Full Suspension, Cargo & Step Thru Titanium Frame

Timpo

I don't know if this is the right forum, but for some reason I thought WattWagon owners would be interested in seeing this frame 😄

Titanium Bafang G510 bike frame titanium Bafang motor bike titanium mountain bike frame

Titanium Bafang G510 bike frame titanium Bafang motor bike titanium mountain bike frame

I want to buy that frame and mount it on the wall in my living room! Then, I could pour myself a nice glass of wine, sit in my favorite chair and stare at this work of art.

I don't know if this is the right forum, but for some reason I thought WattWagon owners would be interested in seeing this frame 😄

Is this Ti frame also available for a Shimano Steps motor?

Is there a company actually building bikes with this frame?

Hey guys there are a few things you probably want to know on the Ti FS side - I have not

This is an interesting design. My issue has been that with the bafang mount and Tig welding a pivot on that mount (notice the the one that is welded to the mount ?). It works well for a few hundred miles but then develops some cracks. Ugh. That structure works in aluminum because you can over build it. Bafang Ultra Aluminum mounts are nearly 4.5 - 5mm thick, so the welds can be deeper and can take a bunch of beating.

I havent been able to get a strong full suspension in Ti yet, but I will try to model this one out and see if the welds will hold. MIght need a new mold - but we will see. The tradeoff will be getting a chain instead of a belt. Let me see if this is a possibility.

Thanks for bringing this up :)

Reactions: Ayl
I have seen that - but i am not sure if I have a good source for the pulley mechanism. Let me check with gates and see what they have to say. To be honest, this will be a little tricky for me but I will give this a shot. Thanks for checking.

Hey guys there are a few things you probably want to know on the Ti FS side - I have not

This is an interesting design. My issue has been that with the bafang mount and Tig welding a pivot on that mount (notice the the one that is welded to the mount ?). It works well for a few hundred miles but then develops some cracks. Ugh. That structure works in aluminum because you can over build it. Bafang Ultra Aluminum mounts are nearly 4.5 - 5mm thick, so the welds can be deeper and can take a bunch of beating.

I havent been able to get a strong full suspension in Ti yet, but I will try to model this one out and see if the welds will hold. MIght need a new mold - but we will see. The tradeoff will be getting a chain instead of a belt. Let me see if this is a possibility.

Thanks for bringing this up :)
Sounded reasonable, but as of this date Zero complaints in this regard on Ali's comments for the full-suspension Ti frames.
You should nail this on your previous 'buy fails' - so's dummy's like me will be alerted. My crabby posts are all over Ali's comments on products. If it's civil, they post it all.
Wish this topic was still live. It's active and in flux, but died? And here I am building an ultralight G510 powered machine, W/ no info here 'cept failed opinions, and I don't see one result or build from you guys?
Can we bring this topic back to light?
I'm sure most that really knew anything have a lot they've learned to share - and as an official 'Codger', I really don't want to make other's mistakes, rely on disproven speculation or ignore proven outcomes.
These Ti/ G510 ideas had to go beyond 'cut-and-paste', 'dreamer' photo's of Ali's stuff.

Anybody (real) out there? What'cha workin' with?

Fn'F

We have done 4 things

1. True full suspension, in titanium.
2. You can put up to 52V, 21Ah battery on board, no problem.
3. We have belt drive on it.
4. ASTM level 3 certified.

The bike can be made in Trail or Commuting geometry. This picture below is with commuting geometry, and has mounts for Rear rack and fenders!

Will have our own belt, that can take north of 1KN of torque. rated for true 5000 miles - but in our testing, it is going strong at 10k miles!

Frame is super strong, we updated the material, dropouts and otherbuild specs a lot to ensure there is no flex. :)

Initial official pictures below of the commuting version👇👇👇👇👇👇

Bike3.jpg
Bike5.jpg

Attachments

• Bike3.jpg
    Bike3.jpg
    785.5 KB · Views: 433
Nice looking bike!
Very sober, and titanium always look great.
What is the weight of the bike in the picture's configuration?

Can the bike support 2 batteries and couple lbs of fruit and extra clothes in panniers? I would prefer the comfort for longer rides.

We have done 4 things

1. True full suspension, in titanium.
2. You can put up to 52V, 21Ah battery on board, no problem.
3. We have belt drive on it.
4. ASTM level 3 certified.

The bike can be made in Trail or Commuting geometry. This picture below is with commuting geometry, and has mounts for Rear rack and fenders!

Will have our own belt, that can take north of 1KN of torque. rated for true 5000 miles - but in our testing, it is going strong at 10k miles!

Frame is super strong, we updated the material, dropouts and otherbuild specs a lot to ensure there is no flex. :)

Initial official pictures below of the commuting version👇👇👇👇👇👇

View attachment 92128View attachment 92129
Oh, you have my attention and I'm impressed. I was all over your site yesterday and I'm hooked on a Legacy build.
How did you read my mind? You hit my entire wish-list and upgraded it as well.
-
I like the above bike ... but the unspoken '50 and 200hr suspension maintenance' + added weight (even more so on 'low maintenance' spring types) of rear shocks are big negatives for me. Hard to abide with cheesy '50hr maintenance' inflation cost. My used, $3k Honda's shocks last 100k - Zero maintenance. Even fitting a Ti spring (it alone weighing 14oz), given the rest of the shock weight is contrary to my '45 - 50lb machine' ideal.
I really like that your machines start with the best (Ti) - Carbon is cool too (and awaiting real 'composite' - ie: Ti; C4; Kevlar; Magnesium combo) construction).
(Quick inserted question: Are your dropout structures the same Ti alloy as the tubes?)
Losing weight is an exponentially expensive imperative/ endeavor, but with your machines I can upgrade as I choose (Hey Guys, Ti 'Ultra Weight Reduction' parts might be a big seller). That totally sold me (but can we knock a kilo off that motor?).
Lastly, the Ultra I want has more than the '100nm' your in-house belt is rated for. I think it'd be right for my Gf's build I'm plotting. She'd be wrecked w/ the Ultra's torque I crave.
I was planning on buying a Frey that weighs in at 30Kg. I'd bet the cast aluminum frame weighed >10Kg.
Belt drive would cost a fortune to blunder around adding on, and matching a compatible hub, ugh.
I enjoy 'building'. Waiting a month for the wrong part, not so much.
Another thing. You're on top of forum inquiries.
-
As others keep asking: How much does the above bike weigh?
More important to me, how much does the Legacy frame weigh?
We need to plan.
-
Thank you for carrying on a rare capitalist tradition of excellence. Build the best, they'll come.

Fn'F

Oh, WOW! That's amazing.
Does the Sturmey Archer hold up to the Ultra 1Kw?
If not, what do you stock that does?

Thanks,

Fn'F

Back