full time though because as RMK also said "it looks pretty cool" with the front rack fitted too! I'm just thinking out loud with a lot of these ideas too. So we'll see!

It's cool enough to get away with it as they say! 👀
I already went ahead and ordered this yesterday lol. Probably won't have the bike for months!

Anyone have an idea what the rear axle thread is? Is it 3/8 x ??? Also, does anyone know what axle length, thread count/pitch etc is in the MD1000 with IGH? Been looking on Leili website for specs but not seeing it. I would like to find it on the Robert axle project but they don’t have one listed for the bike yet. Thanks guys!

What's the Robert axle project?

Back