Build or buy?

I see that too, but it seems more incorrect assembly or operator error. The BBB site only shows one complaint in the last 3 years. It was in regards to contacting support to eventually fund a broken hall sensor wire and a bad hall sensor. I’m not sure how both can be bad at the same time, but there was resolution. I try my all to NOT contact support. I’d rather fix it myself. If I’m going to go through a hassle, it’s going to be to learn how to do it. YouTube has given me the confidence to fix many things. HVAC, water heater, kitchen aid mixer, cotton candy machine, building a chicken coop, all kinds of things. I’m pretty handy.

A bit off topic, but one thing about rize bikes, and other bikes with a bafang middrive that I’m curious about is if the motor (M620) can be user programmed with the display/usb cable.
My Rize(2019) has an older UART M620 that can be programed with the usb cable but i think m620s made after 2021 are probably CAN-BUS and are pretty well locked down. Dont quote me on this but im pretty sure.

My Rize(2019) has an older UART M620 that can be programed with the usb cable but i think m620s made after 2021 are probably CAN-BUS and are pretty well locked down. Dont quote me on this but im pretty sure.
That’s what I was wondering. I remember reading that someone got the second battery and was planning to use it in an ebike conversion. They noted that there were 3 leads coming from the battery and couldn’t use it for their conversion. I was thinking of going the same route. I think there is a workaround to access CANBUS systems. They may have just had the wrong motor and perhaps a CANBUS motor would’ve worked.

Back