Juiced RipCurrent-S (aka RCS) - 1000 km Impressions and Log Summary

.... I have the equipment already . . . hopefully Juiced has designed their battery case to allow this.
And Finally ! While it was the need for intel on the "Tannus Armour" inserts that brought me back to EBR after two yrs . . . . your review got me thinking about doing one as well . . . stay tuned!
I have a thread on here where I tear-open a Juiced Battery pack that needed repair. It's pretty straightforward. No problem rebuilding the pack, but not sure there are any better cells for 19.2Ah capacity at this time, but lots of good options for less capacity. Also we found out that on the 13Ah battery Juiced has used different cells from time to time. I bought some equipment to make battery packs as I have quite a bit of experience with electronics engineering, but I've not assembled the stuff and tried to make a welded battery pack yet. I've purchased 3 13Ah packs used, 2 on eBay and 1 here so I have a fair bit of capacity now. Maybe one day though I'll go with a completely different battery solution for the bike. I did get a really nice pack, but it is too big for the Juiced case, so interested in seeing if the OEM case fits nicely and if it does we'll have a nice option for building new packs or purchasing ready made packs. Interested to see what the Juiced batteries list for when they come back in stock. Right now though I'm only interested in 3rd party options and another 19.2Ah pack, but just can't pay $1300+shipping to Juiced. We'll see how long the OEM case takes to get to me for testing.

I have a thread on here where I tear-open a Juiced Battery pack that needed repair. It's pretty straightforward. No problem rebuilding the pack, but not sure there are any better cells for 19.2Ah capacity at this time, but lots of good options for less capacity. Also we found out that on the 13Ah battery Juiced has used different cells from time to time. I bought some equipment to make battery packs as I have quite a bit of experience with electronics engineering, but I've not assembled the stuff and tried to make a welded battery pack yet. I've purchased 3 13Ah packs used, 2 on eBay and 1 here so I have a fair bit of capacity now. Maybe one day though I'll go with a completely different battery solution for the bike. I did get a really nice pack, but it is too big for the Juiced case, so interested in seeing if the OEM case fits nicely and if it does we'll have a nice option for building new packs or purchasing ready made packs. Interested to see what the Juiced batteries list for when they come back in stock. Right now though I'm only interested in 3rd party options and another 19.2Ah pack, but just can't pay $1300+shipping to Juiced. We'll see how long the OEM case takes to get to me for testing.
Thx for the reply . . . as before, it's my first time back at EBR in two yrs . . . . just wasn't feeling the luv from Juiced or the Troll who was never to be questioned. It was weird and there very few with the same experience at the time, so I bailed.
So this is Very Good News and gives another option to their jacked up battery prices. This stock 19Ah batt has doubled in price in less than 2 yrs . . . how much of that is improved tech vs markup ??
That said, the Lithium Battery "Savy" that Tora possesses is Excellent. For me this shows most within the excellent display interface programming & and robust electrical for this RCS . . . among other things I like about it . . . Their recommendation of the Grin Technologies Cycle Satiator Charger demonstrates they know what Good Lithium 18650's like. And Yes, 18650's have improved greatly over the last few yrs as well as good DIY support within this field.
Started my R/C aviation life around the early 90's in Seattle . . . it's a collection of left & right brainer STEM geeks and artists with the time, bank and will to prove they could avoid hitting the planet too hard with their $3,000.00 1/4 scale turbine MIG-17 FRESCO : ) . . . . of coarse, all failed at some point but the true R/C'ers would rebuild and return for another attempt ; ) The flying field was just a few miles from Allied Signal, U of W, Boeing and Microsoft. It added up to pushing that brand new rechargeable lithium technology to it's limits with pushed and matched mil spec batteries. We burnt up a few things, but there was always one rule . . . if your going to do something new or stupid, ya had to tell everyone first . . . so we all learned what didn't work . . . and sometimes what did.
Sanyo always led the charge on the best lithium's/cadmiums for some time before Panasonic and others caught up. Now days there are sites dedicated to supporting the building E-Bike packs with plenty of good 18650's available.
I don't know if the vestment over return would justify buying and building the equipment necessary to replace/refurbish an E-Bike batt but I'm there already with the soldering gear. It makes me less concerned about this eventual need for more Power!
That was very good news.

Back