Warthog HD/MD Thread

FTH Power is getting the batteries upgraded now. I sent my batteries in as soon as I received the email and they have been returned to me, I sold the bike last week and have sent the batteries on to the new owner. He has been riding it sans motor and I think he will be impressed with the performance enhancement that the motor provides on this rather large machine ... ;-)

FTH Power is getting the batteries upgraded now. I sent my batteries in as soon as I received the email and they have been returned to me, I sold the bike last week and have sent the batteries on to the new owner. He has been riding it sans motor and I think he will be impressed with the performance enhancement that the motor provides on this rather large machine ... ;-)

FTH power is full of crap, according to FTH I was one of the first to send my batteries to them on August 11th, they are literally 10 minutes from where I work.

they have only returned 1 of them which I got last Friday. I emailed them Friday to ask where my other battery was and they told me that the other is in the repair facility but they are out of parts again.

I told them that was pure B.S. I shipped them 2 batteries together and they should have returned two batteries together. Their 7-10 days has turned into over 30 days with another 2-3 weeks "maybe" due to their lack of parts.

Having dealt with Yeili and other Chinese ebike manufacturers for the last 2 years, I am not surprised at the issues being encountered. The stocking of these "parts" for the recall/upgrade of a very specific serialized battery group would be based upon availability of these parts and, an accurate estimate from Yeili regarding all of the branded versions of bikes that are effected by this recall. In addition, not all owners with perfectly functioning batteries would want to send their batteries which renders their bikes useless for an indeterminate period of time. We have no idea how many parts were ordered nor the availability of these parts in this notorious, pandemic induced bike parts crisis.

I am inclined to give a 3rd party like FTH some latitude considering all of the issues with this type of program. :)

Having dealt with Yeili and other Chinese ebike manufacturers for the last 2 years, I am not surprised at the issues being encountered. The stocking of these "parts" for the recall/upgrade of a very specific serialized battery group would be based upon availability of these parts and, an accurate estimate from Yeili regarding all of the branded versions of bikes that are effected by this recall. In addition, not all owners with perfectly functioning batteries would want to send their batteries which renders their bikes useless for an indeterminate period of time. We have no idea how many parts were ordered nor the availability of these parts in this notorious, pandemic induced bike parts crisis.

I am inclined to give a 3rd party like FTH some latitude considering all of the issues with this type of program. :)
I would give them latitude (and have) if they did things with an ounce of common sense.

I have two batteries, as does just about everyone with these bikes, understanding that they don't want both packed in the same box, great, but they required 2 separate RMA call tags, instead of 1 RMA tag for the two boxes. which presents the exact issue I encountered. Which I knew was going to happen and is why I boxed them separate, labeled them separate, but strapped the boxes together and marked them 1 of 2 and 2 of 2.

they were received at the same time, the RMA numbers where 1 digit different and according to FTH they were to be repaired in the order received My RMA numbers were literally 0009 and 0010 that means according to their numbering scheme I was the 9th and 10th battery in the lineup, meaning there were only maybe 5 people ahead of me.

they received them on the same date and time, signed by the same guy with the same time stamp from FedEx, August 14th 10:14am they were picked up by FedEx on August 13th at 2:30pm

so why were they:

1. Not repaired immediately considering I was so low in the numbering.
2. Not repaired together since they came in together.
3. Not returned together.
4. Not Returned within the 7-10 window they guaranteed.

my bike is my daily commuter, it has been down since August 12th, I was told by "Jennifer" I would have the batteries back before August 19th, then I was told August 28th, Then I was told September 9th (actually received 1 on the 10th), now I am being told maybe September 24th for the second.

7-10 days my ass, that is 6 weeks.

and to make it worse they don't bother to inform you that the item has shipped back AND requires a signature. No tracking, no notification that they have shipped it back, so if no one is home when FedEx comes you're assed out. I was lucky that my neighbor was home when they rang my ring doorbell, I asked the FedEx driver over Ring if he would have her sign it and take it and he agreed.

I would give them latitude (and have) if they did things with an ounce of common sense.

I have two batteries, as does just about everyone with these bikes, understanding that they don't want both packed in the same box, great, but they required 2 separate RMA call tags, instead of 1 RMA tag for the two boxes. which presents the exact issue I encountered. Which I knew was going to happen and is why I boxed them separate, labeled them separate, but strapped the boxes together and marked them 1 of 2 and 2 of 2.

they were received at the same time, the RMA numbers where 1 digit different and according to FTH they were to be repaired in the order received My RMA numbers were literally 0009 and 0010 that means according to their numbering scheme I was the 9th and 10th battery in the lineup, meaning there were only maybe 5 people ahead of me.

they received them on the same date and time, signed by the same guy with the same time stamp from FedEx, August 14th 10:14am they were picked up by FedEx on August 13th at 2:30pm

so why were they:

my bike is my daily commuter, it has been down since August 12th, I was told by "Jennifer" I would have the batteries back before August 19th, then I was told August 28th, Then I was told September 9th (actually received 1 on the 10th), now I am being told maybe September 24th for the second.

and to make it worse they don't bother to inform you that the item has shipped back AND requires a signature. No tracking, no notification that they have shipped it back, so if no one is home when FedEx comes you're assed out. I was lucky that my neighbor was home when they rang my ring doorbell, I asked the FedEx driver over Ring if he would have her sign it and take it and he agreed.
Oh, now you're just complaining. (Said with 110% sarcasm.) :)

I appreciate the effort you and others put into your posts clearly laying out how you have been treated in a business transaction. I would not care to be handled in this way. So the "heads up" is much appreciated.

so why were they:

I hate to be the one to inform you but "they" are out to get you! Don't ask who because it is clearly a conspiracy of monumental proportions.

I hate to be the one to inform you but "they" are out to get you! Don't ask who because it is clearly a conspiracy of monumental proportions.

i'm sure.

FWIW I got my second battery back on Oct, 11th., 1 day shy of 2 months. and only after I finally got a hold of Bikonit directly and told them I would be filing for a charge back with my AMEX on the bike. amazingly the battery shipped out the next morning.

Hey Guys
Do you know what type and size of chain that fits the MD 750 WH?
I want to have most of the parts and required items on hand when I get mine here etc.
Thanks,
Don

For what it's worth,
I just found out that my MD750 WH will not run/operate with the bottom battery out of the bike.

Tia,
Don

To update this above info,
I had a BAD battery, would not hold a charge and was dragging down the other battery.
Bikonit is sending me a new battery etc.
I still average 35-40 miles on the single battery, with 95% peddle power.

Tia,
Don

Back