Generic MD 1000 and HD 750 ebike model discussion

Just checked the standover height of the bike (31 inches). Marked that on the wall and put a pipe between my legs, I'm 5'-9" and my "parts" will be touching it....

Ok here goes! Hope I remember to answer everyone! I got mine from Leili and they were fine to deal with, I’ll ask the lady I deal with if both companies are the same. I think she’ll give me a straight answer. I waited 2 months extra for mine due to COVID holding parts up. They were up front and kept me posted. I would recommend them no problems. Flora Song is the lady I deal with from Leili, she’s great! I need a new trigger shifter for mine, she was going to send a fully assembled back wheel due to language barrier so decent customer service I would say! Lol
Yes, I think it’ll pull your trailer no sweat buddy. It has enough power to do doughnuts and wheelies no sweat even though it’s a big heavy bike and my legs are very weak. Mines does 20 mph going up average hills, 15 going up hills you’d struggle to pedal up with throttle only. It has plenty torque in 1st and 2nd gears. It’ll also pull away in 5th no sweat! I have my rear fender cable tied to my rear rack. The fenders are flimsy plastic and my only gripe so far. You could replace with metal ones or whatever if you choose. There’s plenty points for bolts etc. If you wanted it closer to the tire you could insert a spacer between the fender and rack. The front fender is the only real let down. It’s proper cheap flimsy crap. I have mine cable tied up too but I may replace it altogether

Just checked the standover height of the bike (31 inches). Marked that on the wall and put a pipe between my legs, I'm 5'-9" and my "parts" will be touching it....
When the suspension is not locked out it drops a fair bit when you lean on the handlebars to throw your leg over. Sorry i didn’t get photos up today. I’ll try for tomorrow.

Carp, I chatted with "Cindy Lan" of Changzhou Leili Vehicle Parts Co last night and ordered a MD1000 as well. I'm in NY state. Fingers crossed!!!! They told me about 25 days to build plus 35 days to ship. Good luck to us both.
Yes, indeed good luck to us both!! I would be hesitant to say we would see them before Feb lol.

Ok here goes! Hope I remember to answer everyone! I got mine from Leili and they were fine to deal with, I’ll ask the lady I deal with if both companies are the same. I think she’ll give me a straight answer. I waited 2 months extra for mine due to COVID holding parts up. They were up front and kept me posted. I would recommend them no problems. Flora Song is the lady I deal with from Leili, she’s great! I need a new trigger shifter for mine, she was going to send a fully assembled back wheel due to language barrier so decent customer service I would say! Lol
Yes, I think it’ll pull your trailer no sweat buddy. It has enough power to do doughnuts and wheelies no sweat even though it’s a big heavy bike and my legs are very weak. Mines does 20 mph going up average hills, 15 going up hills you’d struggle to pedal up with throttle only. It has plenty torque in 1st and 2nd gears. It’ll also pull away in 5th no sweat! I have my rear fender cable tied to my rear rack. The fenders are flimsy plastic and my only gripe so far. You could replace with metal ones or whatever if you choose. There’s plenty points for bolts etc. If you wanted it closer to the tire you could insert a spacer between the fender and rack. The front fender is the only real let down. It’s proper cheap flimsy crap. I have mine cable tied up too but I may replace it altogether
Thanks for the reply! I guess I should have clarified what I meant with the trailer, I agree, with its rated 500lb towing ability, towing the trailer will be no issue, my main question I guess is to see if there are places on the rear axle to mount the two hitch points. They appear to have female threads. Are they bolts in the frame or axle where I could put those on you think? The hitch pins are attached below for you. Cheers!!

Attachments

• BAKCOU HITCH.png
    BAKCOU HITCH.png
    147.4 KB · Views: 280
Yes, indeed good luck to us both!! I would be hesitant to say we would see them before Feb lol.
Reading Terry's experience with the Chinese company is reassuring and what convinced me to roll the dice with my money. Some other internet reviews, especially the one mentioned in here earlier are a little disheartening. I guess it's too late for any of that worrying now. Terry I see you chose to upgrade the suspension on your bike? I opted to do the same. Good so far on your limited rides?

Reading Terry's experience with the Chinese company is reassuring and what convinced me to roll the dice with my money. Some other internet reviews, especially the one mentioned in here earlier are a little disheartening. I guess it's too late for any of that worrying now. Terry I see you chose to upgrade the suspension on your bike? I opted to do the same. Good so far on your limited rides?
I also opted for the Renegade upgrade. Also got the front and rear racks, fender, and light. Pretty excited to use it hunting!

They seemed to be honest with their times. The shipping to the UK was super quick! So i'd say they won't be far away with their estimates.

Fingers crossed for both of you!

They seemed to be honest with their times. The shipping to the UK was super quick! So i'd say they won't be far away with their estimates.

Fingers crossed for both of you!
Would it be possible the next time you are out riding to get a picture posted of a close up of both sides of the rear axle assembly? Im still trying to see if that trailer I am wanting will be able to hook up to the rear of the bike. I appreciate your help!!

