Full Suspension, Cargo & Step Thru Titanium Frame

A lot of things I own I use no where near the potential of the item. I often think of how much more a person who sat down and studied it till they knew all of its capabilities could get out of any given thing. Even so, even if I only use it to 50% capacity or less, but it makes that experience seamless and just sing... Then it is worth it for me.
I found this: Frame and weight — Titanium, 65 pounds
"The Watt Wagons Ultimate Commuter Pro electric bike has five frame sizes and one color — silver — with a curb weight of nearly 65 pounds, which is incredibly light considering the massive motor, battery and suspension. The various frames can accommodate rider heights from 5’2” to 6’9”. Frame sizes in include small, medium, large, extra large and a custom size. Custom sizing costs $300."

Here: https://www.electrifiedreviews.com/...tric-bike-review-guinness-world-record-e-bike
-
Replace the Moloko (709g) bars w/ 200g Carbon bars, or go with alloy imitations that weigh 400ish'g.
I'll be running carbon seat-rails (no Ti available for my saddle), not stainless. Maybe retire my KINEKT (614g) for a Ti or carbon seat-post.
That'll get me down about 3lbs using my selection of Ti fasteners/ seat-post clamp.
A Lauf fork, or similar, > 2.5 lbs.
I've seen other's claiming 58lbs for the Legacy. Probably minus rack (710Gms), fenders (900Gms) , heavy bars and seat-post = 7lbs
My Ltd weighs 58lbs - with Abus lock aboard.
These machines are near best possible weight outcome, against a 'point of diminishing returns' barrier. It's pretty tight.
W/ a Ti bolts and washers, on a Ti frame, sporting a Ti seat-post, it's corrosion proof - whereas stainless bolts, or any steel contact would corrode, tending to seize unless using copper goop on the threads.
Sharing: one of my 30g Ti seat- post clamps (w/ attaching points and Ti bolt w/ vicegrip proof 'conical head', suitable for various locking security inserts), and a 19.25G 'rainbowed' clamp in Ti.
Fn'F

Attachments

• 20210705_131755.jpg
    20210705_131755.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 178
  • 20210705_151615.jpg
    20210705_151615.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 170
Pretty parts. Looking good gets huge points in my book.

The Hydra will be my first experience with carbon fiber. And while I'm tempted to just order a second Hydra like the Hydra Black, because it's cheaper, I'm going to wait for a titanium.

I replied I thought ,probably forgot to hit post as usual…UC is my bike

We have done 4 things

1. True full suspension, in titanium.
2. You can put up to 52V, 21Ah battery on board, no problem.
3. We have belt drive on it.
4. ASTM level 3 certified.

The bike can be made in Trail or Commuting geometry. This picture below is with commuting geometry, and has mounts for Rear rack and fenders!

Will have our own belt, that can take north of 1KN of torque. rated for true 5000 miles - but in our testing, it is going strong at 10k miles!

Frame is super strong, we updated the material, dropouts and otherbuild specs a lot to ensure there is no flex. :)

Initial official pictures below of the commuting version👇👇👇👇👇👇

View attachment 92128View attachment 92129
What does a bike like this cost, a ballpark figure?

What does a bike like this cost, a ballpark figure?
I'm waiting for a price quote from @pushkar. If it's not too much more (I know that the titanium frame cost more) I'll probably go that route.
Personally, I think the rear suspension on the titanium frame looks awesome, which is kinda odd, since I've never thought the original UC Pro was good looking.

I'm waiting for a price quote from @pushkar. If it's not too much more (I know that the titanium frame cost more) I'll probably go that route.
Personally, I think the rear suspension on the titanium frame looks awesome, which is kinda odd, since I've never thought the original UC Pro was good looking.
It’s got my interest. Like the TI frame, power, large battery and the full suspension. Only thing I don’t like is I wish you had internal cable routing for the battery and motor cables/wires.

Pretty parts. Looking good gets huge points in my book.

The Hydra will be my first experience with carbon fiber. And while I'm tempted to just order a second Hydra like the Hydra Black, because it's cheaper, I'm going to wait for a titanium.
If it's made of Ti, it fits that machine. Bars, clamp, nuts, bolts (not some washers tho) and I'll be looking for a Ti rack that fits. lol
I'm glad I ordered bags of M-sized Ti bolts. Part of my subconscious urge to get a Ti bike, I guess.
Please let me know how that Hydra goes. Everything WW puts out is pretty state of the art.
I've considered Carbon and would love to know real world impressions from an owner.
WW's Ti full suspension bike is probably taking pre-orders. Insane cool machine.
Barring unforeseen delays, hoping to have my UC ordered on August 1 and on the road in October.
Hope these fights with China don't cause a trade problem.

