Generic MD 1000 and HD 750 ebike model discussion

Thanks for the tip MJinLA. When did you order and when is it supposed to ship? That level of customization for single unit orders is very unusual for assembly line type of operations. Many of the components are currently on back order (like the IHG's) and It takes a lot more time to do 1 offs especially in times like these when the demand far exceeds the supply. Call me curious but skeptical ...
Just checked the order. There was a $100 fee for the custom paint on the wheels and frame and a $100 'sample fee' because it was one bike. Even with that it was cheaper than what Leili was/is charging.

Perhaps Leili is a large assembly line operation that just pumps out the same bike. Steamoon is a smaller perhaps boutique operation. I was sent photos throughout the process of the bike being made, sent out for paint, etc. I ordered 9/23 it shipped out 11/22.
So you're going to resell the bikes? The sample program is usually for resellers. The fact that Leili was also making bikes for Biktrix and Bikonit in the hundreds was one of the selling points for me (assumes a level of quality control) .
Steamoons offering is certainly interesting, but at the prices quoted there doesn't appear to be much margin for a basic model let alone a "boutique" bike. Looking forward to your impressions when it arrives.

Last edited:
Color of the bike, wheel color, wheel cutouts, etc. Leili only offered tan and black paint with no wheel customizing back when i ordered.
Color of the bike, wheel color, wheel cutouts, etc. Leili only offered tan and black paint with no wheel customizing back when i ordered.
What did you all upgrade from the original offer to how your bike sits now and what did it cost to do it all. If I remember correctly mine was $3200 but $600 of that was shipping. I see a few differences but it’s much the same bike as it sits. The original link I posted had a few differences but yours seems closer to the MD Leili is offering.

So you're going to resell the bikes? The sample program is usually for resellers. The fact that Leili was also making bikes for Biktrix and Bikonit in the hundreds was one of the selling points for me (assumes a level of quality control) .
Steamoons offering is certainly interesting, but at the prices quoted there doesn't appear to be much margin for a basic model let alone a "boutique" bike. Looking forward to your impressions when it arrives.
I meant "boutique" in that the options of what can be done color wise are more than tan or black. Not a reseller at all. I saw the bike and wanted it but wanted it done my way which is pretty much why I went to Alibaba. Steamoon makes bikes for other brands as well thats where I got the wheel cutout idea. There are a multitude of companies in China that can put together a bike.

Attachments

• 0F7AC7688CFB8B06758E079C9D5B1A4B.jpg
    0F7AC7688CFB8B06758E079C9D5B1A4B.jpg
    304.8 KB · Views: 260
I meant "boutique" in that the options of what can be done color wise are more than tan or black. Not a reseller at all. I saw the bike and wanted it but wanted it done my way which is pretty much why I went to Alibaba. Steamoon makes bikes for other brands as well thats where I got the wheel cutout idea. There are a multitude of companies in China that can put together a bike.
I’m sure there are 84 or 87 that can offer the MD’s & HD’s! Lol

Just checked the order. There was a $100 fee for the custom paint on the wheels and frame and a $100 'sample fee' because it was one bike. Even with that it was cheaper than what Leili was/is charging.
How much did it cost to change from the cassette and chain to the IGH and belt?

Upgrades -
RST fork - 195
E725 Tektro - $36
IGH - $128
Belt Drive - $195
Frame color with wheel cutouts - $100

$2260 for the bike with the upgrades $2990 total with shipping, fees, etc. Shipping to the door first leg on a ship last leg Fedex.
***The shipping isn't like some that I have seen with the name of the boat it's on, where in the Atlantic the boat is, and a cute photo of the captain. Mine says left Hong Kong on x date.

Upgrades -
RST fork - 195
E725 Tektro - $36
IGH - $128
Belt Drive - $195

$2260 for the bike with the upgrades $2990 total with shipping, fees, etc. Shipping to the door first leg on a ship last leg Fedex.
***The shipping isn't like some that I have seen with the name of the boat it's on, where in the Atlantic the boat is, and a cute photo of the captain. Mine says left Hong Kong on x date.
That seems like a good deal considering the custom paint job. Mine was $3050 delivered with front light, front/rear racks and fenders and, I got the cute photo of the ship captain ... :)

That seems like a good deal considering the custom paint job. Mine was $3050 delivered with front light, front/rear racks and fenders and, I got the cute photo of the ship captain ... :)
I got a rear fender. They didn't have a fender for the RST fork. I also didn't get those excellent Maxxis Minion tires. That may be the first upgrade.