Thanks for the reply! I guess I should have clarified what I meant with the trailer, I agree, with its rated 500lb towing ability, towing the trailer will be no issue, my main question I guess is to see if there are places on the rear axle to mount the two hitch points. They appear to have female threads. Are they bolts in the frame or axle where I could put those on you think? The hitch pins are attached below for you. Cheers!!
There is a hole on the very rear of the frame, just behind where the axle bolt goes through. You'll be able to fit a decent size bolt through and use your female end of the hitch to complete the fitting. It's only on the left hand side though so hope your trailer only attaches on one side as there is nothing on the other side. I'm sure that is how the trailer they advertise with the bike hitches up, it looks like a cheap crap trailer so best to do as you have and get your own. Defo only an attachment point on 1 side though. It's 1am here right now so i'll try and get a photo for you tomorrow.

There is a hole on the very rear of the frame, just behind where the axle bolt goes through. You'll be able to fit a decent size bolt through and use your female end of the hitch to complete the fitting. It's only on the left hand side though so hope your trailer only attaches on one side as there is nothing on the other side. I'm sure that is how the trailer they advertise with the bike hitches up, it looks like a cheap crap trailer so best to do as you have and get your own. Defo only an attachment point on 1 side though. It's 1am here right now so i'll try and get a photo for you tomorrow.
Thank you! And I agree, the trailer they have looks like pure rubbish. Id definitely appreciate pics! Have a great night and thanks so much for the info so far.

Yes, the Renegade seems like a real good shock buddy. It's adjustable too so you can set it in increments on the fly and depending how much travel you want you can also set the rebound by increasing or decreasing the air in it. The tyres also give a good bit suspension depending how soft or hard you run them too. I fitted "Tuffy" tyre liners right of rip as the MAXXIS have toughened side walls so i thought i'd go all in! 4XL is the size you need if you wanna fit them too. I was able to fit them without removing the rear wheel without too much trouble.

Yes, the Renegade seems like a real good shock buddy. It's adjustable too so you can set it in increments on the fly and depending how much travel you want you can also set the rebound by increasing or decreasing the air in it. The tyres also give a good bit suspension depending how soft or hard you run them too. I fitted "Tuffy" tyre liners right of rip as the MAXXIS have toughened side walls so i thought i'd go all in! 4XL is the size you need if you wanna fit them too. I was able to fit them without removing the rear wheel without too much trouble.
Awesome. I also appreciate this forum and all your helpful hints and experience so far!

As long as you are ordering via Alibaba you have a good contract and can get your money back if contract conditions are not met. I'm not postulating here, I did just that.

As for the Internet review issue, that issue was not regarding the bikes being discussed here. I could go into a long rant about the details but I will spare you that exercise by just saying that if you're someone who wants to make a quick buck in the ebike business, you better do a lot of homework first. The lessons learned can be painful and expensive.

As long as you are ordering via Alibaba you have a good contract and can get your money back if contract conditions are not met. I'm not postulating here, I did just that.

As for the Internet review issue, that issue was not regarding the bikes being discussed here. I could go into a long rant about the details but I will spare you that exercise by just saying that if you're someone who wants to make a quick buck in the ebike business, you better do a lot of homework first. The lessons learned can be painful and expensive.
Gotcha. I'm just a guy trying to get a decent deal on a single bike for myself. And $5k for a bicycle, electric or not, was just too rich for my blood but of course a cheapo wasn't enough for my liking either lol.

Thank you! And I agree, the trailer they have looks like pure rubbish. Id definitely appreciate pics! Have a great night and thanks so much for the info so far.
No problem at all. I'll help in any way i can.
I also opted for the Renegade upgrade. Also got the front and rear racks, fender, and light. Pretty excited to use it hunting!
The front and rear racks are real good strong racks. the rear fender is ok as you can cable tie it to the rear rack so it's the next best thing to a fitted metal fender. Mines was floppy before i tied it up but it is dead on now, solid as a rock. It seems to keep the mud off your back too so good coverage. The front fender i have tied up too but it is so so at best. I'm still looking for a solution but it seems the 4.8 wide tyres is a problem to find a guard that will fit it and keep the spray at bay. I'm thinking i may have to get the widest one i can find and widen it a bit with a "mod"! The front light is ok too. Nothing special but it gives out enough light to ride at night without problems. I have another 2 aftermarket lights fitted! I also bought the "Olight RN120" for the rear and i'm real happy with it. I would recommend it if your looking for a rear light.

That's what i did, everything went through Alibaba. All conversations on their site and all payments on my card. Shipping and everything is covered. Leili did me a contract right off rip so everything was good. I generally wouldn't buy from anyone who has less that 5 years traceable dealings on Alibaba. Leili was "all good" by me. Flora Song is the lady i dealt with and she was A1 with everything.

If i've missed anyone's questions or queries or photos i've said i'll do just shout again. I'll help in any way i can. I know what it's like myself.

Guys a site I’ve found that I think some of you might find useful is

This is just a site I’ve found. I don’t know enough to say if everything is “coshsa” but the guy seems to know his stuff so use at your own risk. I’m gonna use it 🤪

Guys a site I’ve found that I think some of you might find useful is

This is just a site I’ve found. I don’t know enough to say if everything is “coshsa” but the guy seems to know his stuff so use at your own risk. I’m gonna use it 🤪
Thanks for sharing that link! It should be really helpful if the stock settings arent up to my liking. I read your comment about the tire diameter setting for the odometer. I was under the impression that the size you put into the computer is the overall height of the tire. I havent measured the 26*4.8 tire but I heard its diameter is actually taller than 26 inches. Can you verify that please? Thank you!

Back