Can I make this fork mod?

minnemike

So I have one of these badboys I picked up last spring. It's fun as hell but the 14" tires are a "flying over the handlebars" disaster waiting to happen on some pothole in my future. What I want to do is replace the front fork and wheel with low rider type springer suspension and maybe a 20" wheel? The issue is it currently has a fold down handle bar that connects to the tube frame with allen screw in the center once you fold it down to expose it. I can get a pic of that if needed. The tube does seem to be the proper 5 5/8" length to match. Can it be done? OR am I wasting my time?

Attachments

• 51vGSO4xjUL._SL1000_.jpg
    51vGSO4xjUL._SL1000_.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 249
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 264
If your bike has a 1" steerer tube, you coukd mate the two parts. I dunno, Looks you would have a hard time keeping the front wheel on the ground. WHeelies all day.

If your bike has a 1" steerer tube, you coukd mate the two parts. I dunno, Looks you would have a hard time keeping the front wheel on the ground. WHeelies all day.

View attachment 46893

Haha!!!! Very nice work. Funny car ya say? The one you have in your pic is more of the straight design, but they do have more extreme lowriders types giving a wider wheel base.

With the way it rides now, I feel like it pretty much has me lurched over the front wheel on every bump. So maybe 20" is overkill? I suppose I could just try 20" or if too much then 18 or even 16 would still be an upgrade. Thanks.

Back