I got a rear fender. They didn't have a fender for the RST fork. I also didn't get those excellent Maxxis Minion tires. That may be the first upgrade.
Yeah the Maxxis have a good rep. I was looking around for some fat street tires (I ride mostly on paved trails) and saw these Wolftrax fat tires. Too good to be true price but I got them and they are pretty nice.

BTW, on my Fat Tire Folder (20") I am on my 3rd back tire but I'm still running the original front (2200 miles in 10 months). It's a hub drive bike and the wear differential is amazing. I'll be interested to see if this is the case with the MD 1000.

Last edited:
Upgrades -
RST fork - 195
E725 Tektro - $36
IGH - $128
Belt Drive - $195

So really quite similar then but you have a few wee extra touches cosmetic wise that make it “yours” if you want. Did you upgrade to the LG 21700 cells or did you keep the Samsung 18650’s. The MAXXIS tyres seem really good on roads too, I fitted tyre liners off rip so between the extra shielded side wall and the liners I’m hoping I’m as puncture proof as I can be. We’ll see.

So really quite similar then but you have a few wee extra touches cosmetic wise that make it “yours” if you want. Did you upgrade to the LG 21700 cells or did you keep the Samsung 18650’s. The MAXXIS tyres seem really good on roads too, I fitted tyre liners off rip so between the extra shielded side wall and the liners I’m hoping I’m as puncture proof as I can be. We’ll see.
Terry777 I was not aware that there's was an option when ordering the bike on the batteries brand? what brand did you request? and is there a price and or performance LG vs Samsung consideration?
Thanks!

Terry777 I was not aware that there's was an option when ordering the bike on the batteries brand? what brand did you request? and is there a price and or performance LG vs Samsung consideration?
Thanks!
Leili just gives you the LG 21700 cells but I see the other company advertises the bike has the Samsung 18650 cells (Tesla) so was wondering if these are an upgrade you can get or do they give you them as standard. They are both great cells, the LG are just newer technology. The capacity and stuff all the same in both batteries. Just trying to work out where the differences are so we can work out the best deal for anyone looking to buy one. Any $$ saving is a good one. Up till now only the tyres are different I think.

Leili just gives you the LG 21700 cells but I see the other company advertises the bike has the Samsung 18650 cells (Tesla) so was wondering if these are an upgrade you can get or do they give you them as standard. They are both great cells, the LG are just newer technology. The capacity and stuff all the same in both batteries. Just trying to work out where the differences are so we can work out the best deal for anyone looking to buy one. Any $$ saving is a good one. Up till now only the tyres are different I think.
As MJ says too, you get a bit more customisation on the bike he got so that may be something we can advise people in the future. Also we can see how delivery goes and that may be something.

Good point on the battery. I will let you know what the battery life is like once I get it which is looking like mid January.

Good point on the battery. I will let you know what the battery life is like once I get it which is looking like mid January.
Is it the LG’s or Samsung cells in your bike MJ, or were you offered the LG’s?

Yeah the Maxxis have a good rep. I was looking around for some fat street tires (I ride mostly on paved trails) and saw these Wolftrax fat tires. Too good to be true price but I got them and they are pretty nice.

BTW, on my Fat Tire Folder (20") I am on my 3rd back tire but I'm still running the original front (2200 miles in 10 months). It's a hub drive bike and the wear differential is amazing. I'll be interested to see if this is the case with the MD 1000.
I had a look for them in the UK and can’t seem to find them. They look awesome!, If you “ok” them after running them I may get a set posted over. I’m gonna run the MAXXIS till after the winter and look for decent road tyres for our summer coming in. I find the MAXXIS get good enough grip “pulling” on the wet roads here but not great stopping. They are ok but could defo be better. I dunno how much having tyre liners and tubes affects the capabilities of the tyre compared to going tubeless.

No offer of upgraded cells.
You may find when your bike comes it is the LG cells that are in it, if not the Samsung cells are great cells. It wouldn't be a deal breaker either way for me, i wouldn't mind. Hopefully you get a on time delivery. That would be something we could advise others looking to get one. I think up until now mine is the only one that's been "on time with no hassle" but we'll see as the others start arriving, or not! I think this is one of the best on line places for info on the bikes. 👀

Back