Generic MD 1000 and HD 750 ebike model discussion

I'll be very shocked, like VERY shocked if you don't agree It's a very heavy bike that is so agile it's uncanny! I'm sure it was 8 or 10 stairs i went straight up last week i think it was. As i approached i was thinking this will either be quite cool or a very messy sore lesson in what my bike can or cannot live with, it went creeping up them like a cat! Straight up! A small bounce on the front shock to load it as i got the power down as i approached to get the front end up and it went up smooth as silk. I thought i'd at least have to wrestle over the front end as i went over the crest but not even that. There's quite a few things like that in the short time I've had it where I've done whatever and thought "i can't believe how easy it just handled that", I've been ready to wrestle it or whatever and it just glides over or through. It's uncanny! You'll see brother... 👍

I'll be very shocked, like VERY shocked if you don't agree It's a very heavy bike that is so agile it's uncanny! I'm sure it was 8 or 10 stairs i went straight up last week i think it was. As i approached i was thinking this will either be quite cool or a very messy sore lesson in what my bike can or cannot live with, it went creeping up them like a cat! Straight up! A small bounce on the front shock to load it as i got the power down as i approached to get the front end up and it went up smooth as silk. I thought i'd at least have to wrestle over the front end as i went over the crest but not even that. There's quite a few things like that in the short time I've had it where I've done whatever and thought "i can't believe how easy it just handled that", I've been ready to wrestle it or whatever and it just glides over or through. It's uncanny! You'll see brother... 👍
God your making more and more jealous with every post lol

God your making more and more jealous with every post lol
Ha, you'll be the same buddy! In fact, I'll put the bet out there with both of you now.

I bet both of you feel the same way regarding it being very nimble for such a huge bike! You'll do a "HOLY s*it" when you first see it built, then again the first section that is kinda tight or whatever. Maybe not RMK just so much as he's seen & rode a live one before. We'll see though! 👀
I'm just not looking forward to having to post when i do find it's limit. It will probably be very sore and possibly very expensive for me, on the upside of that you will both get a really good laugh. 😈

Well, I have decided to bite the bullet and make the LONG drive to pickup the bike this week. The Covid-19 shutdown uncertainty and my impatience makes this the best option. Another consideration is avoiding potential damage to the bike with more shipping. Having received a couple of other ebikes the boxes were moderately to significantly damaged by domestic shipping. The bikes themselves had damage (scratches, bent chainring and bent derailleur hangar) so it will be good to be able to inspect the box right off the boat. Still need to confirm with the shipping agent but barring any issues he may have, this is the plan. It feels good to have a plan and get this long strange buying process over with.

Last edited:
Well, I have decided to bite the bullet and make the LONG drive to pickup the bike this week. The Covid-19 shutdown uncertainty and my impatience makes this the best option. Another consideration is avoiding potential damage to the bike with more shipping. Having received a couple of other ebikes the boxes were moderately to significantly damaged by domestic shipping. The bikes themselves had damage (scratches, bent chainring and bent derailleur hangar) so it will be good to be able to inspect the box right off the boat. Still need to confirm with the shipping agent but barring any issues he may have, this is the plan. It feels good to have a plan and get this long strange buying process over with.
I don’t need to post my opinion on that. Go get it brother! Lol 👍

Do you have a pick up truck to go get it? I can give you box size if you need it? It’s a big box.

No pickup but a comfortable SUV that I'm sure will hold it. I got box dimensions from the Leili MD 1000 listing and if those are correct it's no problem. If you could confirm the dimensions that would be good. I also have a hitch bike rack so unboxing at the warehouse is plan B.

No pickup but a comfortable SUV that I'm sure will hold it. I got box dimensions from the Leili MD 1000 listing and if those are correct it's no problem. If you could confirm the dimensions that would be good. I also have a hitch bike rack so unboxing at the warehouse is plan B.
1570 mm x 860 mm x 310 mm is the exact size. On the bottom side about half way along is where my pedal crank came through the box so check that as you load. It’s a decent thickness of cardboard box but the bike isn’t secured inside it if that makes sense. Canny wait! Lol 👍

Umm , this is Americur and we damn well don't do metric ... :p

That is just about what the Leili site had for box dimensions so no problem.

Umm , this is Americur and we damn well don't do metric ... :p

That is just about what the Leili site had for box dimensions so no problem.
Ha, I only use that way because that was what we used in an old job. I once saw a guy shouting out a track that the size he needed was a shovel and a half! That was a measurement for a pipe. Too funny 😂

Have any of you came across this before...

What a price if you can live with the changes.... ? ? ?

Wow. Yeah I’d say so! $1245 plus shipping for the same thing I just paid $3k for?? Jeesh. Maybe I’ll put another order in for this one too! Haha.

There are some changes in some of the components, if you can live with those changes it’s a great deal. I suppose the question is are the good components and stuff on the MD’s & HD’s worth the extra $1600?

Last edited by a moderator:

I ordered my bike from them. Better price than Leili and far more customization available. You can just have them upgrade the parts to whatever you want.

I ordered my bike from them. Better price than Leili and far more customization available. You can just have them upgrade the parts to whatever you want.
Color of the bike, wheel color, wheel cutouts, etc. Leili only offered tan and black paint with no wheel customizing back when i ordered.

Attachments

• D413F90CDCE97B6C00F9344FA8992D28 (1).jpg
    D413F90CDCE97B6C00F9344FA8992D28 (1).jpg
    468.9 KB · Views: 282
Thanks for the tip MJinLA. When did you order and when is it supposed to ship? That level of customization for single unit orders is very unusual for assembly line type of operations. Many of the components are currently on back order (like the IHG's) and It takes a lot more time to do 1 offs especially in times like these when the demand far exceeds the supply. Call me curious but skeptical ...

Thanks for the tip MJinLA. When did you order and when is it supposed to ship? That level of customization for single unit orders is very unusual for an assembly line type of operations. Many of the components are currently on back order (like the IHG's) and It takes a lot more time to do 1 offs especially in times like these when the demand far exceeds the supply. Call me curious but skeptical ...
Perhaps Leili is a large assembly line operation that just pumps out the same bike. Steamoon is a smaller perhaps boutique operation. I was sent photos throughout the process of the bike being made, sent out for paint, etc. I ordered 9/23 it shipped out 11/22.

Back