Generic MD 1000 and HD 750 ebike model discussion

Ha ha, well spotted! I never noticed that, my Mrs and mum are having a chuckle just now when I showed them. I FaceTimed my mum today when I was out and she said that was all she could see too. L
Ha ha, well spotted! I never noticed that, my Mrs and mum are having a chuckle just now when I showed them. I FaceTimed my mum today when I was out and she said that was all she could see too. Lol
I also think I got a bit more range left on the display today after my run more than I did yesterday. I’ll give it right good run sometime soon and post the results. I had a wee think about you wanting 60 miles on a charge and I think that will be easily achieved. I ordered a new rear light and some straps too so I’ll let you know how I go with them too.

@Terry777 How fast have you gotten it up to?

😎

E4853AB4-D16A-444B-9C73-A869029EDF62.jpeg

Your comments about being 5’10” kinda worries me. I’m about 5’9” and I want to put on the suntour ncx, is this bike not going to work out for me?

Your comments about being 5’10” kinda worries me. I’m about 5’9” and I want to put on the suntour ncx, is this bike not going to work out for me?
I don’t think 1 inch is going to break your deal. You may have longer legs than me too. It’s fine when you are on it. It’s just a high kick to get over the seat when first getting on. You could also lean it a little. I’ll get a couple photos up. If you were say 5’6” I’d be thinking your cutting it tight. It’s dark here now, tomorrow I’ll try and get a couple photos up and you’ll see how I mean. Don’t cancel your order. Lol

I’m not canceling it! lol I ordered the 750W version too. I can always flip it
I run it mostly with the front suspension locked out. If you have it set for full compression that also lowers the front end as you load it up to get on which would help lowering the top bar which is the “nut buster” part. Like I said before too you kinda know it’s a big bike, when it arrives I bet you do a “holy s*it” moment when you actually see it sitting in front of you. You’ll be fine.... I think! 😁

Terry, did you unlock the speed before your rides where you reported your mileage?
BTW, thanks for taking time to answer questions and post your impressions. :cool:

I unlocked it a somewhere in between, I think between first and second ride out. I plan on doing a decent ride out sometime in between Monday and Thursday depending on the weather. Maybe 30 miles or there about. I’ll do it mostly throttle only then do the exact same ride using pedal assist a few days later. Keep in mind I have seriously weak legs. I’ll post the results. I also checked the top bar height with the front suspension compressed and it lowers the bar massively. I’ll also try and post pictures showing this too.

What a relief to hear that the bike actually exists! After reading the review of Leili bikes from another member that lost $26k to Frank Xu, I contemplated cancelling my order, but after reading this I feel like if I can survive the wait, it will indeed show up. I spoke with a "Cindy Lan" from Changzhou Zhihong Electric Technology Co, which she tells me is the same as Changzhou Leili Vehicle Parts Co... I have no idea why they have two different company names, but when I messaged both companies she answered both chats...I ordered the MD1000 on Nov. 19th and she says it won't be here until probably late Feb (which means April lol). Have any of you dealt with Changzhou Zhihong Electric Technology? Is it indeed the same as Leili? I am 5'11" 235 and cant wait to use the bike on my backcountry hunts. Hoping it has the guts to help pull me up some nasty terrain with part of an elk on my back...

Side note, sorry this is long winded, but curious if you guys that have the bike think I could use the Bakcou trailer on this bike? Ill attach some pics of trailer mount and trailer. Any input on this would also be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• BAKCOU HITCH.png
    BAKCOU HITCH.png
    147.4 KB · Views: 339
  • Bakcou single axle trailer.png
    Bakcou single axle trailer.png
    578.9 KB · Views: 364
check your wheel size in settings, i have never heard of anyone going over 40mph on that bike unless they were going down a hill!

Terry, lots a luck w/your new toy, looks great!
PS I noticed in some photos they show the rear fender maybe 1" off the tire and in some pics like yours the rear fender sits 2-3" or more, is there a reason and or can it be adjust to sit lower on the rear tire?
Thx,
LB

Carp, I chatted with "Cindy Lan" of Changzhou Leili Vehicle Parts Co last night and ordered a MD1000 as well. I'm in NY state. Fingers crossed!!!! They told me about 25 days to build plus 35 days to ship. Good luck to us both.

Carp, I chatted with "Cindy Lan" of Changzhou Leili Vehicle Parts Co last night and ordered a MD1000 as well. I'm in NY state. Fingers crossed!!!! They told me about 25 days to build plus 35 days to ship. Good luck to us both.
I ordered mine 9/28, and was told the same for days to build. Be prepared on that being pushed 2x - 3x that timeframe.

I ordered mine 9/28, and was told the same for days to build. Be prepared on that being pushed 2x - 3x that timeframe.
Gotcha. As long as it eventually shows up and none of us get screwed over for thousands of dollars I'll be satisfied with the savings. After all, like someone here already said, they are all the exact same Chinese bikes that just get relabeled, marked up and resold here in North America.

Back