Fn'F

It’s got my interest. Like the TI frame, power, large battery and the full suspension. Only thing I don’t like is I wish you had internal cable routing for the battery and motor cables/wires.
That's what originally put me off, but I'm thinking that not including a throttle and replacing the Kindernay hub setup (two cables) with SRAM AXS etap would clear up the cable clutter somewhat.
Another bonus with the SRAM wireless setup is if something went wrong with the derailleur, etc., my favorite local bike shop would be able to fix it.

That's what originally put me off, but I'm thinking that not including a throttle and replacing the Kindernay hub setup (two cables) with SRAM AXS etap would clear up the cable clutter somewhat.
Another bonus with the SRAM wireless setup is if something went wrong with the derailleur, etc., my favorite local bike shop would be able to fix it.
Ditch the throttle, wireless shifting, and the Bafang 500C display would clean up the cables/wires a lot. That would basically leave just the motor wiring harness to try and hide. Hopefully Pushkar can give us a basic build price as a starting point and adding options would go from there.

Ditch the throttle, wireless shifting, and the Bafang 500C display would clean up the cables/wires a lot. That would basically leave just the motor wiring harness to try and hide. Hopefully Pushkar can give us a basic build price as a starting point and adding options would go from there.
Basically, it's the opposite that works in the real world - for me.
Throttle is mandatory; shifting will be done with a twist type actuator and the wires are routed properly, with the proper sheaths.
https://www.wirecare.com/category/braided-sleeving/heavy-duty-sleeving/dura-wrap/dwn1-50bk-dura-wrap-1-1-2-black-3-ft-cuts?
The photos of the build's wiring are not ideal.
But they say only the Kindie provides a ratio capable of top end performance.
Larger Ring-gear - Ultra's belt sprocket - would fix that. This is not a bicyle.
The motor, ordering the '2300watt' and 'deregulated' options (rumored to) put out 200nm of torque, on tap.
'Fat bike', 132T belt for that power. With all that torque, I need a gearbox - that's nothing but trouble - why again?
3 Speeds - at most required.
14 speeds? For what, bragging rights?
The force of a pedaling applied by a human for achieving 30.4 kph = 183/8.44 =21.68nm, with zero assistance. I can't help but think these 'Bicycle Hubs' are no where near up to some real power. It's just not their market - yet.
Direct drive would be my choice.

Fn'F

No throttle? Just ditch the eBike and get a 20 speed bicycle!
the wiring is easily cleaned up - company photos aside. lol
Build price for UC build options is here https://wattwagons.com/products/custom-frames
The first run of the Ti full suspension machine are no doubt sold. If you want to buy one, contact direct on the website.
They're super helpful and provide real answers - no stock, cut-and-paste replies. These guys are organized.
Yer FS bike's in the $8 - $10k range w two shocks, I'd say.

Hope that helps

Fn'F

No throttle? Just ditch the eBike and get a 20 speed bicycle!
the wiring is easily cleaned up - company photos aside. lol
Build price for UC build options is here https://wattwagons.com/products/custom-frames
The first run of the Ti full suspension machine are no doubt sold. If you want to buy one, contact direct on the website.
They're super helpful and provide real answers - no stock, cut-and-paste replies. These guys are organized.
Yer FS bike's in the $8 - $10k range w two shocks, I'd say.

Hope that helps

Fn'F
When you say "These guys are organized," who are you talking about....WattWagons?
I don't know about others, but I'm still waiting for a price quote. Mind you, since I'm a founding member pricing for me will be a bit more complicated than a non-founding potential buyer.

When you say "These guys are organized," who are you talking about....WattWagons?
I don't know about others, but I'm still waiting for a price quote. Mind you, since I'm a founding member pricing for me will be a bit more complicated than a non-founding potential buyer.
Indeed. I'm not saying they're like 'bill collector' diligent, but they got right back to me and answered my ticket's questions.
You do have a ticket in for a quote? No reply?
Excuse my ignorance. What's a 'founding member' ? Is that like an "Oh, it's you Bob" card? You bought in on the IPO? An ebike cult with oaths of fealty, secrecy, mysterious hand signs and 'guaranteed lowest price's' if I shop at WW?
I understand 'fraternal entitlement', so if you Bob couldn't get the information, perhaps there is no price yet, and photo's show a prototype for dearly 'membered founders, to get an early glimpse at?

Back