Hello! and I think I want to build my very first ebike(compact cargo)!

@freckles,
Please write an honest review of your experience and level of support here. It will help others. Two lines are great.
Edit: That is weird. By here I meant Google Maps. For some reason the link didn't take.
Thank you,
PedalUma

Last edited:
Use your ankles more than your thighs when spinning. Ladies will notice the Pop-Eye difference. Your calves will pop, huge. It is all ankles. Move those feet with swimming flow.

I'm still trying to get used to it but my right foot wants the pedal closer to the frame.
I flipped my bike and took measurements between crank and down tube. L is 65mm and R is 94mm.
Are there replacement cranks that bring the right crank closer?
And considering shorter cranks. I have 150 mm cranks on my other bike and see there are 152 mm bafang cranks- are these compatible for the tongsheng? Will they bring the R pedal closer? It’s not clear in the description.
I think shorter cranks will help me make smaller spinning circles too.
Please ignore the mess in the background…

Attachments

• 36D6F027-8B16-479E-93C6-7204C763FEE7.jpeg
    36D6F027-8B16-479E-93C6-7204C763FEE7.jpeg
    208.1 KB · Views: 71
  • 8A2BAD00-BF94-482B-BE0B-828A8D5E1366.jpeg
    8A2BAD00-BF94-482B-BE0B-828A8D5E1366.jpeg
    186.5 KB · Views: 70
I'm still trying to get used to it but my right foot wants the pedal closer to the frame.
I flipped my bike and took measurements between crank and down tube. L is 65mm and R is 94mm.
Are there replacement cranks that bring the right crank closer?
And considering shorter cranks. I have 150 mm cranks on my other bike and see there are 152 mm bafang cranks- are these compatible for the tongsheng? Will they bring the R pedal closer? It’s not clear in the description.
I think shorter cranks will help me make smaller spinning circles too.
Please ignore the mess in the background…
you can correct some of the imbalanced Q by using a straight crank arm on the chainring side. The imbalance didn't bother me particularly but I did buy straight Bafang crank arms and used one on the chainring side, it pretty much evened things out. Not sure about shorter cranks, that would make things more difficult because both would be straight and still leave you with the imbalanced Q.

Electrify Bike website says they're Bafang crank arms for square taper on the TSDZ2. They don't appear to have the 152mm in stock but other retailers appear to. I went the other way for my BBS01 and bought a pair of Lekkie cranks that push the left side 15mm further out to match. I'd tried a pair of 6" steel unicycle cranks but much prefer 170mm

Last edited:
you can correct some of the imbalanced Q by using a straight crank arm on the chainring side. The imbalance didn't bother me particularly but I did buy straight Bafang crank arms and used one on the chainring side, it pretty much evened things out. Not sure about shorter cranks, that would make things more difficult because both would be straight and still leave you with the imbalanced Q.
I would like to get cranks that are 152mm that minimize the imbalance- to help me make smaller circles (28.5" inseam/short person). So maybe I need to buy two different 152 mm cranks- L w/offset and R straight?

Electrify Bike website says they're Bafang crank arms for square taper for the TSDZ2. They don't appear to have the 152mm in stock but other retailers appear to. I went the other way for my BBS01 and bought a pair of Lekkie cranks that push the left side 15mm further out to match. I'd tried a pair of 6" steel unicycle cranks but much prefer 170mm
Yes, saw Electrify Bike specifies their cranks are 0 offset (but OOS for a while now). Saw others online- they don't specify 0 offset or are the same standard curved (15mm offset?) but just shorter. I checked aliexpress/amazon/ebay searching under - 152mm, straight, 0 offset aluminum cranks

My feet want the pedals to be more narrow than wide- I scuff up the toe side on all my shoes from walking with a narrow stance.

When I use Bafang crankarms on a TS I need to mill 4mm off the inside of the left or it rubs. I do not have the answer to this one. So I will listen and learn.

I would like to get cranks that are 152mm that minimize the imbalance- to help me make smaller circles (28.5" inseam/short person). So maybe I need to buy two different 152 mm cranks- L w/offset and R straight?
that sounds like it should work to whatever the offset difference is between the cranks you buy. I tried to compare the standard tsdz2 crank arm to the more flat bafang but found it difficult to get a good measurement of offset correction. I think I only purchased the right bafang crank (you can buy them separately on Amazon) which is installed so I can't compare the crank arms off of the bike.

While riding today I had a weird idea, 'Two left crank arms from different sets, with the right one reversed." That would get the threads right and might give a good Q.

Wouldn't work because the square taper would be reversed, crank bolt recess would be on wrong side and it would still be a LH thread for the pedal (reversing the crank wouldn't change thread direction).

Electrify Bike website says they're Bafang crank arms for square taper for the TSDZ2. They don't appear to have the 152mm in stock but other retailers appear to. I went the other way for my BBS01 and bought a pair of Lekkie cranks that push the left side 15mm further out to match. I'd tried a pair of 6" steel unicycle cranks but much prefer 170mm
Yes, I looked up Lekkie cranks, they have 160mm cranks w/the R straight and the L offset. I don't think it will narrow the distance but make it feel more balanced? Or try a 170mm R Bafang straight crank...

When I use Bafang crankarms on a TS I need to mill 4mm off the inside of the left or it rubs. I do not have the answer to this one. So I will listen and learn.
I might try a 170mm Bafang straight crank for the R side. Will I need to mill it for the R side too?
http://www.schlumpfdrive.com/index.php/cranks-safety-strips-easy-shift.html
There are Schlumph 155mm straight cranks- that will give me shorter cranks, narrow the overall width but still retain the R offset.

I have found that Bafang cranks on a TS only require taking off 4mm on the left side. I slice it off with a hacksaw then file smooth. I first ran into that with this bike about five years ago, before I could pull off clean builds. I loved that chrome bike with 8 internal gears, a gold chain in honor of Mr. T, and a 16-t to 50 ring.

1691602502485.jpeg

Last edited:
Ended up ordering this: Its a 152mm straight crank for a unicycle so the overall width will be narrower- I'll still have the offset on the R due to the motor but hoping the reduced width will make my right foot happier. I rode my regular bike (has 150mm cranks) into work today and its easier to spin on these shorter cranks. I did keep in mine to use my ankles more- flipping them like when swimming and that was helpful!!!

https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-...b6-b0f9-ce1c8cf9c352&pd_rd_i=B00648ORWY&psc=1

There are lots of alloy cranks in 152mm or even shorter on AliEx, I use them on my wife's bikes & ebikes, since she's 4' 11", really short inseam:

Thank you. Do the cranks you got for your wife have an iffset?
I looked all over and aliexpress but they all seem to have offset and I’m looking for 0mm offset.
AliEx has a few 0mm no offset cranks but they have a chainring attached and are 170mm.
I did message a few to clarify if any have offset or are straight cranks.
Prefer alloy over steel for lighter weight and won’t be stomping on the pedals.

You can ask your questions to the seller directly through AliEx.
Google Translator usually does a pretty good job with translations to Chinese.

You can ask your questions to the seller directly through AliEx.
Google Translator usually does a pretty good job with translations to Chinese.
They replied but none have short crank arms w/0 or low offset.

I found and placed an order for these- Samox 155mm cranks 5mm offset
They have 5mm offset but still lower than the 18mm or more Bafang 152mm cranks and made of alloy vs steel. Cancelled the steel unicycle cranks.

Looking for a front rack for attaching panniers. Tern Spartan front rack

And eventually add a Tern or other version of the
Tern Hauler
Tern transporteur rack

Back